UFC is dying broskis

ntcl.png

No UFC already died...Thats why Ferittas sold

I know that this has been said over and over but it really does seem like it is losing its luster. No one can draw other than Conor and he might never fight again in the UFC. The organization was destroyed by all these rules. IV ban, USADA, and Reebok sponsor really did a number on the sport.

I don't see how bringing in USADA is going to make a casual want to turn in because "OMG, they make sure the fighters are clean, less powerful, cardio, and less entertaining? OMG NO WAY! We have to watch!!"....

said no one ever....

I.E. Vitor Belfort and Dan Henderson.

Now, before all you get all riled up at me for thinking this. I am speaking about the casuals and viewers that UFC has been able to draw in over the last 10 years. I’m talking about the people that don’t know guys like Joseph Benavidez, John Lineker or Yoel Romero.

I remember a day when Anderson “Spider” Silva and Georges St-Pierre couldn’t be beat. Besides death and taxes, these two, winning fights was the only other guarantee in life. Now Anderson can barely make an undercard and GSP has been retired for over 3 years. Back when champions used to defend their belt.

UFCPPV.jpg

Just look at the numbers of 2016, all but Conor, Ronda, and Lesnar drew horribly. The reported numbers for Pettis vs Holloway were 150,000. Who knows if that is even true, the event truly tanked. No wonder Holloway gets paid pennies because Mighty Mouse draws more than he does.
Nope

Mark Hunt says someone can die from using the sauce.

I mean it is totally irrelevant that he competed in the most juiced up organization on the planet, which by the way allowed soccer kicks to the head, skyscraper knees to the cranium AND, even an atomic butt drop by Hunt himself.
Did Hunt speak once about someone dying then?
NOPE!

Either you're in the wrong thread, or you have an obsession.

Drop USADA
Pay out Reeboks deal and let fighters get their own sponsors again
start promoting fighters and even give an incentive like a pay bonus to hype and shit talk fights in someway
Talent scouting needs to be done ASAP, better than what TUF is doing. do some HW and LHW TUFs.

they either take charge or do 200K buys for the next 10 years.

Of course they are have been for at least 10 years. The UFC is in a perpetual state of death.

Sherdog daily. We know and we don't care. Let the UFC burn to the ground.

The UFC has spent most of it's energy developing the UFC brand, which has been a great move for the most part, but they need those stars to push the PPV numbers up because the UFC brand isn't going to sell big on it's own.

The UFC, in general, sucks at creating stars and promoting their athletes to their fullest potential. They leave it almost completely up to the athlete to generate buzz and grow their names, and that's great if you're a Conor McGregor or Chael Sonnen and you know how to play the game, but for most fighters that's just not realistic. FIghters aren't marketing guys or businessmen - they're fighters. They spend every waking hour of the day trying to get better at fighting and worrying about achieving victory in their sport. Dana and the UFC are supposed to handle the business and marketing aspects, and overall they do a piss poor job and the poor PPV numbers are the result.

They need big names and why Vitor's suggestion of a "Legends Division" makes sense to attract and bring back many of those casual fans. I know hard core fans rip all over this idea but every single one of them will still be watching no matter what. That's what Scott Coker gets. He knows that guys like Kimbo(RIP), Shamrock, Royce Gracie etc aren't great fighters anymore but casuals know their name and will tune in. I remember way back when on the first TUF finale after Forrest/Bonnar fought I was so excited for Ken Shamrock to fight this Rich Franklin guy. I had know idea at the time who Franklin was but I saw how much a beast he was destroying Shamrock and I was a fan ever since. If you use the Legends division to get eyeballs to today's stars then you'll be able to get a new base of fans that will now know these guys. IMO that's what will help UFC regain and add new fans

All a bunch of fucking casuals that are Connie, Brock and Honda fans that put up those numbers.

The hardcore crowd will keep it afloat until some other trendy fighter comes along.

You are right. It has been said over and over and over...yet here it stands.

Blow smoke up Conor's ass and hyping him up backfired

I don't think it is that black and white. It will slowly lose profits and Bellator or another organization has a chance to succeed unless something radical changes with the UFC is in the coming years.
<LikeReally5>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back