UFC Orlando Main Event: Jeremy Stephens vs Josh Emmett Official (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I think Emmett showed just some of his true potential in his last fight. I felt that strange undefinable "it" when I saw him debut, champ material imo.

I generally dislike TAM, but they produced a hell of a fighter in Emmett.

Ortega should fight Eliking...

That-Is-Genius-Reaction-Gif.gif

Really great idea. That would be so nice to see. I am just affraid that UFC does not want to invest in Elkins, which is bs.
I would cry tears of joy if Damage would get a title shot. Still, Ortega would be a big favorite.

Boy that's a good fight. I give Stephens a slight advantage. Emmett is willing to trade and ya know...good luck with that

I wonder why they're booking Stephens so soon though.

I hope Jeremy can get out of this inconsistent spell he's had over him for some time now and get the win. He fought smart against DHC and it paid off. Hopefully he can keep fighting like that.

Ortega still running.

That's ridiculous. Undefeated, 2nd longest Featherweight Win Streak and has finished almost everyone put in front of him barring a No Contest in his debut... Due to weed.

He's not running. He's comfortably waiting for his DESERVED title shot.

Looking forward to this fight, I think Stephens takes it.

I'm not sure how to feel about this Orlando card. There are no fights that blow you away but pretty much everyone is at least decent.

This is good to watch on TV but live, eh. I bought my ticket at the presale when Romero was still attached.

That's ridiculous. Undefeated, 2nd longest Featherweight Win Streak and has finished almost everyone put in front of him barring a No Contest in his debut... Due to weed.

He's not running. He's comfortably waiting for his DESERVED title shot.

Weed???? Ortega (8-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), who scored a first-round rear-naked-choke win over featherweight Mike De La Torre (12-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the July 26 event in San Jose, had the win overturned after he tested positive for the steroid drostanolone

He also fought very intelligently against Gilbert. A smart Jeremy could be an actual title challenger.

Kind of a weird Main Event for a FOX card. Kinda shows that everything else they went for fell through considering Stephens literally just fought.

I like the match up, don't get me wrong, but to have this as the headliner... well... that's a head-scratcher. I can't help but wonder what this means in the bigger scheme of things.

You would think that the UFC would have put on a title fight at least given the broadcasting rights negotiations still being ongoing and trying to support their asking price. Not sure if the UFC's completely abandoning ship and riding out the current deal, or this was just an unfortunate series of circumstances. Demanding more money and subsequently putting on shitty cards seems counterproductive. Die hards will almost always like any card, but it's the casual fans that boost the ratings, and they don't see fighters or cards the same way as we do.

Back