UFC Orlando Main Event: Jeremy Stephens vs Josh Emmett Official (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Whoa, super quick turnaround for Stephens, and against a top 5 ranked guy no less.

I just can't jump on the Emmett bandwagon. Almost no one here knew who the guy was until the Lamas KO. Hadn't fought or beat anyone of note prior to that.

Wow.

Brass balls from Jeremy. Good fight on paper.

Emmett headlining a FOX card heh. Ok then.

Good fight nonetheless. But Emmett missed weight last time. His KO of Lamas was legit but he doesnt belong in the headlining fight of a FOX card yet.

Its going to be crazy seeing Stephens/Emmett winner fight the Ortega vs Edgar/Holloway winner.

Yeah ppl were clowning me in a thread I made about the 145 division, because I had Stephens beating Choi & fighting in a #1 contender fight. Now I think if Stephens wins this he may have to fight again in the summer because Max/Ortega would likely go down no earlier than July, leaving Stephens strong out until Nov/Dec or longer.

Still crazy to see Stephens this close to a title shot, rooting for him vs Emmett

emmett looked really good against lamas, even before the finish.

so if he comes in like that again, this'll be a good fight.

So what's the FOX main card going to be for this?
Most likely:

Jeremy Stephens vs. Josh Emmett
Ovince St. Preux vs. Ilir Latifi
Jessica Andrade vs. Tecia Torres
Mike Perry vs. Max Griffin

Yoel vs. Branch was supposed to be on the card but Yoel was pulled for the title fight. Maybe Branch gets another ranked MW and that makes the Main Card though. Anders says if he beats Machida he's down to make the quick turnaround and fight Branch. Says his weight cut is a non-issue.

Kind of a weird Main Event for a FOX card. Kinda shows that everything else they went for fell through considering Stephens literally just fought.

Yeah, Romero was supposed to fight Branch on this card before Whittaker got injured.

And it looks like they re-booked OSP vs Latifi for this card.

Emmett headlining a FOX card heh. Ok then.

Good fight nonetheless. But Emmett missed weight last time. His KO of Lamas was legit but he doesnt belong in the headlining fight of a FOX card yet.
Given the event is in a month, the UFC must have been struggling to put a Main Event together. They probably weren't worried about it given they had Yoel/Branch as a backup plan but then they were forced to pull Yoel and had to pull a Main Event out of their asses.

Most likely:

Jeremy Stephens vs. Josh Emmett
Ovince St. Preux vs. Ilir Latifi
Jessica Andrade vs. Tecia Torres
Mike Perry vs. Max Griffin

Yoel vs. Branch was supposed to be on the card but Yoel was pulled for the title fight. Maybe Branch gets another ranked MW and that makes the Main Card though. Anders says if he beats Machida he's down to make the quick turnaround and fight Branch. Says his weight cut is a non-issue.
I like this card, but it should be an FS1 card. Not a Fox card.

Awesome fight. Fans win. Kind of a weird main event with neother guy having huge name recognition but whatever. The real fans know who both of these guys are.

Emmett. Dude could be a contender. Just got to make weight...
He already has made weight easily in his first fight at 145 in the UFC. Second fight at 145 was short notice.

fight is an absolute coin flip.
Heathen is like a yo-yo and Till is creepy and talks too much

Good main event for a free card. A Solid vet against a prospect knocking on the door. This whole card is lined up how the free cards should be set up. The big names should always be on PPV to make the price tag worth it.

I have Stephens getting another KO on his belt here. Tough one to call though.

Back