UFC Confirms Nunes/Pennington Will Serve As The Main Event For UFC 224 in Rio

I will never get all the womans mma haters.

Would you also watch WNFL, WNBA, and WMLB?

Would you want those to take the places of NFL, NBA and MLB matches?

"For 2018, there's going to be no normal Super Bowl... There's going to be Women's Super Bowl! Queue the half time show!" -snackgod

How big is Nunes' brazilian fanbase? Her opponent hasn't fought in over a year and was never a huge superstar, so she's basically carrying the card.

I'm not a WMMA hater, but this event is going to get X-PAC heat. Truly awful headliner for a PPV.

Just a showcase bout for Nuñes; they'll probably announce the Cyborg fight in the postfight interview.

Just a showcase bout for Nuñes; they'll probably announce the Cyborg fight in the postfight interview.

They are giving her an opponent who is very tough but not very skilled or known. That's the worst way of showcasing a fighter. If they want to showcase her, give her a well known can with a couple of flashy finishers to smash. Or just put the Ronda fight on the screen and call it the 224 main event.

<mma3>
another WMMA Main Event

Is there anybody truly pumped about this fight?

WME continuing the pushing of WMMA head-liners is a true head-scratcher for me.
It isn't a huge main event but tbh it's an ok fight if the rest of the card is good. Pennington is a good challenger. I think nunes takes a decision tho.

I think they booked this fight to give Nunez another win to "legitimize" her championship so that when they start advertising Nunez/Cyborg they can point to her title defenses and how her last defense was won in dominant fashion.

Good fight, but not for the casuals. Pennington will bring it to Nunes.

Hmmmmm...

After all the drama from Andrade vs Torres. And the way Andrade got pissed off about Amanda, and Nina cheering for Tecia.

This is kind of interesting. I speculated that perhaps the lesbian cpls of Amanda/Nina might just be much better friends with Rocky/Tecia. Than the Brazilian cpl of Jessica/Fernanda. Jessica thought Amanda should cheer for her because they’re both Brazilian.

Tecia was the teammate of Amanda and Nina at American Top Team for quite some time. Not surprising to me that a long-standing teammate relationship trumps common nationality.

I disagree. Pennington lives and trains at high altitude in Colorado, and should therefore be able to have excellent cardio. Nunes, on the other hand, lives and trains at low altitude in Florida and has a history of cardio issues in fights. If Pennington forces Nunes to work hard enough to gas, that could be a winning advantage in a five round fight.

Pennington is beeping underrated. She has solid boxing fundamentals, she'll force a fight, and she won't let Nunes fight at a relaxed pace.

Prepare for Cyborg vs Kuntsky numbers.

Idiots.

At least we’ll have the option to Tune out and get to bed earlier after the co-main event ends.

They are giving her an opponent who is very tough but not very skilled or known. That's the worst way of showcasing a fighter. If they want to showcase her, give her a well known can with a couple of flashy finishers to smash. Or just put the Ronda fight on the screen and call it the 224 main event.
Who else is there at 135? To be fair to Pennington, she did beat Miesha, so they'll play that up to no end.

Stack the card and then talk about how WMMA drew the numbers....at least I can leave the bar early though!!

So a girl who almost got beat by Beth freaking Correia, and barely survived against Meisha Tate (who Nunes obliterated) is supposed to what? Challenge Nunes??

tenor.gif

Joanna beat Karolina who beat Rose.

Rose beat Joanna.

MMA math doesn't work the way you think it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back