UFC FN: Jessica Andrade vs. Erin Blanchfield, February 18

Okay then LOL.

This is like when everyone said Wonderboy would beat Burns and Belal because he had good TDD stats. It wasn’t true and same situation here, Andrade cant wrestle , its that simple

I feel pretty confident in Andrade this weekend. Erin is too young and too green for a seasoned vet like Andrade.
The Aldrich fight was a bad look, felt very situational the way it ended.
People argue that we should judge Andrade takedown defence because Shevchenko ragdolled her.... it's not the same in my opinion. Shevchenko is so explosive in all that she does and we are talking about one of the best female fighters of all time. Erin looks good, but she is not there yet.
The only concern is the short notice of Andrade... does anyone know if Andrade has been short notice before like this?

I think Andrade will make this look easy and she finishes Erin in the first rounds.

I feel pretty confident in Andrade this weekend. Erin is too young and too green for a seasoned vet like Andrade.
People argue that we should judge Andrade takedown defence because Shevchenko ragdolled her.... it's not the same in my opinion. Shevchenko is so explosive in all that she does and we are talking about one of the best female fighters of all time. Erin looks good, but she is not there yet.
The only concern is the short notice of Andrade... does anyone know if Andrade has been short notice before like this?

I think Andrade will make this look easy and she finishes Erin in the first rounds.
I judge mostly on how Murphy took her down. For me it was legit takedown. Also throughout her career Andrade had bad TDD, for example with Liz Karmouch, and I haven't seen proofs that she improved it. Blanchfield has good takedown techniques, and she is fairly fast on legs, I think if she will get hold on Andrade's she will take her down. Aldritch was much heavier than Andrade and have better tdd technique imo.
I don't look much onto Shevchenko's takedown's, because it was mostly sambo style trips.
Also I think Andrade doesn't have one shot KO power, she mostly beat people to submission.

I judge mostly on how Murphy took her down. For me it was legit takedown. Also throughout her career Andrade had bad TDD, for example with Liz Karmouch, and I haven't seen proofs that she improved it. Blanchfield has good takedown techniques, and she is fairly fast on legs, I think if she will get hold on Andrade's she will take her down. Aldritch was much heavier than Andrade and have better tdd technique imo.
I don't look much onto Shevchenko's takedown's, because it was mostly sambo style trips.
Also I think Andrade doesn't have one shot KO power, she mostly beat people to submission.

Not saying it didn't happen or anything... I just don't remember when or how it happened. I think Andrade had 0 respect for Murphy so a takedown could be the cause of not being 100% focused. Andrade is going to be very aware that Erin is looking for the takedown.

Anything can happen, but I think Andrade at these odds is a steal.

Anyone else like OSP at nice dog money? This is split decision type of bum fight. I agree OSP is on a decline but Lins is 37 years old too and was competitive with Marcin Prachnio of all people. OSP also much better when fight goes to the ground. Lins had his hands down on his hips in R3 against Prachnio. This should be a close fight.

Not saying it didn't happen or anything... I just don't remember when or how it happened. I think Andrade had 0 respect for Murphy so a takedown could be the cause of not being 100% focused. Andrade is going to be very aware that Erin is looking for the takedown.

Anything can happen, but I think Andrade at these odds is a steal.
R1. 4:40

Anyone else like OSP at nice dog money? This is split decision type of bum fight. I agree OSP is on a decline but Lins is 37 years old too and was competitive with Marcin Prachnio of all people. OSP also much better when fight goes to the ground. Lins had his hands down on his hips in R3 against Prachnio. This should be a close fight.
I don't know, man. OSP was pretty damn competitive with Shogun's corpse, and his output is pretty low so I don't know if he'll take advantage of Philipe tiring late.

I think the line is pretty accurate since Ovince has just looked bad for most of his recent fights.

No, sorry I don't like him at all. I don't think OSP wants to fight any more. He is there to collect the few remaining pay checks. I think you are setting yourself up for a bad experience screaming at the TV for OSP to do something... just freaking something.

This Erin-Andrade debate is too much black and white for my taste,basically few people are saying Andrade will win easy and a few others say Erin will grapplefuck her to a win pretty handy.I don't think either will happen but I don't believe Erin can get a quick sub and it will be hard to get that much control time to win 3 rounds.Andrade doesn't fade and isn't a flake.I'm also hitting that 101,00 Andrade 4th and 5th round sub hail Mary's

The Liz Carmouche fight was 10 years ago, using that is silly.

I have. Valentina seems a lot quicker. On her feet and on the ground. If we agree we can't measure strength, at least we can measure speed because you can see speed. She moves from position to position way faster than Erin.

A superficial way (that I don't force anyone to take seriously) to compare them is the body comparison. Erin clearly looks like a woman, she's soft and has a waist. Valentina is build more like a man and her muscles are more defined.

