UFC on ESPN 4 Dos Anjos vs Edwards

Hernandez seemed ultra respectful and humble at weigh ins. Glad Cowboy taught him some manners.

Hernandez seemed ultra respectful and humble at weigh ins. Glad Cowboy taught him some manners.

Young kid who wanted attention. Old vet knocked him down a few pegs ha ha. That was satisfying to watch.

Bets for tonight:

RDA +100
modafferi +120
peterson +110
Alvey tko/ko +350
Arlovski dec +350
Pacquiao dec +140
allen ko/tko -150

Originally I was on RDA, Harris, Hardy, Rothwell, Vick, Trinaldo

Now I am only confident in Harris and Hardy

Ray Borg has climbed in value alot these 24 hours. Probably people betting on his opponent when they saw the size difference after the weigh ins?

Bets for tonight:

RDA +100
modafferi +120
peterson +110
Alvey tko/ko +350
Arlovski dec +350
Pacquiao dec +140
allen ko/tko -150

Why do you think Arlovski wins when he's been losing to much worse competition as of late?

Why do you think Arlovski wins when he's been losing to much worse competition as of late?
Arlo's only had 1 real decisive loss in his last 6 and that was Shamil. Every other decision he's gone to has been very close or he probably should have won. His last fight for example was a blatant robbery. Arlovski dec at that wide odds is a reasonable bet imo.

Arlo's only had 1 real decisive loss in his last 6 and that was Shamil. Every other decision he's gone to has been very close or he probably should have won. His last fight for example was a blatant robbery. Arlovski dec at that wide odds is a reasonable bet imo.
Fair enough. Yeah I was livid with that last decision honestly.

I think Ben is a significant step up (also robbed from beating Blagovy last fight and -200 odds for him is good in my opinion) but we'll find out soon!

lol u literally gonna lose all of those

Care to elaborate?

Ben looked like dog shit in his last fight. He's slow and isn't good at any particular thing. Arlovski, although old and chinny, is much better everywhere and hasn't been KO'd in a year and a half. I see arlovski using jis superior speed and movement to out strike ben and get a UD.

Ben's only chance is a ko IMO (which he could very well get). So a guy with a punchers chance is a favorite. I'm not saying Arlovski is going to win, but at +350 it's worth the risk.

i just have faith in his camp and his attitude

also A level athlete == free money

but yeah, risky bet i wouldnt put a lot on it

Not sure its anymore of a degen bet than any other fight. Under 1.5? Yes please.

My thoughts on Vick/Hooker...

Slenderman_0.jpg

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Jk...but serious question here. I see a lot of...confidence in Vick. Why? Because he can kick and Barboza handed Dan the Hangman a life changing beatdown mostly because of those? Vicks kicks (lol) aren't nearly as fast, powerful, or setup as well as Barbozas. No reason to think they'll play a big factor here imo. Speaking of damage, Vick has probably taking the more brutal punishment in his UFC tenure. Got hurt badly in some of his earlier ufc fights and most notably his most recent ones as well. IDK this seems like the definition of a pass fight to me. I want no part.

Care to elaborate?

Ben looked like dog shit in his last fight. He's slow and isn't good at any particular thing. Arlovski, although old and chinny, is much better everywhere and hasn't been KO'd in a year and a half. I see arlovski using jis superior speed and movement to out strike ben and get a UD.

Ben's only chance is a ko IMO (which he could very well get). So a guy with a punchers chance is a favorite. I'm not saying Arlovski is going to win, but at +350 it's worth the risk.

Not saying Ben looked great last fight but I think it was a very interesting decision to say the least. He came forward the entire fight, had the harder shots, etc- I disagreed with the judges but it happens I suppose.

My thoughts on Vick/Hooker...

Slenderman_0.jpg

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Jk...but serious question here. I see a lot of...confidence in Vick. Why? Because he can kick and Barboza handed Dan the Hangman a life changing beatdown mostly because of those? Vicks kicks (lol) aren't nearly as fast, powerful, or setup as well as Barbozas. No reason to think they'll play a big factor here imo. Speaking of damage, Vick has probably taking the more brutal punishment in his UFC tenure. Got hurt badly in some of his earlier ufc fights and most notably his most recent ones as well. IDK this seems like the definition of a pass fight to me. I want no part.

Vick looked horrific at weigh ins. I’m surprised the drs didn’t step in. His chin is compromised with the cut and Hooker is a good striker.

Barboza would have beaten the shit out of Vick too if MMA math is your jam box.

Some additional non Vick fight thoughts:

Greg Hardy is a little too cocky for my liking but that won’t stop his right hand. After watching Juan Adams’ last two fights, I am not impressed at all with his speed and he’s talking like Hardy’s the only one crushing cans. I can see it going either way but Hardy was a defensive end in the NFL- he literally had 350lb O-line professional football players trying to take him down.

I think the best bet on the card is it doesn’t start round 2 or -1.5 but I think we get a real feel for Hardy’s future going forward bad or good. If he can’t beat Juan Adams who is not a good fighter at all, he can’t beat anyone and he should stop fighting. My gut feeling is he wrecks Adams on his way in or just hits him with over hand.

I love Dos Anjos here. Again, it’s a career defining moment for Edwards. He’s improved but he hasn’t fought at the level RDA has fought at for a long time - a win here puts him up there in the rankings and would hopefully setup a little Masvidal action soon. I think it’s too early though and I get the feeling RDA wins somewhat convincingly throughout with a late sub or a decision.

Other guesses:
Walt Harris destruction.
Love a Pilarte sub in the prelims opener too.

Last edited:
Not saying Ben looked great last fight but I think it was a very interesting decision to say the least. He came forward the entire fight, had the harder shots, etc- I disagreed with the judges but it happens I suppose.
Not to mention he hadn’t fought in multiple years And he beats a heavyweight title contender

Vick looked horrific at weigh ins. I’m surprised the drs didn’t step in. His chin is compromised with the cut and Hooker is a good striker.

Barboza would have beaten the shit out of Vick too if MMA math is your jam box.

Some additional non Vick fight thoughts:

Greg Hardy is a little too cocky for my liking but that won’t stop his right hand. After watching Juan Adams’ last two fights, I am not impressed at all with his speed and he’s talking like Hardy’s the only one crushing cans. I can see it going either way but Hardy was a defensive end in the NFL- he literally had 350lb O-line professional football players trying to take him down.

I think the best bet on the card is it doesn’t start round 2 or -1.5 but I think we get a real feel for Hardy’s future going forward bad or good. If he can’t beat Juan Adams who is not a good fighter at all, he can’t beat anyone and he should stop fighting. My gut feeling is he wrecks Adams on his way in or just hits him with over hand.

I love Dos Anjos here. Again, it’s a career defining moment for Edwards. He’s improved but he hasn’t fought at the level RDA has fought at for a long time - a win here puts him up there in the rankings and would hopefully setup a little Masvidal action soon. I think it’s too early though and I get the feeling RDA wins somewhat convincingly throughout with a late sub or a decision.

Other guesses:
Walt Harris destruction.
Love a Pilarte sub in the prelims opener too.

According to vick he was on weight the night before weigh ins

Back