UFC fighters sue supplement makers?

Burundanga

The Intellectual
@Green
Reaction score
Have any UFC fighters sued supplement makers for tainted supplements? Surely if a supplement is tested and it is determined to be tainted, both fighters involved in an affected fight could sue for damages.

They will do fookin' nootin' because they know it's not a tainted supplement

Have any UFC fighters sued supplement makers for tainted supplements? Surely if a supplement is tested and it is determined to be tainted, both fighters involved in an affected fight could sue for damages.

To answer your questions:

(1) They never have. They've claimed the supplements were tainted, and they have a clear legal cause of action, but never filed suit. That should tell you something.

(2) Interesting question of law as to whether the fighter on the losing end could also sue the supplement manufacturer. I don't think Cormier or Hunt would have standing. From a procedural standpoint, it would first have to be established that the supplement was tainted, which would require the alleged, unsuspecting user to establish this in court.

Not enough Reebok dollars in the world to take on cell-tech

If they sued the manufacturers who would they call when they need someone to make a batch of supplements contaminated with what they popped for?

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I don't see any reference to a lawsuit in the article.

Well it is there, but i also stand corrected, he took a plea deal with USADA if i understand this part correctly. Which is kinda weird.

"
Means’ was distraught, but - as through most of his ordeal - he channeled this energy into researching anti-doping and the supplement industry. He had begun corresponding with a number of scientists and lawyers. Eventually he found noted anti-doping attorney Howard Jacobs, a veteran of over 150 USADA cases (recently including Jon Jones). From then on things flowed smoothly. “Once he got involved, he really just knew the paper to file, or what buttons to push,” said Means. Jacobs’ quickly got Means an arbitration date with USADA (June 15th).

Prior to arbitration, USADA made Means an offer: six months (as of February 3rd). Exhausted by the process, Means accepted. "

That's true. Or many these supplement companies should sue some of these doping athletes (IE Juicin Bones Jones) for claiming they caused a false test! <Lmaoo>

Yes, I get it that it is in some way a proof of guilt if the fighters don't sue. My question was rhetorical in that sense.

I'm going to give you a like just because you started an interesting topic instead of hearing million theories of why he's guilty and he's not guilty

That's true. Or many these supplement companies should sue some of these doping athletes (IE Juicin Bones Jones) for claiming they caused a false test! <Lmaoo>

Yup agreed and good point. Sueing is a litmus test for the fighter's claims...

There's a snail in my protein powder.

if anything supplement makers should sue fighters for falsly blaming them to cover up their own doping

"Tainted supplements" is a copout and loophole fighters exploit to get a reduced suspension. Anyone who believes Jones had tainted "dick pills" that he got in the gym from some dude is living in wonderland.

Lol and maybe I'll sue the dog that ate my homework.

It would be interesting to see USADA implement a rule that sayd you.must take action against said supplement company to use that defense to try to get a reduced sentence

Back