UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie on women fighting in MMA: “I’m not a big fan of it”

Do you agree with UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie's opinion on women's MMA

• Total voters
Honestly I don't care. What the fuck is with all you guys trying to find ways to oppress women? If women want to do something they can fucking well do it. Calvillo and Cooper put on a MUCH better show than Tyron and Thompson did on Saturday and Joanna and Karolina put on a better show than them on UFC 205.

But no one is going to blame Thompson and Woodley's lackluster showing on their gender.

I agree with Royce, I don't care for female fights. I probably would only recognize maybe 6 chicks currently in the UFC if they showed their face without a name. Holly, Cyborg, the 115 champ whose name i can't pronounce or spell, Ronda if she's still there, Claudia with the mole on her face....and that's it, so 5.

Not sure if you do recognize these, but maybe?

Paige VanZant (overhyped, female Sage)
Amanda Nunes (beat Rousey and Holm)
Valentina Shevchenko (fought Holm and Nunes, and is hot)
Michelle Waterson (Karate Hottie)
Rose Namajunas (goes by thug, girlfriend of Pat Barry)
Felice Herrig (social media whore, kinda good looking)
Cat Zingano (fought Meisha Tate, Rousey)
Julianna Pena (really annoying entitled talker)

Maybe a few of these? For two divisions, it's not too bad. Hell, how many Flyweights and male Bantamweights can people recognize?

Not a fan of it. But im totally ok with women doing bjj. I just think punching kicking other womens faces is not very feminine. Theres something manly about fighting. Just like there is something feminine about ballet.

I agree. Boxing (punching faces) is manly. Rolling on the ground, grabbing each other is feminine.

Honestly I don't care. What the fuck is with all you guys trying to find ways to oppress women? If women want to do something they can fucking well do it. Calvillo and Cooper put on a MUCH better show than Tyron and Thompson did on Saturday and Joanna and Karolina put on a better show than them on UFC 205.
Here's a look at the beginning for the men. Some of them were good a lot of them were completely shit. For that matter once HOF Royce had to take the gi off it was a different ball game for him.

I really don't think it's about oppressing women. Some people just don't really like watching women beat each other up. Different strokes and all that. Doesn't mean they are activley campaining to stop them from doing it if thats what they chose.

For the record though the first female MMA match took place in 1996 just 3 years after UFC 1 and the first all female fighting org was started in 2001, the "its a new sport" argument is getting a little tired.

I agree. Boxing (punching faces) is manly. Rolling on the ground, grabbing each other is feminine.
I didnt say that rolling on the ground is feminine. Its just not like punching faces. Also im a pervert who enjoys watching a little ultimate surrender from time to time. That female grappling is great. What athletes.

He's just mad that he can't knee women in the balls.

source.gif
Legal or illegal shot?

all i read was i like to go home with the woman already having a sandwich ready for me. lol

I'm not a fan of WMMA but after UFC209 and the horrid Main Event I feel I should give WMMA a second chance

Royce also thought he could beat Matt Hughes so take his opinion with a grain of salt.

& when he got his butt soundly beaten his excuse afterwards was:

'I overtrained'

<{Heymansnicker}>

I'm not a fan because they usually bore me. I tend to fast forward unless it's a title fight.

I'm not a big fan of WMMA, but not for the same old fashioned misogynist reasons as Royce. I'm not a big fan of WMMA because I don't think it's very good.

I 100% support their right to make a career as an MMA fighter. As a viewer, I find myself uninterested in most of their fights though. Probably for the same reason I'm uninterested in most MMA fights taking place under 170 lbs.

It's obvious with some men that a "strong" woman clearly disturbs them. It's quite fucking pathetic that people still have the mindset of what a woman should be from the 1960s.

I'd like it more if it wasn't on actual UFC cards

The WMMA fights help add to the quantity of free cards so I think that is good.

im.not a big fan of royce gracie either
fuck that dirty sob

Back