UFC Signs Huge New PPV Deal

This is essentially a gesture the cable companies are making to the UFC since they both realize that the medium is dying, and cable companies have bigger fish to fry dealing with cordcutters rather than saving a concept like PPV which only works for two sports (UFC and boxing) and creates a marginal amount of revenue. Better to benefit from 30% than nothing at all.

This. It’s basically cable companies begging to keep their cut over services like DAZN.

LoL...
What century you living in bro
You can get it on your damn phone and wirelessly cast it to a TV. There are a million ways to access this shit
Or you can just order it on PPV and cut out all the unnecessary extra steps
Bro

nice

10k/10k will now become 11k/11k. Thanks Dana

Bro
I thought the ability to access the internet, or at least the main streaming services, on one's TV was pretty obsequious. At least as easy as cable PPV.
Get with the damn program, world

Are they still gonna do 12/13 PPV's per year? its way too much, they need to cut it down to about 6 max. UFC doesn't have the stars to do so many PPV's, and its too expensive, $60 is way too expensive, if they were only doing a few then its not a lot of money, BUT when they are doing about 13 PPV's a year its a lot of money, it really adds up over time.

Agreed, the cards barely ever get any decent promotion anymore. If they spaced out events and stacked them, I think they could routinely see cards over 600k

Listening to Dave Meltzers podcast from this morning and he said UFC just got a new deal with the PPV companies
The standard deal is a 50-50 split between the promotion and the cable company but the UFC now gets a 70-30 split which means about an extra 50 million bucks a year for the UFC
They were able to get the deal because they are the only ones still selling major PPV numbers now that the WWE is out of the PPV business for good

Good stuff
I haven't heard yet

That explains why they are still doing 12 PPV a year

75-80% still do
Why would you buy a PPV through an Internet service when its much more reliable through your cable company and pause at your discretion? I would never order through a service when I have cable....

Only 50million?

"Major" Deal lol

Better get out of the PPV business to be honest.
that number sounded surprisingly low for me too considering they are worth 4.2 billion...

Why would you buy a PPV through an Internet service when its much more reliable through your cable company and pause at your discretion? I would never order through a service when I have cable....

People that are computer savvy have no idea of how many aren't.

Bro
Most TV's have all those apps built in these days and its just as easy if not easier than ordering from a cable company. If not the TV most people own a gaming console which has the apps built in.

People that are computer savvy have no idea of how many aren't.

I would say majority of 35+ people have no faith in a internet streamed show being delivered without issue.

And most of the fans under 20 are likely not paying.

$65 PPV you POS...

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Can we just get a premium UFC channel....

Back