Card

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
112.jpg

Opening / Current
2523_o.png
2523.png

Taking the sizeable dog line on Emmett. I absolutely adore Calvin Kattar, but I just don't think you can rely on your chin as much as he does over 5 rounds with Josh Emmett.

Taking the sizeable dog line on Emmett. I absolutely adore Calvin Kattar, but I just don't think you can rely on your chin as much as he does over 5 rounds with Josh Emmett.

He didn't rely on it much vs Giga iirc. Just pressured him and beat him to the punch all night.

Emmett hits like a truck so for sure can't make mistakes vs him. But Calvin is 100% the more active and polished Striker.

He didn't rely on it much vs Giga iirc. Just pressured him and beat him to the punch all night.

Emmett hits like a truck so for sure can't make mistakes vs him. But Calvin is 100% the more active and polished Striker.

IIRC the strike numbers were fairly close but it was pressure that made the difference.

I think Court could be a good live dog. Wells goes all out in the first and we will see Court in some trouble, and I don’t trust Wells’ gas tank to sustain that pace.

Kattar should be able to finish Emmett late. Much better striker, quality wrestling, great cardio, durable af. Emmett arguably lost to Ige in his last fight.

Kattar should be able to finish Emmett late. Much better striker, quality wrestling, great cardio, durable af. Emmett arguably lost to Ige in his last fight.
Kattar is better striker but saying "much better" is a stretch

Kattar took down Giga twice but he is not a great wrestler by any means. Come on

Agree with the rest thou

Kattar is better striker but saying "much better" is a stretch

Kattar took down Giga twice but he is not a great wrestler by any means. Come on

Agree with the rest thou
I never said great wrestler but that it’s quality. He has good TDD that Zabit really struggled with. Great balance.

I’d say he’s a much better striker. Emmett relies on the right hand and that’s it. Kattar has better boxing, 1-2’s, hooks, and vicious uppercuts. Throws decent leg kicks and body kicks. And he has some of the best Hellbows in the game. Absolutely brutal and fucks a lot of people up with them. I’d put him in with Edwards and Brown in that regard even if he throws them more from a distance instead of from the clinch. He is a much better striker, Emmett has to hope to he can kill him cause if he can’t Kattar is going to be there all night.

I never said great wrestler but that it’s quality. He has good TDD that Zabit really struggled with. Great balance.

I’d say he’s a much better striker. Emmett relies on the right hand and that’s it. Kattar has better boxing, 1-2’s, hooks, and vicious uppercuts. Throws decent leg kicks and body kicks. And he has some of the best Hellbows in the game. Absolutely brutal and fucks a lot of people up with them. I’d put him in with Edwards and Brown in that regard even if he throws them more from a distance instead of from the clinch. He is a much better striker, Emmett has to hope to he can kill him cause if he can’t Kattar is going to be there all night.
Emmers got some fast hands on the inside though, he has 11 knockdowns in his last 7 fights. I dunno how i feel about him as a 5 round fighter, but he looks to have good stamina and high volume. I think its a pick em, but i like emmers with his momentum on his side coming off back to back wins. If he scores a knock down here , he can score a 10-8 round, which all he would need is two to steal it even if katter recovers.

Emmett is one of my favorite fighters but he's too one dimensional to beat Kattar. He's gonna get taken to school - Let's not forget that Emmett's face got destroyed by Jeremy Stephens of all people - Kattar by wide decision imo

ill prolly live bet this one, main event fights cause me strokes and seizures.

I may never bet the under in a main event again

this year I think the majority of my losses are from this alone

I think this can be attributed to higher level fighters with more at stake wanting it more and the refs also giving more leeway because it’s the main

Playing a lot of dogs on this card, lots of wide lines

What does everyone think of Julian Marquez? Looks like there's potentially a bit of value there to me.

I've watched a lot of tape on this fight and don't see a plausible path to victory for Marquez. I could definitely be missing something and given Marquez is only a slight underdog I may very well be. How do you envision a Marquez victory occurring? Sure theres a chance Marquez could catch Rodrigues and knock him out but I don't view that as particularly likely.

Rodrigues from my vantage point has a significant grappling advantage, a technical striking advantage, and a meaningful power advantage.

I've watched a lot of tape on this fight and don't see a plausible path to victory for Marquez. I could definitely be missing something and given Marquez is only a slight underdog I may very well be. How do you envision a Marquez victory occurring? Sure theres a chance Marquez could catch Rodrigues and knock him out but I don't view that as particularly likely.

Rodrigues from my vantage point has a significant grappling advantage, a technical striking advantage, and a meaningful power advantage.

Marquez is pretty strong, my theory is that he bullies him against the cage and should fire enough ground and pound to keep it on the mat there when he gets it there. I have a hard time seeing him finishing Rodrigues, but I can see repeated takedowns against the cage and ground and pound as Rodrigues starts to gas.

Marquez is pretty strong, my theory is that he bullies him against the cage and should fire enough ground and pound to keep it on the mat there when he gets it there. I have a hard time seeing him finishing Rodrigues, but I can see repeated takedowns against the cage and ground and pound as Rodrigues starts to gas.
brother, the second Marquez initiates grappling he gets backpacked or goes for a ride. Would be a low IQ move. His best option is to pressure Rodriguez with the Homer Simpson gameplan until Rod gasses from beating him up then gets finished

brother, the second Marquez initiates grappling he gets backpacked or goes for a ride. Would be a low IQ move. His best option is to pressure Rodriguez with the Homer Simpson gameplan until Rod gasses from beating him up then gets finished

I'm starting to think I might have fucked this one up lol. Will ride it out anyway.

Emmers got some fast hands on the inside though, he has 11 knockdowns in his last 7 fights. I dunno how i feel about him as a 5 round fighter, but he looks to have good stamina and high volume. I think its a pick em, but i like emmers with his momentum on his side coming off back to back wins. If he scores a knock down here , he can score a 10-8 round, which all he would need is two to steal it even if katter recovers.

That's how I feel about it. Skill for skill I'll take Kattar over Emmett all day, however his style does mean he tends to get cracked a few times during a fight and it only takes one decent crack from Emmett to completely change the course of a fight.

I'm starting to think I might have fucked this one up lol. Will ride it out anyway.

That's how I feel about it. Skill for skill I'll take Kattar over Emmett all day, however his style does mean he tends to get cracked a few times during a fight and it only takes one decent crack from Emmett to completely change the course of a fight.
I think Kattar got the offense, but defensively he leaves himself too expose at times, i feel like passing, i'll probably do a low sprinkle prop bet on emmers decision if its really juicy.

Back