UFC/WME chose to pay/sign 38 year old USADA Jacare over 5 fight win streak 32 year old USADA Mousasi

Both should have been kept, both are still elite.

But when they fought Jacare showed he was quite a few levels above Mousasi.

The offer wasn't as good?
Tell me what the UFC offered him then

"Letting him go" insinuates the UFC have a choice in the matter, it's completely up to the fighter as a free agent

Money isn't the only factor
For example...Gegard listed being given more of the spotlight in Bellator due to the lack of stars in the org as one of his reasons, for all we know Rory could feel the same and the UFC's offer could have been just as good or slightly better.

This really isn't true, the UFC has a matching clause and had the right to match Bellator's offer and make him stay. I've never heard of a top fighter in the UFC NOT having one. Maybe Mousasi is the exception, but I doubt it. In all likelihoodthe UFC simply chose not to match, which was stupid imo.

Bellator has them too, and a matching clause was the focal point in the legal battle over Eddie Alvarez's contract.

Moose is about as talented as Alvey or Tim Boetsch except those guys have humility and some sort of gimmick that appeals to PPV buyers.

I guess the Big Daddy movie wasn't big in Iran.

I crushed Can Hendersonn give me Can Bisping so I can spice up my wiki page and belt collection. No I won't fight Rockhold with a 4 month camp.

Moose mentality:

XzZnY9.gif
Wow.. i knew that there were stupid people on sherdog but " fucking stupid"--- you just hit that level.

Congrats

Both should have been kept, both are still elite.

But when they fought Jacare showed he was quite a few levels above Mousasi.
Yea, maybe at the time. That was then though.. In this era, one could call it the USADA era I suppose, Moose bodies Jacare 10/10 times.

Still a travesty they let him walk.

Moose was never afraid to call out bullshit in the sport because he doesnt NEED the sport. His bank account is fat as fuck from other revenue and he would be alright never fighting again. Hes just trying to cash in while he can and UFC let Bellator make him a better off.

Gegard headlined Belfast, a tiny city by EU standards & he was on prelims elsewhere.

Hendo & Vitor are draws. Overeem is not a draw but is on Lesnar money.

You didn't, though? Gegard Mousasi absolutely wanted more money out of the UFC but they wouldn't give it to him.
Where he said that
Show me

So wait, you're still struggling to understand that it's entirely up to the organization to make an offer on a fighter as an investment?
They made an offer

You don't know (nor do I) if it was better or worse than Bellator's, I've given you an example of Bellator having something the UFC can't offer, that one example might not be the only one, it's just to show there are other things that fighters consider outside of what can be put in a contract.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The UFC ABSOLUTELY controls who they choose to promote in hopes of becoming a draw. Whether or not it pans out depends on what happens in the cage, but you are out of your mind if you don't think the UFC controls their promotion.
Not what I said
Of course they control who they promote but with so many top fighters to promote a fighter can get lost in the shuffle

UFC: Ocean
Bellator: Pond

Yeah, this is where you're getting lost. The spotlight doesn't matter if it doesn't translate into a dollar amount for the fighter. The UFC didn't offer these guys enough of a dollar amount to offset the treatment they would get in Bellator. That is still on the UFC. If the UFC decides that Gegard isn't worth the investment, that is their decision to not offer a more lucrative contract. Gegard WANTED to be in the UFC, but the UFC didn't offer him enough. Bellator may not have offered what he wanted in dollar amounts, but because of the easier path to a belt, treatment, and sponsorships Gegard chose to go that route. But don't think for a second if the UFC didn't offer him the dollar amount he wanted he wouldn't of taken it, same goes for Rory.

I'm not saying you're wrong in that these other factors play a huge role, you just aren't applying them correctly.
The spotlight doesn't have to immediately translate to dollars and offering more money to compensate for thing that another org doesn't have to put in a contract doesn't sound practical or sustainable
If the fighter can see more earning potential as "Bellator champion" than "UFC top 10 fighter" that is not something the UFC can control.

