UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie on women fighting in MMA: “I’m not a big fan of it”

Do you agree with UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie's opinion on women's MMA

• Total voters

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

According to Gracie, he enjoys watching a good fight but just isn’t a fan of watching two women competing against each other inside the cage.

“Nope, I’m not a big fan of it,” Gracie said when asked on his opinion on women’s mixed martial arts. “I like the woman feminine. I don’t like to get home and get beat up.

“But hey, it’s a free country. They can do whatever they want.”

Read more:http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-hall-of-famer-royce-gracie-is-not-a-fan-of-womens-mma-030617

What are your thoughts on this? I don't mind women's fights.

44924.jpg

Royce Gracie MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

I'm not a big fan of it, but it has nothing to do with my subjective views on what a female "should be".

To put it shortly, WMMA is not enjoyable to me no matter how many attempts I've given to watching it so far.

I agree with Royce, I don't care for female fights. I probably would only recognize maybe 6 chicks currently in the UFC if they showed their face without a name. Holly, Cyborg, the 115 champ whose name i can't pronounce or spell, Ronda if she's still there, Claudia with the mole on her face....and that's it, so 5.

Royce also thought he could beat Matt Hughes so take his opinion with a grain of salt.

I enjoy it when it's a good match up.

Same guy that made us watch him and Ken fight as old men.

STFU Royce. The girls are great.

He's just mad that he can't knee women in the balls.

source.gif

I'm not a big fan of it, but it has nothing to do with my subjective views on what a female "should be".

To put it shortly, WMMA is not enjoyable to me no matter how many attempts I've given to watching it so far.

I support women empowering themselves through martial arts in this day and age but I'd prefer them not to be on UFC cards.

They need a separate league so I don't have to watch that shit mixed into the cards.

Not a fan of women's MMA. But I'll watch Ronda getting Ko'd plenty of times.

Not a fan of it. But im totally ok with women doing bjj. I just think punching kicking other womens faces is not very feminine. Theres something manly about fighting. Just like there is something feminine about ballet.

Im not totally against women fighting (although im not for it). But they should NOT be on the same card as the mens. In fact they should be at home, taking care of the house and children.

My only problem is they should not be in main events PPV wise, unless it is for a title shot or number #1 contender matches.

Honestly I don't care. What the fuck is with all you guys trying to find ways to oppress women? If women want to do something they can fucking well do it. Calvillo and Cooper put on a MUCH better show than Tyron and Thompson did on Saturday and Joanna and Karolina put on a better show than them on UFC 205.
Here's a look at the beginning for the men. Some of them were good a lot of them were completely shit. For that matter once HOF Royce had to take the gi off it was a different ball game for him.

I'm not against it because I care about their femininity but because it bores me 95% of the time.

Back