News UFC strips DC of LHW belt

What happened to the first punch rule?

No gravity in the UFC world. I dont know what's going to happen when I jump.

DC is fighting before Jones Gus. What's the sense of not promoting/introducing him as a double champ.

Theres smoking crack and then theres huffing glue. I'd be searching the office for spent paper bags if I was running the joint

Dude Conor get stripped of his 145 LB title like a month after winning the 155 LB title.

Conor got stripped 13 Months after he won the 145 pound title. Only because he REFUSED to fight Aldo at 145 pounds or ANYBODY at 155 pounds. Needed time off to have a baby then onto getting his azz spanked by Mayweather. Smart move of course he made millions. Just keeping it real brah.

Damn he must be bummed out
His whole media tour this week was predicated on being the first double champ to succusfully defend one of his titles as champ in two divisions

I don't understand why they couldn't have stripped him Monday it's kind of weak on the ufcs side

I'm guessing it is because of the stupid conference they are having on thursday, UFC is too amateur to actually plan their events in a way that makes sense.

DC shouldnt get stripped unless he defends the HW belt back to back, a dual weight champ should be able to defend one weight class, then his next fight defend the other. I really hate how the UFC picks and chose who they want as champion. Was hoping the new owners would be different.

the ufc doesn't always need a damn belt for every event, it's amazing how fast they devalued their own belts.

The ufc shouldn’t have done that, that was the wrong thing to do.

He wasn't coming back to 205 anyway. It's all good for him tho as long as he wins Saturday. Fighter of the year would probably be on lock. 3-0, defending the 205 belt, then winning & defending the 265 belt.

Love DC, but I’m ok with it. He shouldn’t go back to 205.

UFC wants to legitimately start ads for the vacant LHW title. Hoping to get more PPV's. You can't sell as many PPV's saying if they both show, then it will be for the title otherwise DC is still the champ. Of course McGregor got special privileges almost right up until the day Khabib fought for the championship(he remained champ). Simple math...

It was inevitable, no biggie.
Rightfully so
Could have fought Jones at 232 to keep it but is opting for this lay-up at UFC 230 instead.
Piece of cake to fight at 250 and then make 205 and then back to 250.

It was inevitable, no biggie.

Piece of cake to fight at 250 and then make 205 and then back to 250.
For Jones I think he'd pull the weight cut off. Would not be a good idea in respect to performance though.

Was never his in the first place... No news.

Back