UFC Paris: Ciryl Gane vs Serghei Spivac, September 2, France

UFC Paris Main Event Prediction

Cyril Gane (11-2) VS Sergei Spivak (16-3)

The UFC is set to return to Paris, one year after its debut in the capital of France.

Cyril Gane reclaims the main event spotlight following his unforgettable clash with Tai Tuvaisa.

Interestingly, these two fighters have shared a pair of opponents in the past: Derrick Lewis and Tai Tuvaisa.

While both emerged victorious via finishes, it's worth noting that Spivak exhibited more impressive performances and secured the faster finishes.

Gane boasts elite kickboxing skills, but his prowess against grapplers remains relatively untested.

I don't believe Gane will have the power to finish Spivak which makes me believe Spivak will find a way to eventually close distance to take this to the mat and find a finish.

Pick: Sergei Spivak ML (+145)

I don't believe Gane will have the power to finish Spivak which makes me believe Spivak will find a way to eventually close distance to take this to the mat and find a finish.

This is the worst take I have read this week.

Of course he has the power to KO Spivak, he can KO anybody, do you actually mean "I think Spivak has an iron chin and cannot be KO'd by anybody" ?

Am I the only one who thinks Gane is too strong, athletic and fast for Spivak? Spivak is decent but he has no Jones fight IQ. Thinking Gane makes this look easy.
Whichever guy wins probably makes it look easy, I'm a firm believer the UFC made this matchup for a reason though - Gane gets to bounce back in front of his home crowd.

Am I the only one who thinks Gane is too strong, athletic and fast for Spivak? Spivak is decent but he has no Jones fight IQ. Thinking Gane makes this look easy.

He's way faster, that's for sure. I said this a few pages ago and @Thesnake101 just said it too: whoever wins will look -300 or more. Obviously Jones is a GOAT but Gane straight up looked like he wanted a way out as soon as Jones got ahold of him. This is Jones that had struggled with Reyes and a hobbled Santos when we'd last seen him.

Gane seemingly quitting like that leaves a bad taste to me. He may well go out and look twice the athlete Spivak is and make it look easy. But him being outgrappled so badly 2 fights in a row and now fighting a guy who's made himself into a grappler and only wants that kind of fight...there's an obvious PTV for Spivak that **maybe** Gane doesn't have an answer for.

Last edited:
I don't know what Jones' fight IQ (in relation to this fight's comparison) has to do with anything. He did zero striking other than a horrible swing or two, then grabbed him and finished him. That's exactly what Spivak wants to do.

If Gane hasn't learned to improve TD defence then he'll be in for a rough night. However, I refuse to believe that Gane would not have improved his weaknesses given he is a seemingly intelligent and introspective guy.

Gane is gonna kick the fucking shit out of this guy

Does anyone know when Kleydson went to Chuteboxe? Before the Ross fight?

I know odds are crazy, but he’s very kick heavy and I can’t help but think Farid will catch those kicks and grind him out over 3. Farid KO/DEC O2.5 is sitting at 2.00, which is better than the odds for decision. While he’s certainly a good grappler, neither him nor his brother are likely to sub anyone good.

Does anyone know when Kleydson went to Chuteboxe? Before the Ross fight?

I know odds are crazy, but he’s very kick heavy and I can’t help but think Farid will catch those kicks and grind him out over 3. Farid KO/DEC O2.5 is sitting at 2.00, which is better than the odds for decision. While he’s certainly a good grappler, neither him nor his brother are likely to sub anyone good.

Betting Farid ko/Dec at 2.0 which I believe is even money why not just bet Farid dec-110 and then bet Farid TKO+900 according to best fight odds. Yes you might lose .10 points on the Dec line but if he wins by TKO you gain a lot

Cyril Gane (11-2) VS Sergei Spivak (16-3)

The UFC is set to return to Paris, one year after its debut in the capital of France.

Cyril Gane reclaims the main event spotlight following his unforgettable clash with Tai Tuvaisa.

Interestingly, these two fighters have shared a pair of opponents in the past: Derrick Lewis and Tai Tuvaisa.

While both emerged victorious via finishes, it's worth noting that Spivak exhibited more impressive performances and secured the faster finishes.

Gane boasts elite kickboxing skills, but his prowess against grapplers remains relatively untested.

This post looks like it was written by an AI.

The size difference between Loosa and Mckee looked comical. Not touching that fight.
Saint-Denis also waaay bigger than Moises. I got money on Moises already, hoping for a leglock now lol

The size difference between Loosa and Mckee looked comical. Not touching that fight.
Saint-Denis also waaay bigger than Moises. I got money on Moises already, hoping for a leglock now lol

Would be really surprised if either guy subbed the other haha. Both high level grapplers. Maybe club n sub on a hurt opponent but otherwise seems unlikely.

Would be really surprised if either guy subbed the other haha. Both high level grapplers. Maybe club n sub on a hurt opponent but otherwise seems unlikely.
Moises is the best grappler St.Denis has faced, right? Could definitely see a sub coming from him. I agree though, if Benoit wins it's either going to be a decision or he'll catch him cold not unlike Alvarez did.

Bet Rose, Kleydson and McKee as dogs. Confident two of three will come off, hopefully bag all three.

I dont know why Rhys is the underdog here.... Are people still holding onto what Khamzat did to him specially when he did Holland and Jingliang just as bad if not worse? Loosas grappling is okay but I feel like the sub attempt against Jack Della is juicing his chances there.

My biggest plays will be

Rhys ML +150
Rhys points +380
Rhys KO/TKO rounds 2/3 +1100

Think this is the perfect spot for a UFC returnee to pick up a feel good win returning. I dont see Rhys going far after but I like this fight for him.

Back