"UFC wants 50% of Conor's purse! If fight doesn't happen BLAME THE UFC!" Bob Arum

Frankie,

You recently post a thread with estimates that the UFC accepted much less than 50% of Conor's purse. Can you reiterate the specifics ITT?

Conor McGregor single handily bent over Dana and made him accept the fight.

Then he made Dana & the UFC accept less than 50% of the his purse.

giphy.gif

Here ya go my man
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/report-breakdown-on-fight-cut-for-conor-floyd-ufc.3554897/

Darren Rovell on the Ryen Rusillo show said that if the fight generates $370 million, that Mayweather’s take would be $220, McGregor would get $110 and the UFC would get between $25 million and $40 million.

-

No idea how accurate this is, but ...........

----------------------------------

The above was the post from Wednesday.

But I completely disagree with your assessment
I think (if figures are correct), it is a very fair deal for all involved.

Bob Arum is a senile fool. Just bc he said it, I would not put any stock in it

If it wasn't basketball he could go whenever he wanted.
Not true.. no other major sports beside Soccer, allows a contracted athlete to compete for another team or organization, in a competitive form, unless already in contract, or the team/ownership has a vested interest in the cross sport, other team, other organization, etc.. and even then, it has to be in contract and it'seems only Auto Racing and Motocross/Supercross, that I can think of, that allows such from a contracted athlete. The NFL isn't letting guys play in the arena league or Canada, MLB isn't allowing guys to play spring ball for dif teams out of organization if under contract, etc etc.. Reality is, Conor is an employee of the UFC, in this regard for this fight. He wouldn't be fighting if the UFC said no, were trying to build the integrity of mma, and weren't entertainment driven. But he is being allowed to fight, his management team didn't get the fight done nor negotiate with Floyd, Dana did so as a UFC employee. Will Conor pay for his own marketing, embedded series, countdown episodes, travel expenses for media obligations, etc.. ? No, the UFC will handle that, in which the fighter only gets a cut in the end, as the company in which he is working for, gets the bigger payday.. as with any biz. Conor himself, is lucky the UFC is willing to come down to 50%, I thought 65 UFC/35 Conor was generous, thought 70 UFC/30 Conor was good, and thought 75 UFC/25 Conor was fair.

after Nate got sued by his agent, Conor will end up sued by the UFC. This would be hilarious <36>

it's always about the money, i'm not surprised<209Bitch>

UFC is not a boxing promoter and should get nothing. They promote and stage MMA fights - that's their business. They don't own people just because they signed a contract to fight MMA for them.
Yet without them, Conor wouldn't be fighting Floyd Aug 26th and without their marketing push, he would be stuck to posting videos swinging awkwardly at cards in the air, missing with basic punches. Last time Conor did his own marketing was the 5 days prior to the first Nate fight, touch butt in the park marketing didn't do too well.. nor are videos of him getting toyed with by a lower tier pro boxer and looking odd and very wrong in the advice he gives about boxing.. especially when a year ago, he put out an edited version of the sparring session and claimed to have got the best of someone who clearly got the best of Conor in the unedited version.

UFC is not a boxing promoter and should get nothing. They promote and stage MMA fights - that's their business. They don't own people just because they signed a contract to fight MMA for them.

Own people? No

Own their rights in combat sports? absolutely.

I don't know what their exact cut is but I don't doubt it's substantial. Connie is still going to take home "Fuck you" money (25 plus) but y'all throwing around these projections as if he's going to take that amount by himself have no idea how this game works

it's not like the UFC is only taking 10-15%

The UFC realizes that Conor will never come back to MMA, so they are getting some money back on their investment.

It's called business. The FUC signed Conor, created 'Mac', and as much as he wants, they employ/own him. It's their goddam American right to want 50%, is what makes this country great (again). TrumpBless.
The UFC didnt create a fucking thing. They didnt run thier mouth and create "beef" with opponents to sell fights and they didnt knock top fighters out. Conor did.

The UFC should just take 90% of the cut as usual.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back