Thing that I realised from years of watching MMA is that women and men with thick core/waist have more strength/power and more importantly can maintain it deep in the fight. They usually don't throw snappy punches, but have thudding power. I think because they are too tense, in some part because of how muscle bound they are.
Val doesn't have a thick waist, she has a narrow and more closely to a manly figure, she more than likely can lift more than Erin , Im not arguing that, but she takes down girls because she is damn good at rotating her hips and sweeping the leg, i don't know how much brute strength that is or how much is just technique, and does Erin fit the requirement to takedown Andrade? I believe she can the longer this fight goes.

I have a hard time imagining Valentina not immediately ragdolling JJ Aldrich whenever she saw fit to do so, put it that way.
Val is better than Erin , but she does 90% leg sweeps and hip throws, Erin may not be as strong as Val but i don't think she has to be, she just needs the necessary bare minimum and the technique to get Andrade down, not the brute strength. Andrade was outclassed by a large enough margin to Val(td 7x) that makes it very believable that Erin doesn't need to be very close to Val to win a grappling match with Andrade.

She struggled with Aldrich in terms of takedowns because JJ is a judo black belt, but Erin was the only girl to tap out JJ in the ufc, also tapped out Molly who was only subbed in her ufc debut.

Which is what I said in my original post is that Erin has the threat of submission , something i think she does better than Val if any is the ability to attack a sub from multiple positions.

Last edited:
She doesn’t have one shot ko power, yet she’s knocked out girls with one punch

makes sense

No, sorry I don't like him at all. I don't think OSP wants to fight any more. He is there to collect the few remaining pay checks. I think you are setting yourself up for a bad experience screaming at the TV for OSP to do something... just freaking something.
Lins at over -200 is insane

either way you don't really have any metric on how to measure the functional strength between Val and Erin to come to any conclusion. You have only what you see on tape. Most of the things you are talking about can only be measured by first hand knowledge. We have to critique things like timing, stats like how many successful times did Erin score a td. How many times has Erin scored a td on a wrestler or good grappler. Those are the only full proof way to know how good someone is, everything else is speculative.

Yeah there's no way to measure, I agree. You kinda have to use the eye test along with the other more measurable stuff.

This is like when everyone said Wonderboy would beat Burns and Belal because he had good TDD stats. It wasn’t true and same situation here, Andrade cant wrestle , its that simple

Wonderboy had good TDD but got worse as he aged. I don't think Andrade has amazing TDD but it's not trash either. Somewhere in between.

Val doesn't have a thick waist, she has a narrow and more closely to a manly figure, she more than likely can lift more than Erin , Im not arguing that, but she takes down girls because she is damn good at rotating her hips and sweeping the leg, i don't know how much brute strength that is or how much is just technique, and does Erin fit the requirement to takedown Andrade? I believe she can the longer this fight goes.

Val is better than Erin , but she does 90% leg sweeps and hip throws, Erin may not be as strong as Val but i don't think she has to be, she just needs the necessary bare minimum and the technique to get Andrade down, not the brute strength. Andrade was outclassed by a large enough margin to Val(td 7x) that makes it very believable that Erin doesn't need to be very close to Val to win a grappling match with Andrade.

She struggled with Aldrich in terms of takedowns because JJ is a judo black belt, but Erin was the only girl to tap out JJ in the ufc, also tapped out Molly who was only subbed in her ufc debut.

Which is what I said in my original post is that Erin has the threat of submission , something i think she does better than Val if any is the ability to attack a sub from multiple positions.

I think the major difference between Val and Erin when it comes to entries is the threat that Val poses on the feet. Val is an amazing range striker, so if you're a short fireplug like Andrade then you have to push forward to get past those long range weapons which puts you in clinch situations. With Erin she doesn't have to worry about that and can be a bit more cautious in the way she comes forward.

Im too.
Andrade ML, Andrade itd and FDGTD is good. Two rounds and done for Erin. Crazy value on Jéssica Andrade.

It's just hard to predict what fighter we will see. OSP usually looks pretty disinterested just banking on a big head kick to me. His output is way lower than Prachnio.

After rewatching some Blanchfield fights and the Andrade/Shev fight I definitely lean Andrade. I forgot that Maverick was actually tagging Blanchfield in the 3rd round before initiating the grappling exchange. Maverick made some pretty poor decisions in the whole fight. JJ was also winning the fight, landing crisp left hands before making a simple mistake as others have noticed.

Andrade got up plenty vs. Shev. She just never had a shot on the feet and I think that contributed a lot to her downfall. When you have to deal with the striking puzzle it's a lot harder to defend the take down on top of that.

Simply put Blanchfield is easy to hit and even if Andrade gets taken down she will be able to get back up. In a war of attrition I will take Andrade who will be throwing hard punches in the 3rd round much like Maverick was only Andrade is 10x more explosive.

Back