UFC is dead

Conor's next PPV will likely break UFC ppv records. Not dead.

White belt proclaiming the UFC is dead..How original.
I am not sure how a belt level relates to MMA knowledge. My former BJJ teacher who was one of the early Renzo blackbelts and well known in MMA circles occasionally posts and his belt level isn't nearly as high as mine.
The UFC is sucking lately. I gave up on boxing because the best weren't fighting, the belts are a joke, the promoters are controlling who fights. Who didn't want to see Mayweather and Manny 5 years before they fought? I saw so many horrible decisions, fake contenders fighting I gave up. I remember as a kid guys like Sugar Ray, Hearns, Hagler fighting everyone. And they fought, Floyd may be a great boxer but he isn't a fighter. I am sick of what Conor has done to two devisions, He won the 145 belt almost 2 years and never defended. He won the 155 belt 10 1/2 months ago and has no plans to defend this anytime soon and it sounds like his defense will be against an inactive 8th ranked 155 lb fighter *who has won 6 of h is past 12 fights) while there are several more deserving fighters. He should at least have to fight Tony. Khabib's inactivity hurts his case but Tony deserves the shot.
I am fine with money fights but not when the titile isn't being defended. So the UFC is less awesome than it used to be and I buy fewer cards than I used to . I won't be buying any Conor card that isn't against Tony/ Lee winner or Khabib and I am going to miss Bisping GSP despite wanting to see several of the fights on the card out of principle. If the real MMA fans would join in not buy, maybe this shit would en.

Nah, basically they just started catering to casuals and non fans and alienated the die hard fans. Casuals are the ones you make money from anyway, smart business decision

White belt proclaiming the UFC is dead..How original.
Yet it's a good topic and discussion, not to mention he's probably right. You must think you're a real brown belt too LOL!! in Rex kwan do

Nah, basically they just started catering to casuals and non fans and alienated the die hard fans. Casuals are the ones you make money from anyway, smart business decision

That's not entirely true. Hardcores are the ones that buy all the shitty cards casuals don't give a fuck about. These days that's about every card.

WMEUFC paying the price bigtime for pissing off all the hardcore fans..

Some are suggesting Dana will leave UFC n team up with ferrtitas again to create another mma promotion

I wouldn't be suprised

The way UFC is ran right now it's all about short term goals n max profits without thinking about future too much

Rankings n titles are de facto useless

The only thing that matters are superfights, but then what?

Tbh the forecast looks grim... with Jones facing a 4 year ban, the ufc needs mcgregor and Brock to headline until they can build a new star. They screwed up with their Sage/Paige bet by giving them tough competition too early and I fear they are doing the same with Kevin Lee. Nobody else in the UFC has superstar potential imo. I think the UFC also screwed up with GSP vs Bisping. They could have matched GSP with much more winnable fights and milked him for a few years but he will lose against bisbing and will be worth a lot less. They shoulda done GSP vs a Diaz brother or BJ penn 3 imo. I swear it infuriates me how the UFC kills off its own potential stars by pushing them too early. So far they killed off:
Paige
Sage
korean superboy
Yair

All those fighters had huge potential but getting pushed too soon gave them losses that diminished the hype and they may never recover. Once casual fans see a fighter lose badly they usually jump ship forever.

Bellator is better now

They have Mike Goldberg!!

<Goldie11>

Are more "UFC is dying" threads ironically a sign of the UFC doing well?

a1wMe_s-200x150.gif
I smell a Whitebelt thread trying to be original with a UFC is Dead thread as opposed to dying....

Joe Rogan's departure from the company in the coming months might be the final nail in the coffin.

Yet it's a good topic and discussion, not to mention he's probably right.
Is that your alt account TS?
<36>

NO it isn't a good topic for discussion at the time.....maybe 500 "the UFC is dying!!1!@!!!" Threads ago and not when its based on subjective belief and not a general consensus....

Threads like this truly deserve sherdogs scorn for being derrivitave as hell and full of shit

Yet it's a good topic and discussion, not to mention he's probably right. You must think you're a real brown belt too LOL!! in Rex kwan do

Here is a tip for you.. Use the search feature and you can read the thousands of posts on the UFC dying.

I am not sure how a belt level relates to MMA knowledge. My former BJJ teacher who was one of the early Renzo blackbelts and well known in MMA circles occasionally posts and his belt level isn't nearly as high as mine.
The UFC is sucking lately. I gave up on boxing because the best weren't fighting, the belts are a joke, the promoters are controlling who fights. Who didn't want to see Mayweather and Manny 5 years before they fought? I saw so many horrible decisions, fake contenders fighting I gave up. I remember as a kid guys like Sugar Ray, Hearns, Hagler fighting everyone. And they fought, Floyd may be a great boxer but he isn't a fighter. I am sick of what Conor has done to two devisions, He won the 145 belt almost 2 years and never defended. He won the 155 belt 10 1/2 months ago and has no plans to defend this anytime soon and it sounds like his defense will be against an inactive 8th ranked 155 lb fighter *who has won 6 of h is past 12 fights) while there are several more deserving fighters. He should at least have to fight Tony. Khabib's inactivity hurts his case but Tony deserves the shot.
I am fine with money fights but not when the titile isn't being defended. So the UFC is less awesome than it used to be and I buy fewer cards than I used to . I won't be buying any Conor card that isn't against Tony/ Lee winner or Khabib and I am going to miss Bisping GSP despite wanting to see several of the fights on the card out of principle. If the real MMA fans would join in not buy, maybe this shit would en.

UFC has been dying for 10 years plus. Topic has been beaten down and a simple search would negate the need for a new thread.

Back