UFC Confirms Nunes/Pennington Will Serve As The Main Event For UFC 224 in Rio

Meh main event but since I can't say no to a UFC card. I'm in!

Not sure if I want Nunes to win so she can scrap the Borg, or I want Penn to neuter the lion(ess).

Either way lets do it!

So much for the females aren't going to main event idea.
I predict a lot of people will be leaving the event early to "beat the traffic".

Will they even get near 100k buys? Could be the lowest drawing since like 2005.

What a shitty main event. gotta be one of the worst ever booked. sucks to be headlining a card with banger fights like Lyoto/Vitor, Jacare/Kelvin and Volkan/Glover. was really hoping RDA-Woodley would main event.
smh
Good card, shitty main.

give them the conor treatment main event non title over title fight.

You guys complain but you will tune in as always.

Muthafuckas better get with the program, WMMA is taking over! They will get more money and will main event over all your favorite male fighters...

All HAIL WMMA!

I will never get all the womans mma haters.
I hate this headliner. I don't hate women, I hate the fact the product is diluted with lower quality wmma fights as headliners.
This is not a compelling matchup, whereas there are several fantastic, elite fighters below them that should be in the top spot.

I don't get why so called ufc fans only seem to care what the ppv buys will be.

if you a fight fan you enjoy what ever the fights are.

I guess the buy rate reflects the quality of the card in some respects? So it's interesting to speculate based on the fights. I give this one 140k max.

I will still tune n, and still enjoy the card though.

Cyborg should do a run in and hit both of them with chair shots.

Awful. UFC PPV's are becoming meaningless now. It will get to the point where its gonna be hovering around 50k buys if they keep this up. The last PPV UFC 222 was the lowest brought PPV in like forever

They'd have to throw 2009 Shogun vs. 2009 Anderson onto this card to get my money.

UFC continues to make WMMA main events and then complain about low PPV numbers. <{cruzshake}>

Who else is there at 135? To be fair to Pennington, she did beat Miesha, so they'll play that up to no end.

Burt Correia is a good showcase match. A lot of people know her from her cringy feud with Ronda (better known that Rocky at the very least) and Nunes would cream her with 3 punches.

Eh no thanks

mQ67G0.gif

I just hope Rocky lives up to her moniker & pulls off the upset to screw up Dana's plans of building towards Nunes/ Cyborg superfight.

Just realized Pennington hasn’t fought since ufc 205? Or is that a Wikipedia mistake?

She pulled a Woodley to get her title shot.
She got injured (broke her leg hunting), she was supposed to fight Nunes months ago.
Before that she tore up her shoulder training and had to take the first half of 2017 off recovering.

Anyway, she's been out of action for legit reasons, not whining for an undeserved shot

Back