UFC can offer a contract but not force someone to sign it
The final decision is on the fighter

No contract offer is "letting them go"

Done with this conversation, my man
Responses are getting too long, lol
I'll let you have the last word if you want it.

Where he said that
Show me

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/05/gegard-mousasi-ufc-contract-offer-not-good

“We want to sign with the UFC,” Mousasi said on Wednesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FS1. “UFC wants to sign also, so I don’t know. They should pay. I’m co-main event all the time, so it’s not like people don’t know me. (The offer) is not good. We don’t like it.”

The spotlight doesn't have to immediately translate to dollars and offering more money to compensate for thing that another org doesn't have to put in a contract doesn't sound practical or sustainable
If the fighter can see more earning potential as "Bellator champion" than "UFC top 10 fighter" that is not something the UFC can control.

Yes, they can. By offering the fighter more earnings.

That was their initial offer and when he wasn't allowed to negotiate with any other org

Neither of us know if he was upset with the final offer in terms of money.

Own sponsors, allowed to fight in other orgs, more of the spotlight...Things he listed when he signed with Bellator, also praised the UFC.

Ok now i'm done

He also said that he wanted to sign with the UFC. Which means that on the UFC's end, it was strictly about money. Don't need to split hairs fams.

We agree on the incentives he has in Bellator, we just don't agree on the responsibility of the UFC in all this. I'm ok with ending on that.

Tbh, I'm glad he signed with Bellator. Fuck UFC! He said if he goes 6-0 there, he will sign another contract for 3 fights and retire. If he wins some and loses some he will retire after those 6 fights. So he's not coming back to UFC. His plan is to fight Shlemenko, Carvalho, Rory and Bader..It's much better to fight those guys than Boetch and Jotko while Bisping fights retired WWs.

War Moose!

Tbh, I'm glad he signed with Bellator. Fuck UFC! He said if he goes 6-0 there, he will sign another contract for 3 fights and retire. If he wins some and loses some he will retire after those 6 fights. So he's not coming back to UFC. His plan is to fight Shlemenko, Carvalho, Rory and Bader..It's much better to fight those guys than Boetch and Jotko while Bisping fights retired WWs.

War Moose!

I still think he ends up back in the UFC.

The UFC MW division title picture will be slim af. He'll have those 6 fights down in probably 2.5-3 years, and in that time Jacare and Romero will be over the hill, Bisping will be gone and no longer holding up the division. It'll be up to how Whittaker and Rockhold age, but those two can't fight eachother for 3 years straight. He'll go back with better bargaining power than he left with.

Gegard Mousasi was on the MMA hour yesterday and he confirmed that UFC/WME gave Jacare a new big money contract before his fight with Whittaker in order to get him to sign. Meanwhile, they only offered Mousasi a 20K dollars raise after Mousasi made Weidman quit and became a free agent.

Basically, UFC chose to pay and keep 38 year old USADA Jacare over 5 fight win streak 32 year old USADA Mousasi.

Did WME make the right choice with their investment?

Thoughts?

Chose to sign or did Jarcare accept an offer and did Moose choose Bellator

Jacare doesn't go on tirades at press conferences and sound like a whiney douche because other fighters make more money.

that's right! He never invested to learn english while being in an English spoken promotion. lazy guy.

Only figure given is the increase in Mouse's pay.

How the fuck am i supposed to make any kind of assessment with vague adjectives?

I still think he ends up back in the UFC.

The UFC MW division title picture will be slim af. He'll have those 6 fights down in probably 2.5-3 years, and in that time Jacare and Romero will be over the hill, Bisping will be gone and no longer holding up the division. It'll be up to how Whittaker and Rockhold age, but those two can't fight eachother for 3 years straight. He'll go back with better bargaining power than he left with.

That's assuming he wins and assuming he gets fights quickly enough. Both of which, guys moving to Bellator from the UFC have had problems with.

Back