UFC should cut Khabib loose

I love watching the guy fight but he's done himself no favours as of recently

Cutting him could also potentially make people start arguing that bellator has a better LW division than the UFC and even if that's not true, the UFC will not even let that notion get out there

For a few reasons;

1) very inactive, both due to injuries and failed weight cuts

2) apparently ducking Ferguson over and over again, yes he is campaigning for a shot at Conor because he wants a money fight, but come on the guy has fought 3 times in the last 3 years

3) not a needle mover, this isn't a sleight but is a fact. To us hardcore fans, he is a draw but to the casual UFC fan, he is some undefeated guy from some part of "Russia", ignorant but true

I'm usually a proponent of fighters getting the best possible pay for their fights but that is for the guys that actually fight, and fight anyone. Those are the kind of guys that earn everyone's respect.

Khabib would get a reality check outside of the UFC. Coker cut Askren loose without hesitation. While Bellator would snap Khabib up (although he has never had a UFC title), even with sponsorship money, I would expect he would be getting less than the UFC (especially given in a title fight, he could negotiate for PPV points).

Funny how in some ways, he seems like Fedor back in the day. Fedor had all kinds of ridiculous requirements for the UFC, who in all fairness offered him huge money. Khabib could be a star in the UFC if he actually made weight, fought everyone and keeps winning.

I say let him go... He will come back humble and ready to rumble.
Khabib says he doesn't care about money I think he needs a new manager

Do you think Khabib fights for money? He doesn't. That dude wouldn't need to work or fight a day in his life, he has more than enough cash.

That's also one reason why he fights so rarely, because he doesn't need the money. He fights for the competition.
I notice all Russians only fight to see how good their wrestling and sambo is

Khabib is the UFC only chance to getting a card in Russia.

And if they cut him, Bellator would sign him right away and make a super fight card in Russia with him and Fedor.
This year or in 2016 Khabib said that probably he is not gonna fight in Russia. Reason - card in Russia probably will be some fight night card and Khabib said that he plans to fight only in main card of PPV events.

Whats up with him, is he injured?
Underwent surgery in July. Before that if I'm not mistaken he was saying that he underwent some medical procedures and wanted to fight in November.

That would be a shame. I want to see him eventually fight Ferguson and other top ranked fighters of the UFC. Cutting him would lead to a "what if" scenario.

His issues aside, as an MMA fan I want to see the best go at it. Khabib is undefeated and top ranked.

No one was calling for Cain Velasquez or Dominick Cruz to be cut. I wonder what the difference is?
Tons of people called for Cain and Cruz to be stripped of their belts. Cruz *was* stripped.

Khabib isn't even just injured, though. He's actively refusing to fight. He doesn't want to fight? Fine, but let's not hold up the division even more.

Do you think Khabib fights for money? He doesn't. That dude wouldn't need to work or fight a day in his life, he has more than enough cash.

That's also one reason why he fights so rarely, because he doesn't need the money. He fights for the competition.

Competition, huh?
Here is some "competition" he's been avoiding:

20151209065836_1588417.JPG

Is he independently wealthy?

Dude doesn't want to fight cut his ass. He won't be missed

The dude is stud. He'll be fine long term. Shit happens and you gotta work through it.

No Coker did not cut Askren. Bjorn/Spike did and it had a lot to do with money not his style regardless of what was said.

Is he independently wealthy?

Yes, he is. He even offered one of his opponents his purse (can't remember which one it was). As far as I know, he is a very big deal in Russia and his father is wealthy and has mafia-connections/money.

I'm not even a fan of his, to all the people that are attacking me just for saying the truth. Khabib doesn't fight for money.

Cut the undefeated #1 ranked LW so he can become the Bellator champion because he doesn't want to fight any time soon.

Great plan TS!

giphy-1.gif

Yes, he is. He even offered one of his opponents his purse (can't remember which one it was). As far as I know, he is a very big deal in Russia and his father is wealthy and has mafia-connections/money.

I'm not even a fan of his, to all the people that are attacking me just for saying the truth. Khabib doesn't fight for money.
Well, shit, that's cool for him (I was being serious when I asked, not trying to be douchey, for the record).

Cut the current best LW ?

If he comes back he comes back,mainly the Conor fanboys wants Khabib out of the game.
Dont be scared homies,he will smash your boy

2) apparently ducking Ferguson over and over again, yes he is campaigning for a shot at Conor because he wants a money fight, but come on the guy has fought 3 times in the last 3 years
If by ducking you mean he told Ferguson to sign the contract a few weeks ago and Ferguson said no.

Reality check? The only checks Khabib would get outside the UFC are from ACB or Akhmat for many times what he's getting paid right now. He knows it too, which is why he's mentioned it more than a few times. They'd let him fight at whatever weight he wanted, and pay him bank. He's probably the best Chechen/Dagestani fighter out there, and that's exactly what those promotions are looking for.

If he would get checks "for many times what he's getting paid right now", then why doesn't just go do that?

Back