UFC/WME chose to pay/sign 38 year old USADA Jacare over 5 fight win streak 32 year old USADA Mousasi

That's not what happened at all. Basically a thread about a bullshit premise you made up in your head

Although for your threads it's about par for the course

Gegard Mousasi was on the MMA hour yesterday and he confirmed that UFC/WME gave Jacare a new big money contract before his fight with Whittaker in order to get him to sign. Meanwhile, they only offered Mousasi a 20K dollars raise after Mousasi made Weidman quit and became a free agent.

Basically, UFC chose to pay and keep 38 year old USADA Jacare over 5 fight win streak 32 year old USADA Mousasi.

Did WME make the right choice with their investment?

Thoughts?

At the time, it was a good one.
Jacare was the favorite and would fight for the belt against Bisping.
They had no way to know Jacare would lose that fight.

And Mousasi was not in title picture yet. And he beat Weidman, but that was a Weidman who was coming off 2 losses already, and the win was somewhat controversial (not due to Mou, but it obviously affected how you look at that win).

So yeah, I can see why they would pay Jacare more than Mou at that time.

Makes no difference to me

I can watch Bellator and UFC both

I am not restricted to 1 MMA promotion

Moose is the guy who lost out on something

Moose didn't lose out on anything. He got a better contract and is going to be treated better.

Jacare did the right thing and Mousasi did the right thing.

and UFC ruined the strongest division of 185ers we've seen since Pride.

it's really a shame.

Moan about your own pay? Fine. But nobody respects someone who bitches about someone else's pay.

Lmao what. If a guy is doing a job better than someone else but is getting paid less, it's an absolutely relevant comparison to make if you're voicing dissatisfaction. If someone came in to your dishwashing job, worked slower, but got paid double you're telling me you wouldn't say anything and if you did no one would respect you for it? I hope you know how stupid and unrealistic that sounds. Because you'd absolutely say "fuck this" and go somewhere else if they don't give you the same deal.

And that's what Moose did. Don't make up fairy tale standards for this discussion. No reasonable person that wasn't benefiting from a shitty pay structure would lose respect for someone who's upset about getting paid less than people worse at their job.

Last edited:
You have no Idea what the UFC offered Gegard

It was Sassy's choice, not the UFC's

Do something about it then

All Moose did was bitch, cry and act like some entitled piece of shit

He did do something about it you absolute turd. He played a fake heel to get more attention which worked with the fan base and got him a big fight against the all american poster boy but when the UFC didn't give him an offer he couldn't refuse he went to Bellator where he feels he does get what he deserves. This is the very definition of doing something about it, you fruits.

He did do something about it you absolute turd. He played a fake heel to get more attention which worked with the fan base and got him a big fight against the all american poster boy but when the UFC didn't give him an offer he couldn't refuse he went to Bellator where he feels he does get what he deserves. This is the very definition of doing something about it, you fruits.

Doing something about it would mean that he accomplished in getting what he wanted

He didnt

He ran off to another promotion and continues to talk shit about UFC like some scorned child

Gegard Mousasi was on the MMA hour yesterday and he confirmed that UFC/WME gave Jacare a new big money contract before his fight with Whittaker in order to get him to sign. Meanwhile, they only offered Mousasi a 20K dollars raise after Mousasi made Weidman quit and became a free agent.

Basically, UFC chose to pay and keep 38 year old USADA Jacare over 5 fight win streak 32 year old USADA Mousasi.

Thoughts?

population of brazil - 207 million

population of holland - 17 million

Doing something about it would mean that he accomplished in getting what he wanted

He didnt

He ran off to another promotion and continues to talk shit about UFC like some scorned child

Moose gives one interview highlighting why he left the UFC criticizing its widely acknowledged shitty pay structure and this guy loses his fucking mind and has the nerve to say " it doesn't affect me at all"

Lmao what. If a guy is doing a job better than someone else but is getting paid less, i's an absolutely relevant comparison to make if you're voicing dissatisfaction. If someone came in to your dishwashing job, worked slower, but got paid double you're telling me you wouldn't say anything and if you did no one would respect you for it? I hope you know how stupid and unrealistic that sounds. Because you'd absolutely say "fuck this" and go somewhere else if they don't give you the same deal.

And that's what Moose did. Don't make up fairy tale standards for this discussion. No reasonable person that wasn't benefiting from a shitty pay structure would lose respect for someone who's upset about getting paid less than people worse at their job.
The guy he mostly vocally complained about was Mark Hunt, who was headlining big cards, and scoring walk off KOs. There was no comparison. People came to see Mark Hunt fight. Nobody but Shertards give a shit about Gegard.

Thoughts?

They let freaken rory mcdonald go...end of story...that had to be the worst decision, you can make...rory is a great fighter...Made woodley look stupid...so he lost a war to lawler...big deal...he's young...he'll learn and get better....They keep guys that haven't won fights in years like Gomi...The ufc are idiots...

The guy he mostly vocally complained about was Mark Hunt, who was headlining big cards, and scoring walk off KOs. There was no comparison. People came to see Mark Hunt fight. Nobody but Shertards give a shit about Gegard.

I'm sure it was entirely Mark Hunt's decision to headline cards and not the UFC's, just like it was entirely Mousasi's decision to not get title shots or get fights he wanted. Funny you mention how there's no comparison, though, because Mark Hunt (as much as I love him) is 3-4 in his last 7. So I agree, there is no comparison.

I swear, people don't think about the things they say when they're fanboying the UFC's decision making lmao

No they didn't
He walked
Free agency

I mean, he walked because they didn't have an offer as good as Bellator's. When you're the organization doing the signing, that's letting him go.

Moose gives one interview highlighting why he left the UFC criticizing its widely acknowledged shitty pay structure and this guy loses his fucking mind and has the nerve to say " it doesn't affect me at all"

Losing my mind? lol

This is what just happened. Step by Step

1. You talked shit
2. I responded with facts and observations that you cant refute
3. You realize that I am 100% correct about Moose
4. You talk shit since thats all you can do at this point

Losing my mind? lol

This is what just happened. Step by Step

1. You talked shit
2. I responded with facts and observations that you cant refute
3. You realize that I am 100% correct about Moose
4. You talk shit since thats all you can do at this point
5. You felt the need to reassure yourself that you are right 4 times in a row, which is an indication that even you think you're full of shit

Jacare and Romero are both close to being done, while Mousasi is still close to his prime. UFC screwed this one up bigly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back