"UFC wants 50% of Conor's purse! If fight doesn't happen BLAME THE UFC!" Bob Arum

The funny thing about this forum on this topic is that posters deride boxing for drawing less PPVs, but the reality is the boxers still make more money than top MMA fighters. I guess fans on Sherdog are more fans of Dana and WME than they are fans of the actual fighters.

If it was in any way a fair world the UFC would only get 5-10% for their hard work of signing a piece of paper.

and the UFC is completely correct, they need to put a leash on their little boy

He could retire and cavs hold his rights in the NBA. Like Jordan playing baseball.

Then that's what's in his contract. Conor must have certain stipulations that prevents him from competing in other combat sports without UFC's permission. He's the one that signed it.

He signed away his ass to Dana, so it is up to Dana how much wad he wants to blow into it

Why wouldn't the UFC ask for that? Conor is under contract with them. They'd be taking a lot of risk letting their top draw go do something outside of their own business. Unless there is an obscene amount of money for the UFC, it wouldn't make sense for them to do it.

50 percent? Are ufc gonna do 50 percent of the work? No. Ufc should get a cut sure, but 50 percent? Jesus. Thats a goat fucking. 20 to 25 percent is more than fair. Just Greed i guess.
UFC should get 50% if he loses because of his marketability hit. And only 25% if he wins because of the opposite.

Well, I'd thank the UFC if they prevented this nonesense from happening. And Arum is a snake - no-one should believe a word he says.

Who cares what Bob Arum says? The guy is mentally retarded.
You can't be mentally retarded and have a net worth of $200 million. That takes at least some degree of intelligence to accomplish.

If it didn't, then I'm sure more people would have a net worth of $200 million.

It's called business. The FUC signed Conor, created 'Mac', and as much as he wants, they employ/own him. It's their goddam American right to want 50%, is what makes this country great (again). TrumpBless.

50% of tens of millions is better than zero. No doubt Conor takes the deal.

UFC should get 50% if he loses because of his marketability hit. And only 25% if he wins because of the opposite.
Deals like these arent simple cut and dry. The ufc could make a deal taking 20 percent as long as their brand and next ppv is promoted and advertised during the boxing event. That alone is worth millions. Also if they were to work out a deal where a rematch can be an MMA fight if Floyd decides not to retire after this fight, etc etc. I understand that the reality is Connor most likely gets boxed up pretty bad. But in an MMA fight Floyd would look like a fool too. Id want a public promise by Floyd to do an MMA fight after this fight. Because even if Floyd doesnt follow through, he will look bad because he didnt dollow through with it. But Floyd has all the money so he makes the rules i guess. If im the ufc, i try to convince Connor hes an mma fighter. Not a boxer. If he wants to try boxing, if im the ufc. I let Connor fight a ranked boxing opponent and see how he does. If Connor holds his own and wins. Then we can talk Floyd Mayweather fight.

Just go to China ffs. That's where the money is.

The Chinese will probably build a stadium for 300.000 people just for this event.

They also give 0 fucks about UFC contracts or US law.

The UFC made him, and he's still under contract. 50% is pretty steep, but if the full purse is 100 million and I get half of that, it's not a bad deal.

I see them wrestling the figures down to 70% to Conor though.

LOL...Are you really that surprised ? UFC has everything to lose with this fight and not much to gain. It will bring casuals seeing their poster boy get destroyed. Even if they make 60 M$ in that fight...it is peanuts to them.

The funny thing about this forum on this topic is that posters deride boxing for drawing less PPVs, but the reality is the boxers still make more money than top MMA fighters. I guess fans on Sherdog are more fans of Dana and WME than they are fans of the actual fighters.

I just don't give a fuck if they get paid or not as long as I see a good show.

The company that i work for charges $120 an hour for my labor but I don't get paid but $24. Is that fair? Being that I don't own any part of the company I have to say its fair.

You have to pay to play and 50% will still be a significant amount for Conor.

You can't be mentally retarded and have a net worth of $200 million. That takes at least some degree of intelligence to accomplish.

If it didn't, then I'm sure more people would have a net worth of $200 million.

You can get lucky and get rich while not being smart. The stuff Bob Arum has said about MMA proves that he's an idiot.

I think your impression about how hard it is to get rich is a little off. Paris Hilton is rich and so is Kim Kardasian.

Back