UFC Vegas 72: Yadong Song vs. Ricky Simon, April 29

Yadong DEC @6,50
Vieira DEC @6,50
Borralho DEC @4,00
All of these interest me a bit. Their odds straight not so much.

Yadong Song (136) vs. Ricky Simon (136)
Caio Borralho (185.5) vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk (185.5)
Cody Brundage (185.5) vs. Rodolfo Vieira (186)
Waldo Cortes-Acosta (258) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (262.5)
Julian Erosa (145.5) vs. Fernando Padilla (145.5)
Josh Quinlan (169) vs. Trey Waters (171)
Martin Buday (265) vs. Jake Collier (265.5)
Cody Durden (126) vs. Charles Johnson (125.5)
Irina Alekseeva (140*) vs. Stephanie Egger (135)
Journey Newson (138.5) vs. Marcus McGhee (140)
Hailey Cowan (137.5*) vs. Jamey-Lyn Horth (135.5)

*Missed weight

Newson ,Buday, Acosta , and Simon parlay around 2k+

Newson is a better boxer than Kelleher , and has a bjj blackbelt with solid sub defense. Can't see Kellerher just grounding him for long enough time; and then getting pieced on the feet.

Buday should beat Jake, cleaner hands, defeated Chris Barnett far easier than Jake(who lost), weird to see him a favorite. Acosta is questionable because of his horrible leg kick defense, but Marcos is low volume, while the takedowns and grappling can be a problem, don't see him subbing Acosta who has decent awareness for a td .

Simon should coast on the ground and his hands are decent enough to survive getting koed.

Have to be honest, I kinda hate Buday in this fight.

He's so slow and throws with such mediocre volume, it's kinda shocking that an overweight middleweight like Collier has any physical advantages at all - but he does. He's about the same height, has a reach advantage, and is capable of a significantly faster/higher volume output.

I'd be surprised if Buday wins this fight. He doesn't have the power he needs to stop Collier, and no other metrics imply a win.

Skip to 00:30 of the video and watch Brundage's arms shake. It doesn't look like he's shaking because he's nervous, but I'd be a little concerned if I had money on him (I don't have money on him, and I don't think any of you do either). Also, does Brundage always wear that black sleeve on his left arm when he weighs in? The sleeve seems weird, but it might be a ritual that several fighters do, like always needing to wear your cowboy hat, or bringing a slingshot to the weigh-in.

Have to be honest, I kinda hate Buday in this fight.

He's so slow and throws with such mediocre volume, it's kinda shocking that an overweight middleweight like Collier has any physical advantages at all - but he does. He's about the same height, has a reach advantage, and is capable of a significantly faster/higher volume output.

I'd be surprised if Buday wins this fight. He doesn't have the power he needs to stop Collier, and no other metrics imply a win.

i beg to differ, JC has several tko losses . All of them involved being grounded and being punched while curling into the fetal position and having the ref step in. Buday in the regionals has done this several times(gnp guys to tko.)And Jake fell victim to smaller stature fighter in Barnett. That is the difference between them. One is slightly younger and more hungry, hasn’t been stopped and the other just comes in to collect a check.

Last edited:
Most surprised by the Durden/Johnson line. Would have thought Johnson would be a wider favorite.

This. I'm on Johnson. I think he'd need to have a bad showing with Durden having a solid showing for Durden to come out on top. I think he'll make Durden very uncomfortable standing and Durden won't have much luck wrestling.

Most surprised by the Durden/Johnson line. Would have thought Johnson would be a wider favorite.

This. I'm on Johnson. I think he'd need to have a bad showing with Durden having a solid showing for Durden to come out on top. I think he'll make Durden very uncomfortable standing and Durden won't have much luck wrestling.

You guys thinking KO or dec? I think Johnson really needs to be inactive and fight dumb to lose. Durden gonna spam takedowns (most likely wont get them) and throw a lot but the counters will be there for Johnson.

You guys thinking KO or dec? I think Johnson really needs to be inactive and fight dumb to lose. Durden gonna spam takedowns (most likely wont get them) and throw a lot but the counters will be there for Johnson.

Could go either way in my opinion. Personally, I wouldn't chase a prop and just play him straight.

-3.5 is paying +180...

I think KO is less likely though. Durden is durable.

i beg to differ, JC has several tko losses . All of them involved being grounded and being punched while curling into the fetal position and having the ref step in. Buday in the regionals has done this several times. And Jake fell victim to smaller stature fighter in Barnett. That is the difference between them. One is slightly younger and more hungry, hasn’t been stopped and the other just comes in to collect a check.

I'm with you on most points and don't rate Collier, but would disagree with you about Buddy being more hungry - Collier is a middleweight whose appetite has got him weighing 80lbs over that weight class <45>

I'm with you on most points and don't rate Collier, but would disagree with you about Buddy being more hungry - Collier is a middleweight whose appetite has got him weighing 80lbs over that weight class <45>
that’s actually a fair point. Buday looks like a guy who use to be obese and cut weight and now has some left over body fat, but, he still conditioned and more naturally a heavyweight. Jake ballooned himself by gorging on food. Buday only looked bad in his last fight because he fought a fighter on short notice he did not expect. i think fighting tall guy who throws lots of kicks from range is a fight you usually have to prep in sparring.

No lean on the main event, will tweet more if people like this, no bias

#UFCVegas72

Simon submission +425, 19%
Simon dec +175, 36.4%
Ricky Simon 55.4% = -124

Yadong KO +155, 39.2%
Yadong dec +550, 15.4%
Song Yadong 54.6% = -120

Equals 110%, removing 5% from both sides
50.4% vs 49.6%

0 vig odds Ricky -102 vs Song +102

Edit:
Ricky Simon says he's going to target Song Yadong's orbital bone with elbows when they fight

Song fractured his orbital against Cory Sandhagen 32 weeks ago in September 2022

Last edited:
Back