UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie on women fighting in MMA: “I’m not a big fan of it”

Do you agree with UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie's opinion on women's MMA

• Total voters
There have been plenty of entertaining WMMA fights. I've seen bad and good, just like with men. It doesn't chap my hyde one bit if I skip a not-so-entertaining fight. There's probably someone who is enjoying it more than myself and my opinion shouldn't be the reason why people lose jobs.

I'm just saying, I would watch ultimate surrender with women but I'm sure as hell not watching it with men.

So if women shouldn't punch each other in the face because it's too masculine, men shouldn't roll around on the ground with each other because it's too feminine.
Rolling is benign i think. Its not feminine or masculine in my opinion. Its neutral imo. Wrestling is more masculine imo but not like face punching and beating on someone working for a tko.

I rarely agree with Hoyce but this is one of those occasions.

Stay off the roids Royce. I wasn't a fan of allowing you to fight in a ghee. My opinion matters as much as yours....not at all.

Hard to take anything serious from an old misogynist fighter who never did learn how to throw a punch.

there is a better chance of a female Gracie making any noise in MMA any time soon then any of the Men. Its that arrogance that is holding them back. thinking they dont need to be full Mixed martial Artists and just not a BJJ player.

Only because the talent pool in women's MMA is thin, not because of your reasoning.

I'm not a fan of any Gracie fighting. So cool we are equal

Rolling is benign i think. Its not feminine or masculine in my opinion. Its neutral imo. Wrestling is more masculine imo but not like face punching and beating on someone working for a tko.

Ah ok. I understand your perspective now.

I thought he divorced his doctor wife and asked for spouse support from her. No problems with that?

I'm not a big fan of it, but it has nothing to do with my subjective views on what a female "should be".

To put it shortly, WMMA is not enjoyable to me no matter how many attempts I've given to watching it so far.

cliffs/ Chief Hurnst: There were Johnsons as far as the eye can see.

I'm fine with women fighting, my only problem is they just don't have the talent in the divisions right now. They definitely don't have the talent to fill out 125 and 145. The amount of crappy head and arm hip toss takedowns is kinda pathetic.

I just dislike WMMA because of the low skill level in 90% of the fights. Same reason I don't watch a lot of HW fights, but at least the HW fights can end at any time, not true for WMMA.

Would you watch WMMA if they weren't fighting in the UFC?

My take is wmma is ok, but media should stop pretending it's as important as the original male version.

A Gracie said? You mean one of that family of cowards and so much cock guys...

giphy.gif

I love teh wmma.

I like some parts of wmma. Like when the smaller girls have all out brawls or submission fests but find the wrestling aspect boring as hell. Or shit like Holly or Nunes and cyborg bring to the table.

I do like wmma more than a men’s flyweight match though. Something about watching two people who weigh around 125 wrestling is extremely underwhelming

Lost all respect for Royce when he started paying out Bravo for being a 'drug' user for smoking yet Royce tested positive for steroids. Couldn't give a shit what he thinks.

Back