UFC Signs Huge New PPV Deal

More money for WME.

No raise for the fighters.

Screen_shot_2012-01-29_at_5.34.33_PM.png

Last edited:
Better to get 70% of 200K PPV buys or 50% of 500K buys?

#betterufccards

Only 50million?

"Major" Deal lol

Better get out of the PPV business to be honest.

Considering this is a stream of profit and not a one time payment, this new deal added 200M-500M to the value of the company. You are a moron if you don't think this is a big deal for WME

Most TV's have all those apps built in these days and its just as easy if not easier than ordering from a cable company. If not the TV most people own a gaming console which has the apps built in.
Sure they do but theres no reason for people that have been ordering PPV through their cable companies for decades to suddenly switch to using these newfangled devices
I been ordering PPVs for 30 years and I never had a problem so why would I want to switch now?

Considering this is a stream of profit and not a one time payment, this new deal added 200M-500M to the value of the company. You are a moron if you don't think this is a big deal for WME

$50m profit beat out WWE's yearly total for 2017

All I need to know is if they will still be free?

God damn it... Maybe if the PPV's were still 39.99 like they used to be years back. 64.99 is ridiculous, add more fights to the main card damn it!

Agreed, the cards barely ever get any decent promotion anymore. If they spaced out events and stacked them, I think they could routinely see cards over 600k
Yeah very true the promotion is really bad these days, most people don't have a clue the events are happening, we think its everywhere because we are sherdoggers, but most people don't know about it, its nowhere to be seen.

I really wish they did like 6 super stacked PPV's, that would be ideal I think. I remember back in the day they only did 6 PPV's a year, once every 2 months and it was so much better.

Can I please just pay like $300 per year and have access to all fucking UFC content? How hard is this?

That’s still allot of money. It should be more lile 10 bucks a month.

Anyhow, I won’t be dealing with this shit in 2019 since an open network (which means free) overhere bought the UFC rights and FOX looses it.

Yeah very true the promotion is really bad these days, most people don't have a clue the events are happening, we think its everywhere because we are sherdoggers, but most people don't know about it, its nowhere to be seen.

I really wish they did like 6 super stacked PPV's, that would be ideal I think. I remember back in the day they only did 6 PPV's a year, once every 2 months and it was so much better.

Yep agreed, was something to actually look foward...I have a hard time keeping up with who's fighting on upcoing cards now, seems they just throw anyone in there. Was a lot easier on the wallet too.

That’s still allot of money. It should be more lile 10 bucks a month.

Anyhow, I won’t be dealing with this shit in 2019 since an open network (which means free) overhere bought the UFC rights and FOX looses it.
I just spent $150 for a year of DAZN just so I could watch Bellator.

People that dont wanna watch on their computers?

So idiots then, who cant figure out how to get it on their tv screen?

I tried ppv once but quit once I realized you can't pause or rewind.

So idiots then, who cant figure out how to get it on their tv screen?

I tried ppv once but quit once I realized you can't pause or rewind.
I can pause and rewind on my tv, maybe youre the idiot if you couldnt figure it out

Ppv's will now cost $95 and have at least 3 wmma matches per event.

Sure they do but theres no reason for people that have been ordering PPV through their cable companies for decades to suddenly switch to using these newfangled devices
I been ordering PPVs for 30 years and I never had a problem so why would I want to switch now?
A lot of people don't have cable or cut cable television. So they're ordering from the other avenues that are just as good if not better than cable. There's no monthly entry fee with these other ways to purchase the PPV.

Who even gets PPV from the cable companys? Why, when YouTube, Amazon and the UFC website all sell it directly?

When I still had cable I always ordered it through there. You actually got to record and keep it instead of the single use madness on Fight Pass.

Back