UFN 103: Rodriguez vs. Penn - Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Lauzon/Held: I would say that the line was probably set about right with Joe as a slight favorite if Held were to use all his skills like I saw in Bellator and he tried to strike and set up takedowns and didn't just go for the leg lock like he did in his recent UFC debut against Diego. But the reality is that he did try that awful gameplan and didn't adjust, plus he gassed- although that was partially attributable to the Mexico City elevation. J-Lau on the other hand looked really good in his last couple of fights despite losing the contentious decision to Jim Miller. So my thinking is- how can one back Held even as a slight underdog if he needs to fight completely differently than his last fight in the UFC and show much better cardio? That's a big leap of faith- two leaps of faith actually. So with a fairly close line this is a favorite or pass for me. And since I'm too degen to pass, I'm making a decent sized bet on Joe Lauzon. If Held proves me wrong then hopefully I can live bet my way out of it.

Regarding Lauzon/Held: I would say that the line was probably set about right with Joe as a slight favorite if Held were to use all his skills like I saw in Bellator and he tried to strike and set up takedowns and didn't just go for the leg lock like he did in his recent UFC debut against Diego. But the reality is that he did try that awful gameplan and didn't adjust, plus he gassed- although that was partially attributable to the Mexico City elevation. J-Lau on the other hand looked really good in his last couple of fights despite losing the contentious decision to Jim Miller. So my thinking is- how can one back Held even as a slight underdog if he needs to fight completely differently than his last fight in the UFC and show much better cardio? That's a big leap of faith- two leaps of faith actually. So with a fairly close line this is a favorite or pass for me. And since I'm too degen to pass, I'm making a decent sized bet on Joe Lauzon. If Held proves me wrong then hopefully I can live bet my way out of it.
Lauzon at evens or above would be my only bet on this card but I think as a slight fav the line is right.

Really hope this card is good for lb. Barring any significant line movements it's 100% a no bet from me. I'm not even going to bother with draft kings.

To be fair to biggie he was slain in his prime by suge knight.
Tupac was young too and did way more for rap and the black community than Biggie. He actually rapped about real issues too unlike Biggie who just rapped about dealing crack for the most part. Juicy is a classic tho.

You just lb? Pussy!!!

Ok saw above post
Pussy or smart? I wouldn't touch any of these bum fights if they were on a proper card. This card is bottom of the barrel and a good chunk of fighters on it aren't anywhere near UFC level or trustworthy. My new years betting resolution is to be 100% disciplined this year.

To be fair to biggie he was slain in his prime by suge knight.
to be fair to good rap music Big Pun had potential to be just as good and Capital Punishment is one of the best rap albums ever but the only dead rappers ever talked about are biggie and 2pac (who is over rated as fuck)

also, surprised EZ hasn't made a 'off topic discussions caused by JB' thread yet to move this shit into

Really hope this card is good for lb. Barring any significant line movements it's 100% a no bet from me. I'm not even going to bother with draft kings.
cmon bruh get in DK you know we struggle as is to fill it lol

cmon bruh get in DK you know we struggle as is to fill it lol
Nah there's genuinely not more than 2 fighters I trust on this card never mind 6

to be fair to good rap music Big Pun had potential to be just as good and Capital Punishment is one of the best rap albums ever but the only dead rappers ever talked about are biggie and 2pac (who is over rated as fuck)

also, surprised EZ hasn't made a 'off topic discussions caused by JB' thread yet to move this shit into

Lol @ calling Tupac overrated but not Biggie "one good album" Smalls

Let's just make this whole thread an off topic discussion. Honestly fuck this card who really gives a shit

Nah there's genuinely not more than 2 fighters I trust on this card never mind 6

Lol @ calling Tupac overrated but not Biggie "one good album" Smalls
Both of BIGs albums are easily better than any Tupac album. Not saying Tupac wasn't great, but hes nowhere near GOAT discussions. Kendrick is 100x better at conscious rap

Tupac was young too and did way more for rap and the black community than Biggie. He actually rapped about real issues too unlike Biggie who just rapped about dealing crack for the most part. Juicy is a classic tho.

Tupac acting all gangsta when he was middle class always grated me. But yeah some of tupac's poems are off the chart

Pussy or smart? I wouldn't touch any of these bum fights if they were on a proper card. This card is bottom of the barrel and a good chunk of fighters on it aren't anywhere near UFC level or trustworthy. My new years betting resolution is to be 100% disciplined this year.

I was with ya but ive been waiting to fade bojan again and after watching tape on powell i couldnt resist combining chris and klose

Really not liking the dogs on this card, I'm expecting a lot of favourites to come through but these lines have no value. The fact that I'm considering parlaying Christensen and Klose just shows how bad this card is for betting. Seems like Kalikas did his job well this week, still it's so crazy to me that the guy that sets the lines can't even turn a profit when he bets on his own lines.

I am going full gangsta on Schev vs Pena card.
CREAM.

Both of BIGs albums are easily better than any Tupac album. Not saying Tupac wasn't great, but hes nowhere near GOAT discussions. Kendrick is 100x better at conscious rap
Tupac had better lyricism, production and influence. He was just a better artist as a whole. Biggie's flow > Tupac's that's literally it. Life After Death is one of the most overrated albums ever. Not re-listenable at all. Hypnotize and Mo Money Mo Problems are the only bangers but once you realise you can hear P Diddy mumbling in the background in every single fucking Biggie song you quickly begin to dislike any of his music (personal pet peeve, it's fucking annoying).

I am going full gangsta on Schev vs Pena card.
CREAM.
Schev wins, hope she's the dog. Pena is believing her own hype way too much. Her resume is weak yet she acts like she's 25-0 or something.

Really not liking the dogs on this card, I'm expecting a lot of favourites to come through but these lines have no value. The fact that I'm considering parlaying Christensen and Klose just shows how bad this card is for betting. Seems like Kalikas did his job well this week, still it's so crazy to me that the guy that sets the lines can't even turn a profit when he bets on his own lines.
Charging $700 for a few months of your bets on the lines you open and not even profiting in 2016 says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back