UFC is dying broskis

Hez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know that this has been said over and over but it really does seem like it is losing its luster. No one can draw other than Conor and he might never fight again in the UFC. The organization was destroyed by all these rules. IV ban, USADA, and Reebok sponsor really did a number on the sport.

I don't see how bringing in USADA is going to make a casual want to turn in because "OMG, they make sure the fighters are clean, less powerful, cardio, and less entertaining? OMG NO WAY! We have to watch!!"....

said no one ever....

I.E. Vitor Belfort and Dan Henderson.

Now, before all you get all riled up at me for thinking this. I am speaking about the casuals and viewers that UFC has been able to draw in over the last 10 years. I’m talking about the people that don’t know guys like Joseph Benavidez, John Lineker or Yoel Romero.

I remember a day when Anderson “Spider” Silva and Georges St-Pierre couldn’t be beat. Besides death and taxes, these two, winning fights was the only other guarantee in life. Now Anderson can barely make an undercard and GSP has been retired for over 3 years. Back when champions used to defend their belt.

UFCPPV.jpg

Just look at the numbers of 2016, all but Conor, Ronda, and Lesnar drew horribly. The reported numbers for Pettis vs Holloway were 150,000. Who knows if that is even true, the event truly tanked. No wonder Holloway gets paid pennies because Mighty Mouse draws more than he does.

UFC doesnt make an effort to promote/market their fighters.. they only pray off the couple of fighters that promote themselves good.

UFC will have to start making more of an effort as the UFC brand isnt carrying them along anymore

Drop USADA
Pay out Reeboks deal and let fighters get their own sponsors again
start promoting fighters and even give an incentive like a pay bonus to hype and shit talk fights in someway
Talent scouting needs to be done ASAP, better than what TUF is doing. do some HW and LHW TUFs.

they either take charge or do 200K buys for the next 10 years.

Last edited:
When will the UFC die. What is your future projection for this

Lorenzo held the UFC together. I honestly believe Bellator is going to surpass UFC. Not this year but in a few. UFC fucks up too much.

It's going the route of WWE.

Basically their goal is saturate the market so they become synonymous with MMA. It's a very long term goal to build the sport into many countries, while making the brand the product.

Without knowing what their costs are, and margin of profit, it's hard for me to say if they are making money or not. Simply looking at one aspect (PPV buyrates) is well, simple. It fails to look at the bigger picture, and I'm afraid I don't know of anyone with the exact numbers on their revenue.

When will the UFC die. What is your future projection for this
I don't think it is that black and white. It will slowly lose profits and Bellator or another organization has a chance to succeed unless something radical changes with the UFC is in the coming years.

It's going the route of WWE.

Basically their goal is saturate the market so they become synonymous with MMA. It's a very long term goal to build the sport into many countries, while making the brand the product.

Without knowing what their costs are, and margin of profit, it's hard for me to say if they are making money or not. Simply looking at one aspect (PPV buyrates) is well, simple. It fails to look at the bigger picture, and I'm afraid I don't know of anyone with the exact numbers on their revenue.
Just like WWF after the attitude area in the early 2000's. Fertittas and co were extremely smart to sell.

The worst performing PPV on that list was one of the better PPVs of the year in terms of fight quality.

I don't know about the UFC dying per say, but its obvious a lot of fans are losing interest, and casuals don't give a damn unless superstars fight. Hell, look at ufc 211 (had 2 title fights and was stacked as hell and it did ONLY 300k BUYS). Thats pathetic, and overall the ppv average this year is like 250k.

My interest is continuing to drop in the UFC (I've watched maybe half the cards this year, which is rare for me since I use to catch every single card), also when I go out to the bar for cards its mostly empty, back a few years ago the bars were stacked for almost all of the ppvs. Its clear interest is waning.

WME is hurting interest even more:

-horrible main events this year
-extremely weak cards
-WME sucks ass at promoting
-most well known fighters are retired
-clear favorism
-money fights
-joke matchups

It appears WME/IMG just wanted the UFC, like ownership of it was so important they didn't plan. And now failing to plan is planning to fail. If anyone can turn it around they can, they do quarterly top ups from China in the order of 800 million plus. That kind of cash can easily drum up some advertising. I hope the plan now is to let all the expense cutting sink in then invest 1 billion into making the UFC and it's fighters household names.

I don't think it is that black and white. It will slowly lose profits and Bellator or another organization has a chance to succeed unless something radical changes with the UFC is in the coming years.
{<jordan}

Nunes is headlining UFC 213. She will draw another million PPV just take a look at 200 and 207

And I will watch until the very last event.

Jump ship now if you feel inclined to do so.

Nunes is headlining UFC 213. She will draw another million PPV just take a look at 200 and 207

That card should hit over 450k buys easily but I won't be shocked if it doesnt as like most have said, casuals don't give a fuck unless its a huge star.

Jones Cormier 2 will really be the bench mark

For what a premium ppv buy number will look like going forward....

It's the biggest fight in terms of bad blood hype as well as they really are the best guys in the sport with only 1 real loss between them.

That should catch the casual and hard core fan combo buy rate.

I bet it does 500k

Mark Hunt says someone can die from using the sauce.

I mean it is totally irrelevant that he competed in the most juiced up organization on the planet, which by the way allowed soccer kicks to the head, skyscraper knees to the cranium AND, even an atomic butt drop by Hunt himself.
Did Hunt speak once about someone dying then?
NOPE!

Back