UFC's GSP's MW defence clause was BS

The amount of cognitive dissonance on this site right now is just pathetic.

GSP wanted nothing to do with MW apart from Bisping.

Sometimes the easiest explanation is the truth.

Just accept it for god’s sake. Enough already.

Dana’s disdain for GSP’s evasive action is nothing new and well-documented.

JUST ACCEPT IT!!!! Lol

JUST ACCEPT IT!!!! Lol

Watch the link.

JUST ACCEPT IT!!!! Lol

haha you really think dana didnt know this was gsp's plan in the first place? Man i keep forgetting how bloody stupid some of you who post ehre are.

The Hendo fight only happened because the UFC wanted a favorable match-up for GSP's return. When has the UFC ever been sentimental? When has a guy ranked #13 [Probably should have been ranked #20] leap frogged over a stacked division with at least 5 potential, legitimate challengers??

So they had Bisping fight Hendo before Gsp had even signed a new contract and 13 months before Bisping vs Hendo just so Gsp would have a favorable matchup? Bs

So they had Bisping fight Hendo before Gsp had even signed a new contract and 13 months before Bisping vs Hendo just so Gsp would have a favorable matchup? Bs
Yes. Bisping or Hendo, the winner didn't matter. The UFC wanted GSP to return. GSP wanted the MW strap [With the 'right' opponent]. The UFC were under the impression GSP would be fighting first half of 2017. That's why they did the press conference at the start of 2017.

If they line Bisping up with Jacare, Romero, Mousasi, Weidman or Rockhold, Bisping loses, and GSP doesn't return.

Why would the UFC do the Bisping v Hendo match? When have they ever been sentimental? It wasn't a big money fight. It's wasn't wanted by the fans. There was no up side to that match.

The UFC have shit on all their stars in the past. They have a 100% track record of putting the business first. They made that match to lure GSP back. It didn't matter who won.

If you can tell me one good reason why the UFC would book the #13th ranked Hendo vs Bisping in a stacked division, outside of the reasons I've listed I'm all ears.

Anyone up to pinning down footage of Dana and GSP saying that the contract stipulate that he has to defend the title if he wins it? lol

Nothing can make GSP fight.

Contract means SFA to a well off fighter.

Fighters can simply not fight.

If however they need the money they are over a barrel.

Back