UFC fighters sue supplement makers?

Please can people stop with the pretending to be Irish and quoting Conor all the time. You are absolutely spot on however.
it's just for fun, I actually hate Conor but the fookin' nootin' is a meme with its own life now

It would be interesting to see USADA implement a rule that sayd you.must take action against said supplement company to use that defense to try to get a reduced sentence

Agreed. The more I think about, the supplement manufacturer would be liable to several parties; the two fighters, their teams, the UFC, USADA, the broadcaster, etc etc etc..

If not ONE entity sues in one of these cases, the tainted supplement excuse should be dismissed as unequivocally bogus.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I don't see any reference to a lawsuit in the article.

Means probably has 2 years from the date he learned of the failed test to file a lawsuit. He can get an plaintiff's attorney for 33% of whatever settlement/judgment is reached. If he can prove it damaged his reputation and cost him one fight purse, he could get some money out of it.

Means probably has 2 years from the date he learned of the failed test to file a lawsuit. He can get an plaintiff's attorney for 33% of whatever settlement/judgment is reached. If he can prove it damaged his reputation and cost him one fight purse, he could get some money out of it.

Of course he could, should and would if he truly ingested a mis-labelled product. AND if the supplement company put fecking illegal STEROIDS in their product so the product provides greater physical gains, they would be nailed from all sides.

The supplement manufacturers makes various products using the same machines to mix those products.

It's the same when you see a warning label that this product may contain peanuts etc. The product shouldn't have any peanuts but because they make various items using the same machines that's why trace amounts are found in the products

Have any UFC fighters sued supplement makers for tainted supplements? Surely if a supplement is tested and it is determined to be tainted, both fighters involved in an affected fight could sue for damages.
Malki said Yoel was filing a lawsuit, but I haven't heard more since he said that just after Yoel's suspension came down. Other than that I haven't heard of any. Keep in mind that several of the supplement cases are purely an error on the fighter's part. Machida knowingly took 7-keto. Sullivan's deer antler velvet supplement changed the label to include igf-1. Jones dick pills literally said not to injest them on the package. If it listed a banned substance on the label, a lawsuit is probably going nowhere.

I went to GNC and bought a protein powder and I put on 20lbs of muscle and my bench went up 75lbs.

No need to sue!

If they sued the manufacturers who would they call when they need someone to make a batch of supplements contaminated with what they popped for?
Interesting point the manufactures are probably in on it. Or if they're not they should be. Wouldn't work indefinitely but for a couple at least.

I don't see that working out very well. All the fighters know that the supplement industry is a hive of scum and villainy, and many of them are using that to their advantage. Even if an innocent fighter chose to do that, does he have the resources to chase down the offending supplement maker? And what would he get from it if he did? Quite a few of these supplement makers are fly by night operations.

I really believe that many fighters are using tainted supplements as a fig leaf to disguise/cover up PEDs use.

I don't see that working out very well. All the fighters know that the supplement industry is a hive of scum and villainy, and many of them are using that to their advantage. Even if an innocent fighter chose to do that, does he have the resources to chase down the offending supplement maker? And what would he get from it if he did? Quite a few of these supplement makers are fly by night operations.

I really believe that many fighters are using tainted supplements as a fig leaf to disguise/cover up PEDs use.

Hire an attorney on a contingency fee basis that pays only on winning the case and they could. Problem with supplement company is that they might not have insurance to pay a judgment and they are protected by the corporate veil, so the owner of the company doesn't have to pay anything out of pocket.

They literally go out of their way to use the shadiest supplement brands possible because they know what they contain through word of mouth and insider relationships.

Tim Means was taking something called HGH-X for crying out loud.

None of these guys are testing positive from Muscle Milk, let's put it that way.

Many people on this board have been using a supplement of some kind or another for many years and don't experience sudden drastic gainz that a steroid would provide. It's incredibly rare that mainstream supplements are tainted with PEDs.

Have any UFC fighters sued supplement makers for tainted supplements? Surely if a supplement is tested and it is determined to be tainted, both fighters involved in an affected fight could sue for damages.

Malki Kawa said they were taking legal action against the supplement manufacturer after the Romero case...

strangely we have heard nothing since.

its almost like Malki just said it to sway public opinion

If GNC products would suddenly start turning people into TRT Vitor, they would become richer than Red Bull.

Malki Kawa said they were taking legal action against the supplement manufacturer after the Romero case...

strangely we have heard nothing since.

its almost like Malki just said it to sway public opinion

I would not be surprised if he had a special relationship with that manufacturer to provide cover for his guys getting busted.

Yoel said he was going after the company where he got his "tainted" supplement from, but I don't know if things went any further.

Well it is there, but i also stand corrected, he took a plea deal with USADA if i understand this part correctly. Which is kinda weird.

"
Means’ was distraught, but - as through most of his ordeal - he channeled this energy into researching anti-doping and the supplement industry. He had begun corresponding with a number of scientists and lawyers. Eventually he found noted anti-doping attorney Howard Jacobs, a veteran of over 150 USADA cases (recently including Jon Jones). From then on things flowed smoothly. “Once he got involved, he really just knew the paper to file, or what buttons to push,” said Means. Jacobs’ quickly got Means an arbitration date with USADA (June 15th).

Prior to arbitration, USADA made Means an offer: six months (as of February 3rd). Exhausted by the process, Means accepted. "

We are talking about two different things. I was talking about Means suing the supplement company, not fighting USADA.

Yoel said he was going after the company where he got his "tainted" supplement from, but I don't know if things went any further.

Somehow he mysteriously forgot about that lawsuit...

Pretty difficult to make a case against them... unless you could find a supplement which was consistently 'tainted'

The supplement manufacturers makes various products using the same machines to mix those products.

It's the same when you see a warning label that this product may contain peanuts etc. The product shouldn't have any peanuts but because they make various items using the same machines that's why trace amounts are found in the products

Agreed but that should not include illegal STEROIDS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back