UFC Confirms Nunes/Pennington Will Serve As The Main Event For UFC 224 in Rio

Theyve been selling us women headliners and putting the good scraps under them to force the sell/agenda.

Why dont they put together an all womens card, make it a PPV. See how many folks are pumped and tune in for that....

misogyny intensifies...

So its not that fans are angry that Dana strongly hinted we would get Nunes/ Cyborg, an actual WMMA fight that fans were interested in & instead has replaced it with an easy title defence for Nunes? No, its Misogyny. Thank God you're here to explain that to us all.

What a shitty main event. gotta be one of the worst ever booked. sucks to be headlining a card with banger fights like Lyoto/Vitor, Jacare/Kelvin and Volkan/Glover. was really hoping RDA-Woodley would main event.
smh

Won't buy

Every time the UFC makes a WMMA headliner it saves me 70 bucks

Watch Rocky win and the UFC (and the fans) are left without the fight they actually want to see.
They do this shit too often with trying to count on certain fighters to win

In the Welsh language:

Ych y ffi.

For everyone else, pronounce that:

Ucccchhhh (make a throaty, phlegm noise) Uh veee.

In other words, disgusting or horrible.
Fuck this nonsense. I don't wanna live in a world when Pennington is considered a PPV headlining title contender. That's like Bruce Leroy fighting Max Holloway, talent-wise.

She got injured (broke her leg hunting), she was supposed to fight Nunes months ago.
Before that she tore up her shoulder training and had to take the first half of 2017 off recovering.

Anyway, she's been out of action for legit reasons, not whining for an undeserved shot
Oh ok, I don’t pay enough attention to WMMA to know these details. But thanks for clearing that up.

<DisgustingHHH>

Thats truly a bad PPV main event
thought cyborg vs noname was bad but this... oh wow... just really, really, really poor biz call. ANY of the other matches on main card would be better suitable.

I hate this headliner. I don't hate women, I hate the fact the product is diluted with lower quality wmma fights as headliners.
This is not a compelling matchup, whereas there are several fantastic, elite fighters below them that should be in the top spot.

ufc not bellator sotitle fights are always main events.

So much for the females aren't going to main event idea.
I predict a lot of people will be leaving the event early to "beat the traffic".

womans fights are main events all the time.

I think this fight will be competitive.
Also, the UFC should match up Ansaroff vs Torres in the same card. They're missing out.

Anyway, she's been out of action for legit reasons, not whining for an undeserved shot[/QUOTE]
Watch Rocky win and the UFC (and the fans) are left without the fight they actually want to see.
They do this shit too often with trying to count on certain fighters to win

wmma haters will say good no I don't have to see the 2 men fight each other.

ufc not bellator sotitle fights are always main events.
Don't care about that. I just stilll don't like it. My preference would be that lower tiered wmma championship fights are not headliners. Co main or opening fights IMO. Once the skill level catches up, then reappraise

Rocky is gonna get tooled. She’s good but not good enough. Was really wishing Nunes-Cyborg was the main event. That’s an interesting fight even though Cyborg will more than likely retire with no loses in the UFC.

The bout had already been confirmed, but it was never stated whether or not the bout would serve as the PPV card's Main Event.

It's official now. Meh. Buy-rate prediction?

12 people

Back