UFC Signs Huge New PPV Deal

Pliny Pete

Puts Butts In Seats
@plutonium
Reaction score
Listening to Dave Meltzers podcast from this morning and he said UFC just got a new deal with the PPV companies
The standard deal is a 50-50 split between the promotion and the cable company but the UFC now gets a 70-30 split which means about an extra 50 million bucks a year for the UFC
They were able to get the deal because they are the only ones still selling major PPV numbers now that the WWE is out of the PPV business for good

Last edited:
PPV is dying, Fertittas got out at the perfect time.

HUGE DEAL SO BIG
its-so-fucking-big-18560503.png

Last edited:
Ugh, more years of this retarded shit.

I thought the PPV split wasn't real though. <Lmaoo>

WME shills will need to update their spreadsheets

There will always be some negative bums spreading their perception how UFC is dying.

Only 50million?

"Major" Deal lol

Better get out of the PPV business to be honest.

And they will still cut great fighters to make peanuts cost savings anyway

Are they still gonna do 12/13 PPV's per year? its way too much, they need to cut it down to about 6 max. UFC doesn't have the stars to do so many PPV's, and its too expensive, $60 is way too expensive, if they were only doing a few then its not a lot of money, BUT when they are doing about 13 PPV's a year its a lot of money, it really adds up over time.

Any word on the duration of the deal? With the ESPN deal running through 2023, maybe 2024 is the next opportunity for them to make a massive change in distribution methods.

I thought the PPV split wasn't real though. <Lmaoo>

WME shills will need to update their spreadsheets

The UFC forum idiots were arguing me about how much Conor/Mayweather made based on a 50/50 PPV split with the distributors. I explained to them that there's NO WAY the Mayweather group is giving a 50% cut to distributors.

They said NO ONE would ever get a 70/30 split ... but now the UFC has it. Mayweather got a 70/30 split for his fight against McGregor, and the UFC saw this and re-negotiated their deal.

Can I please just pay like $300 per year and have access to all fucking UFC content? How hard is this?

This is essentially a gesture the cable companies are making to the UFC since they both realize that the medium is dying, and cable companies have bigger fish to fry dealing with cordcutters rather than keeping 20% more from a concept like PPV which only works for two sports (UFC and boxing) and creates a marginal amount of revenue. Better to benefit from 30% than nothing at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna say, how do the PPV companies continue to get such a large % of the buys? I mean they offer the distribution of it, and the UFC can't go without that (even with rising popularity of online buys, it's not enough), but it seems like it would not cost the cable/PPV companies much to distribute it, so they are pulling in almost all profits. Admittedly I do not know anything about this topic though.

Who even gets PPV from the cable companys? Why, when YouTube, Amazon and the UFC website all sell it directly?

Listening to Dave Meltzers podcast from this morning and he said UFC just got a new deal with the PPV companies
The standard deal is a 50-50 split between the promotion and the cable company but the UFC now gets a 70-30 split which means about an extra 50 million bucks a year for the UFC
They were able to get the deal because they are the only ones still selling major PPV numbers now that the WWE is out of the PPV business for good
Also because HBO is gone and DAZN just took away the major boxing PPV market (which to be fair was like 2-3 fights a year and came down to Floyd and Canelo really)

Back