UFC Fox 24 - DJ vs Reis - Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like both Rose and Waterson. Waiting to see how high Karate Hottie's line gets bet up.

I can understand a play on Whittaker but what makes you believe that Jacare can only win by sub? I think a decision win or a TKO are realistic outcomes here. The Romero fight was a close decision that could easily have gone his way and he TKO'ed Vitor less than a year ago. Whittaker hasn't faced anyone close to Jacare's level on the ground and I'm not sure how he's going to react if he gets taken down.

Well if it goes to the ground he's going to get subbed, no doubt about that

And i need to do a bit of tape study on Whitaker. I don't think he has a great chin. Souza really isn't a great striker but I guess he could catch him

I don't think jacare will outpoint him striking

Well if it goes to the ground he's going to get subbed, no doubt about that

And i need to do a bit of tape study on Whitaker. I don't think he has a great chin. Souza really isn't a great striker but I guess he could catch him

I don't think jacare will outpoint him striking
Man, hasn't Jacare basically taken down every guy he's faced. Including Yoel, Rockholt, Gegard, Boetsch. Really hard to see him not taking down Whitaker IMO

Early leans, not done full film study: Cummings, Sanchez, Elliot, Magomedov, annnnd Biiig Country. Should all be favs imo, gona jump on any of these dogs.

Early leans, not done full film study: Cummings, Sanchez, Elliot, Magomedov, annnnd Biiig Country. Should all be favs imo, gona jump on any of these dogs.
All will be favourites, Country vs Volkov will be tight though. No secret as to how the lines will be set, they are easy to predict.

I can't bet Roy anymore and I don't know why people do,
Sure he's not fighting the elite here but I do remember Volk giving Tim some shit

Blueprint is out on beating Roy and those power shots seem so much more laboured these days

All will be favourites, Country vs Volkov will be tight though. No secret as to how the lines will be set, they are easy to predict.

Yeah I can see the Green-Magomedov line being close and the Nelson line being close like you said. I'm hoping the other favorites I mentioned aren't too huge so I can parlay them.

I can't bet Roy anymore and I don't know why people do,
Sure he's not fighting the elite here but I do remember Volk giving Tim some shit

Blueprint is out on beating Roy and those power shots seem so much more laboured these days

If Volkov is a decent underdog I could see the logic in taking a shot at him but I see big country aging like whiskey in the heavyweight division against the lower tier of the rankings. He beat the Black Beast hands down. The only thing that scares me is Volkovs reach. I might pass on a winner and place a bet on the fight going the distance if that is plus money because I see that being a likely outcome.

How do you guys cap these fights?

Andrew Sanchez - Anthony Smith
Zak Cummings - Nathan Coy

I think Cummings and Sanchez will both be decent sized favourites. Saying that, I think both will win pretty easily.

Cmon bookies! Please criminally underrate Zak as usual! Even if its Coy hes fighting!

Cummings will be the much larger and superior mixed martial artist. Could possibly go the distance but Cummings will probably ko Coy.
The Sanchez fight will be similar in style to the past title fight this weekend, if Anthony Smith can stuff the takedowns and strike then he has a good chance, although Sanchez has tremendous takedowns and cardio. Possible Sanchez submission but likely decision.

Smith unfortunately doesn't really have that one hitter quitter power and both his takedown and submission defense is extremely suspect. I bet him both times he won in the UFC but see Sanchez absolutely grapplefucking him here.

Smith has better standup for sure. He has a very long reach and uses it well either on the front foot (which he normally is) or uses his right hand well if pushed back. He does lack head movement tho and suffers slightly from tall man syndrome. He has been ko'd/tko'd 5 times but not for over six years. However, i did not like how he reacted to Leleco hitting him. When Leleco hurt him he basically folded for the remainder of the fight, his chin is defo a question mark. No one has tried to take him down in the UFC except Mutante who hit five out of five td's. Now while Mutante has an excellent blast double, the ease with which Mutante hit all five td's makes me question his tdd. He also only got up once on his own accord from those five td's, and he was stuck underneath Elvis for the whole first round after having his leg swept out. Therefore, his get ups are a big worry.

Sanchez will be the rightful fav but i personally will not touch him anywhere north of -200, in fact im probably swerving this fight. Against Poppie and in his last fight he was content to stand. Now that may not be a bad thing as why wrestle when you are outstriking both Poppie and Smith pretty easily, and he did wrestle Khalil who was a big lump and threat standing. Therefore, me questioning his fight IQ could be way off, but i would kick myself if i bet Sanchez and he decides to kickbox with Smith and gets himself knocked out. Sanchez's style standing uses a lot of energy and he visibly slowed down against both Khalil and Smith. I wasn't overly impressed in his performance against Trevor Smith, who i do not rate highly at all.

So too many unknowns for me to commit fully. Main ones being is Smith's tdd as bad as Mutante made it look, and will Sanchez wrestle as he seems like the kind of guy who likes to utilise his standup. Defo favour Sanchez but id prob hit a juicy Smith KO prop.

Got to fade Smith he's not UFC calibre imo
Only problem being I'm not sure on Sanchez

I agree Smith isn't UFC calibre.
I believe its going to look pretty much exactly like his fight against Rountree.

I agree Smith isn't UFC calibre.
I believe its going to look pretty much exactly like his fight against Rountree.

I suspect you are right, but im not trusting him to wrestle until i've seen it in a fight outside of the Khalil fight. Not with money at least!

I suspect you are right, but im not trusting him to wrestle until i've seen it in a fight outside of the Khalil fight. Not with money at least!

Sanchez isn't dumb, he didn't wrestle against Trevor because he didn't need to. He can easily win if he decides to wrestle against Anthony Smith

Sanchez isn't dumb, he didn't wrestle against Trevor because he didn't need to. He can easily win if he decides to wrestle against Anthony Smith

You are probably right. Same against Poppie - why wrestle when you are winning the standup. But im done betting on people until they have convinced me they have good fight IQ. I also don't think Sanchez is that good, albeit this is a fight he will win if he wrestles.

You are probably right. Same against Poppie - why wrestle when you are winning the standup. But im done betting on people until they have convinced me they have good fight IQ. I also don't think Sanchez is that good, albeit this is a fight he will win if he wrestles.

I Will bet on Sánchez if I can get him as a slight fav. I won't play him if he is juiced, same with Cummings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back