UFC should cut Khabib loose

Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For a few reasons;

1) very inactive, both due to injuries and failed weight cuts

2) apparently ducking Ferguson over and over again, yes he is campaigning for a shot at Conor because he wants a money fight, but come on the guy has fought 3 times in the last 3 years

3) not a needle mover, this isn't a sleight but is a fact. To us hardcore fans, he is a draw but to the casual UFC fan, he is some undefeated guy from some part of "Russia", ignorant but true

I'm usually a proponent of fighters getting the best possible pay for their fights but that is for the guys that actually fight, and fight anyone. Those are the kind of guys that earn everyone's respect.

Khabib would get a reality check outside of the UFC. Coker cut Askren loose without hesitation. While Bellator would snap Khabib up (although he has never had a UFC title), even with sponsorship money, I would expect he would be getting less than the UFC (especially given in a title fight, he could negotiate for PPV points).

Funny how in some ways, he seems like Fedor back in the day. Fedor had all kinds of ridiculous requirements for the UFC, who in all fairness offered him huge money. Khabib could be a star in the UFC if he actually made weight, fought everyone and keeps winning.

I say let him go... He will come back humble and ready to rumble.

What does cutting him do? He'll fight when he fights

For a few reasons;

1) very inactive, both due to injuries and failed weight cuts

2) apparently ducking Ferguson over and over again, yes he is campaigning for a shot at Conor because he wants a money fight, but come on the guy has fought 3 times in the last 3 years

3) not a needle mover, this isn't a sleight but is a fact. To us hardcore fans, he is a draw but to the casual UFC fan, he is some undefeated guy from some part of "Russia", ignorant but true

I'm usually a proponent of fighters getting the best possible pay for their fights but that is for the guys that actually fight, and fight anyone. Those are the kind of guys that earn everyone's respect.

Khabib would get a reality check outside of the UFC. Coker cut Askren loose without hesitation. While Bellator would snap Khabib up (although he has never had a UFC title), even with sponsorship money, I would expect he would be getting less than the UFC (especially given in a title fight, he could negotiate for PPV points).

Funny how in some ways, he seems like Fedor back in the day. Fedor had all kinds of ridiculous requirements for the UFC, who in all fairness offered him huge money. Khabib could be a star in the UFC if he actually made weight, fought everyone and keeps winning.

I say let him go... He will come back humble and ready to rumble.

I agree with all your criticisms of his track record and behaviour. But I don't see what cutting him gets us except for less dashed hopes.

Part of being an MMA fan is dashed hopes. I have accepted this. I have not accepted to not see this guy fight quite yet tho.

Khabib has been hard to be a fan of that's for sure. Cut him loose? No. He's legit the best or #2 guy in the division (when he fights). Getting sick of waiting though.

Reality check? The only checks Khabib would get outside the UFC are from ACB or Akhmat for many times what he's getting paid right now. He knows it too, which is why he's mentioned it more than a few times. They'd let him fight at whatever weight he wanted, and pay him bank. He's probably the best Chechen/Dagestani fighter out there, and that's exactly what those promotions are looking for.

Why cut him, he's still top 3 at LW, why not just keep him around till he fights.

Whats up with him, is he injured?

Khabib is always injured homie. Here he is in his natural state.

3fbcc06d04e50ee35a13e805855082f1f10b386e40add6324d17af1325ab95a5_large

No one was calling for Cain Velasquez or Dominick Cruz to be cut. I wonder what the difference is?

Despite "always being injured", he still manages to ragdoll his competition.

Khabib haters are just making a stronger case for him for when he returns.

Nurmagomedov is the best LW of all time.

No one will ever cut him.

So they can give another ranked fighter to Bellator?

No one was calling for Cain Velasquez or Dominick Cruz to be cut. I wonder what the difference is?
When healthy these two don't put picks on social media eating desert and they also show up and get on the scale.

Reality check? The only checks Khabib would get outside the UFC are from ACB or Akhmat for many times what he's getting paid right now.

Do you think Khabib fights for money? He doesn't. That dude wouldn't need to work or fight a day in his life, he has more than enough cash.

That's also one reason why he fights so rarely, because he doesn't need the money. He fights for the competition.

No need to cut him, he costs them no money when he's not fighting.
He only hurts himself, literally and figuratively, with his inactivity.
Punishment for this guy is not cutting him loose.

Khabib is the UFC only chance to getting a card in Russia.

And if they cut him, Bellator would sign him right away and make a super fight card in Russia with him and Fedor.

Back