UFC FN 225 PBP/Discussion

Nakamura can crack but his striking is not technical and extend him late he looks eh.

People are high on him and Taira but I see em both getting derailed soon. Taira almost got choked too.

I was impressed. Good stand up and some great sub attempts

Giga and DNGTD for me. (I'm feeling body kicks by Giga get the job done. Or a Leroy Sub. Really hoping it doesn't turn into a clinch/stall fight, but it could)

Left his chin up in the air the entire time, and was caught in a very deep Gulliotine. Was definity a class above Garcia but might be someone to fade against higher competion. Especially when the last guy he beat looked completly lost earlier.

Left his chin up in the air the entire time, and was caught in a very deep Gulliotine. Was definity a class above Garcia but might be someone to fade against higher competion. Especially when the last guy he beat looked completly lost earlier.
I think the fact that he makes his opponents look so completely lost is why he's so hyped.
Similar to Khabib honestly. Had some sub par looking striking, put himself in counter sub risk, and often had his chin in some dangerous spots.
BUT his grappling and takedowns allowed him to instantly remove himself from those tricky situations and over time he improved those areas.
I'm not saying Nakamura is the next Khabib, you might be correct in that he will struggle/fail when he faces better comp, but it's pretty obvious that he's at least worth some of the hype.

People who are saying he didnt look as big as of a fav as he was are crazy in my opinion. So if he would have landed a head kick 5 seconds into the fight and won by knockout would he have looked like the -1000 fav or whatever he was? what do you expect a -1000 fav to look like?

I think the fact that he makes his opponents look so completely lost is why he's so hyped.
Similar to Khabib honestly. Had some sub par looking striking, put himself in counter sub risk, and often had his chin in some dangerous spots.
BUT his grappling and takedowns allowed him to instantly remove himself from those tricky situations and over time he improved those areas.
I'm not saying Nakamura is the next Khabib, you might be correct in that he will struggle/fail when he faces better comp, but it's pretty obvious that he's at least worth some of the hype.

That was a much better way of putting it lol

Took Giga over 58.5 sig strikes. Fucker might not even throw that many LOL.

1-0 Giga right? I am surprised he is the dog live

Close round. Coinflip. Could go either way.
With that being said, Giga looked like he was getting timing and reads figured out, whereas Leroy was spamming shit.
I think Giga picks it up this next round unless Leroy adds something new.

1-0 Giga right? I am surprised he is the dog live
He was always the fav on my site. I think he was as high as -134, but that's it. I got an additional livebet at -143

Caceres' movement and awkward striking style is giving Giga problems, but Giga also doesn't look the same as before his layoff. Gonna be an interesting decision.

Caceres' movement and awkward striking style is giving Giga problems, but Giga also doesn't look the same as before his layoff. Gonna be an interesting decision.

Lol it was a dominant 3-0 Giga

Back