UFC's GSP's MW defence clause was BS

If GSP wants to fight, he will fight whoever he wants, whenever he wants, wherever he wants.

The Hendo fight only happened because the UFC wanted a favorable match-up for GSP's return. When has the UFC ever been sentimental? When has a guy ranked #13 [Probably should have been ranked #20] leap frogged over a stacked division with at least 5 potential, legitimate challengers??

Last edited:
Maybe I'm naive.....I also think GSP's health issues are legit.
It just happens to help him and the UFC set the fights they want easier.

This is gsp saying fuck you Dana. I won't fight I will just retire if you don't change my contract.

Dana is a fucking idiot

can anyone maybe think something along the lines of..... GSP said he would make a come back and kept his word. was given a stipulation in his contract which he agreed to. He won the fight despite not feeling the way he wanted to feel. He now is diagnosed with an illness which explains why he was getting sick. He freaks and in his mind now feels like he may not be able to perform at his best in a higher weight class since he wont be able to, in his own mind, be as bi or strong as he feels he needs in order to compete with the bigger guys. Therefor being human and everything he is going back and forth in his own mind trying to figure out what he should do and what might be best for him to do. Not to mention the fact everyone is on his ass about making up his mind, he isn't exactly being given the quiet time needed to make the best decision he can make. I mean common people wtf hes a human being and has a mind of his own and is doing what most of us might be doing if we were in his shoes. Oh but we know everything right. we know whats best for him to do. Its ridiculous. The ball will get rolling. It always does. Fights will continue to happen, all will be well everyone just needs to chill the fk out. o_O

Wu954mW.jpg

This is gsp saying fuck you Dana. I won't fight I will just retire if you don't change my contract.

Dana is a fucking idiot

I don't think so "Walter"...I think Dana and GSP knew exactly what they were doing.

can anyone maybe think something along the lines of..... GSP said he would make a come back and kept his word. was given a stipulation in his contract which he agreed to. He won the fight despite not feeling the way he wanted to feel. He now is diagnosed with an illness which explains why he was getting sick. He freaks and in his mind now feels like he may not be able to perform at his best in a higher weight class since he wont be able to, in his own mind, be as bi or strong as he feels he needs in order to compete with the bigger guys. Therefor being human and everything he is going back and forth in his own mind trying to figure out what he should do and what might be best for him to do. Not to mention the fact everyone is on his ass about making up his mind, he isn't exactly being given the quiet time needed to make the best decision he can make. I mean common people wtf hes a human being and has a mind of his own and is doing what most of us might be doing if we were in his shoes. Oh but we know everything right. we know whats best for him to do. Its ridiculous. The ball will get rolling. It always does. Fights will continue to happen, all will be well everyone just needs to chill the fk out. o_O

I'm just saying the stipulation in his contract was never going to be enforced if all parties weren't on board.
GSP doesn't ever have fight again if he doesn't want to.

I think.yheybdid it to assure the fans, and to convince them the fight has purpose and to buy the ppv

Clearly you didn't see the verbal smack down that Congress put on the UFC's attorneys a couple weeks ago

Congress isn't a person.

"Clearly" you know the GSP contract was signed far before.

Get out of your cartoon world kid.

I'm thinking the UFC threw that clause in there to cover their asses from congress.
They've been under some heat, and needed some substance contractually to pull the GSP/Bisping fight off.
We can claim that GSP had no intention of defending, but I suspect the UFC had no intention either.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjn9dPZ4_bXAhUIXhoKHaEcC6oQtwIIJzAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJrBFumjzOw&usg=AOvVaw2q43xA9QrH3DE3IqbdJQx4

Because he knew he was going to get an illness that wouldn't let him compete at 185. The devious GSP and his colitis.

Congress isn't a person.

HA! Are you saying the UFC didn't see congress coming long before the GSP contract?
With all due respect oldtimer...who's the kid here.

Congress? no

It was just to try and quiet down all the Yoel and Whittaker and Jacare fans who watched their fighters get screwed out of title shots for guys who deserved it less.

we all knoww damn well that gsp has the biggest bargaining chip in his possession, wether or not he ever fights again is up to him. Anyone thinking that bs im defending at middle weight crap he was spewing before the fight is dillusional to how gsp has acted his entire career. He never ever gets ahead of himself, he never looks past an opponent. He didnt start doing it this time.

This was a calculated comeback, not some hey i think i can hang still. I used to be a huge gsp fan, from montreal put the guy on a pedestal but it's hard to argue his career hasnt turned into a mcgoober shitfest too.

The only reason gsp came back is because he saw capt.wolf tickets mcgregor cashing in and figured he still had a shot at doing it to.

Congress isn't a person.

You realize they spent at least 5 minutes talking about Bisping vs GSP and Bisping vs Henderson 2?

Watch the session before opening your mouth. You're making yourself look stupid.

Congress? no

It was just to try and quiet down all the Yoel and Whittaker and Jacare fans who watched their fighters get screwed out of title shots for guys who deserved it less.
Meh...this was bigger picture stuff IMO.
Future ppv's while thumbing their nose at congress.

Back