UFC FN: Sergei Pavlovich vs. Curtis Blaydes, April 22

Edwards won because she did more damaging strikes and Lucilova is a proven DNB.

Brogan is just crap and has no paths to victory outside of Lucindo hurting herself or something.
She won because the fight was fixed

you can’t even present an argument for edwards winning. Even the bookies had her lined at +1500 in round 3

Edwards won because she did more damaging strikes and Lucilova is a proven DNB.

Brogan is just crap and has no paths to victory outside of Lucindo hurting herself or something.

I bet Edwards at +110 and there's no way she won that fight. Sure Lucindo SHOULD win. She's also dropped slightly in odds. She could be injured for all I know. Either way, PASS.

Wouldn't even say she struggled. She got dropped once by a girl who has looked dominant in all her last 3 1st rounds, but Jasmin had the fight firmly in control by the end of the round and Istella breathing heaving already.

Yeah but she lost the round. Didn't feel like she was in any trouble aside from that. I think if we compare the fights Lucindo looked much better than Istella as a whole package and really gave Lauren a tough fight. I was impressed and for a minute or two thought she could maybe pull it off.

you can’t even present an argument for edwards winning. Even the bookies had her lined at +1500 in round 3

Reminds me of a ufc fight (In China?) Where Elisabeth Phillips was -5000 or something like that vs Milena Dudieva. After the fight had ended. At the time the site I use gave odds for fights that had concluded but the decision wasnt read. Well judges disagreed and gave Dudieva the win.

-I think Blaydes as long as keeps his head straight and doesnt panic should be able to handle Sergei. I f you go for the Russian imo 1-2 rds prop is must but I feel Curtis gets on top and smothers him out.
-Tavares is more competent than Silva and you just can't tell anything about that good about Bruno after that GM3 loss. You could say GM3 is looking better than ever but then he lost Pyfer like he was nothing. Bruno might be a momentum fighter. He does well when he feels good. I dont think Tavres is a good rebound fight.
-Green is better everywhere than Gordon except fight iq and that might be enough to get him L here. I feel he was better than Klose and Moises and Trianldo and Dober too actually but lost all of those fights. I f he came here with momentum I'd pick him easily and bet even with these prices but somehow it feels like a split dec loss type of fight for him once again.
-Glenn is the better fighter and should matchup well enough with Giagos to take the w. I'm surprised the odds have tightened. Do people see Glenn outsruck here? He tends to do well with grapplers. Even a monster like Dawson he got a draw against. Dawson would molest Giagos bad.
-I'm going to take a stab at Yahya here with the odds. Montel has problems when taken down if the guy who takes him down is good. Yahya is good on the ground. He is old so who knows but seems Montel is a bit overrated with oddsmakers and public. He hasn't done anything that spectacular since coming to the ufc. Yeah he gets finishes against the lower tier and does fine against the guys he has physical advantages over. But I'm always much more confident in him if he is fighting a striker rather than a grappler.

Losing the Cachoeira fight cost me a few of my prizepicks...anyone have any strong leans?

If Norma Durmont vs Karol Rosa wont hit the scorecards then something weird most definitely must have happened.

I bet blaydes at 1.84. Pavlovich hits like a truck but I still think Blaydes chin is intact. He ate that jump knee from Rozen and completed a takedown anyways. Guy might have the greatest chin of all time. Overeem hit him with this and he still complete the takedown. Ngannou put him on queer street and he still attempted to keep fighting. Only issue is that he keeps getting hit in every fight but ill still keep my bet at pickem.

What Glenn prize picks line did you take?
Oh you meant for fantasy? Can't help ya there I'm afraid, I'm from south america so fantasy sports is pretty much a no-go for me.
Really don't understand why this line is so wide. Yahya presents unique problems for the division. He has had a reasonably strong strength of schedule. He may be old, but his style has never depended on speed.
Yeah, I lost a little on Kang beating him so I'm definitely not fading him at such outrageous odds. I feel like Montel is still a very raw product getting by on talent more than anything, which usually means Yahya will catch something.

38 at BW is a massive red flag, but like you said, Rani was never an overwhelming athlete so it might not mean anything.

I bet Edwards at +110 and there's no way she won that fight. Sure Lucindo SHOULD win. She's also dropped slightly in odds. She could be injured for all I know. Either way, PASS.

I had 1k on Luci and wasn't all that upset she lost. She's a proven DNB.

I had 1k on Luci and had no problem with the decision. Spare me the lame "fight fixing" nonsense.

You can easily make a case for Edwards if you read the scoring criteria and understand how visuals are everything in WMMA.

You can't hold someone down for 3+ mins, throw nothing but a few rabbit punches, go for no subs, and then win the round when your opponent gets up and starts landing shots on you, especially not when you lost all the striking at the start of the round. MMA hasn't worked like that for years lol.

Yeah. I'm sure you did and I'm sure you were just thrilled to supposedly lose a grand.

1k is just 1u for me, and I didn't say I was thrilled, I just said I understood the decision. Getting upset over bets and not understanding why they lost is dumb and pointless.

I was sad about the 1k I lost on Brasil 3 fights later though. Knew it was a bad match up for Brasil and that she had no boxing. Still bet on my girl Brasil anyway, just to watch her get totally destroyed haha.

I still can't believe I ended in the green that card lol.

I had 1k on Luci and had no problem with the decision. Spare me the lame "fight fixing" nonsense.

You can easily make a case for Edwards if you read the scoring criteria and understand how visuals are everything in WMMA.

You can't hold someone down for 3+ mins, throw nothing but a few rabbit punches, go for no subs, and then win the round when your opponent gets up and starts landing shots on you, especially not when you lost all the striking at the start of the round. MMA hasn't worked like that for years lol.

Edwards did zero damage either. I'm all for damage as the top criteria. That decision was an absolute joke and there's no way to spin it otherwise.

Edwards did zero damage either. I'm all for damage as the top criteria. That decision was an absolute joke and there's no way to spin it otherwise.

Read the criteria. It literally says that actions that have the potential to bring immediate end to a fight are weighed more heavily than anything else.

Luci lost the striking for the first 1.5 mins, then just laid on top while not threatening any sort of ending, only to have Edwards get up and start unloading on her in the final 10 seconds while she was desperately trying to cling on for another td.

That's how she lost the round. That's not spinning anything. It's exactly how the criteria is written. If you can't understand how this is true then you need to watch more fights, because this is absolutely not the first time it's happened, and definitely not with WMMA where visuals are key.

Back