"UFC wants 50% of Conor's purse! If fight doesn't happen BLAME THE UFC!" Bob Arum

Blame the UFC for one of its fighters breaking their contract? How about blame the UFC for making Mcgregor a star and giving him a push more than any other fighter in history.

I just don't give a fuck if they get paid or not as long as I see a good show.

The company that i work for charges $120 an hour for my labor but I don't get paid but $24. Is that fair? Being that I don't own any part of the company I have to say its fair.

Comparing your work to an athlete competing in front of hundreds of thousands of people in a live performance is intellectually dishonest. I do want MMA fighters to get paid well, so it will attract more impressive athletes to the sport.

Bob Arum helped make boxing what it is today. A failing boring sport. For example, the best fighters not fighting against one another. Thanks Bob

No, no he can't. Most sports contracts won't even let you do stuff like skydiving, pick-up hoops, or skiing/snowboarding in the offseason.
NBA players play in tournament leagues all the time during the off season

UFC is not a boxing promoter and should get nothing. They promote and stage MMA fights - that's their business. They don't own people just because they signed a cooperation by racy to fight MMA for them.
If Mcgregor signed a contract that restricts him from competing in other pro sports that's Mcgregors fault not the UFC's. If you don't want to be controlled and 'owned' don't sign limiting contracts. Dullard.

What does Conor get from the UFC to pay them half?

In a normal event they put the show on and advertise

Then that's what's in his contract. Conor must have certain stipulations that prevents him from competing in other combat sports without UFC's permission. He's the one that signed it.
Yeah and the difference is he can't leave the UFC. Any other pro contract is limited to that sport. UFC covers all fight related business. Even boxing contracts only hold a year. UFC clearly the hammer to the fighter's collective nails.

If this is true it's sad, I just don't see a way that WME comes out of this smelling like anything other than dogshit.

UFC made Canner. I say they deserve at least 80 -85% of the cut. It would still be allot leftover money for him.

Old man Arum telling it like it is

IDK if Bob has the correct revenue split that the UFC wants but there is no denying the UFC's predatory contracts and unfair revenue split they run their business on.

If Conor was a boxer, he'd make his entire

UFC contract ($100M / 8 fights) in 2-3 fights.

When Conor McGregor fights, Dana & the UFC

get paid more than Conor McGregor.

That's a problem. Free MMA.

I disagree.
COnor was one of the highest paid fighter in the UFC.
He is the one who strong-armed the UFC into signing his last contract.
He is a greedy bitch, and now he is locked in to a contract. His own fault.

i'd ask for 50% too, UFC is in complete control if he fights mayweather or not, so either accept 0% or 50%. That's the whole point of contracts. It would be like NBA/Cavaliers allowing LeBron to go play in some other country for free.
Or take 3 fights in the UFC until he is a free agent and can sign a contract without daddy Dana

Will bob arum's cut of profits come in form of pallet of powdered milk?

Do people actually want to see this "fight"? I just dont see the point of it.

Bob arum and predatory contracts in the same post? No way...

And for the record guys like arum and king make the ufc look like choirboys....

Well,

This was going to be the issue since day 1. I will be amazed if the fight actually takes place.

Old man Arum telling it like it is

IDK if Bob has the correct revenue split that the UFC wants but there is no denying the UFC's predatory contracts and unfair revenue split they run their business on.

If Conor was a boxer, he'd make his entire

UFC contract ($100M / 8 fights) in 2-3 fights.

When Conor McGregor fights, Dana & the UFC

get paid more than Conor McGregor.

That's a problem. Free MMA.

Whatever the contract states, Conor is the one who singed it.

Back