UFC Charlotte: Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Jailton Almeida, May 13

The co-main seems pretty straightforward to me. I think Johnny Walker has so many advantages against Smith. Athleticism, strength, speed, power, size, reach, youth, momentum, striking. I also like where Johnny Walker is mentally. He’s matured a lot.

Backing Walker is terrifying to me, although I see where you're coming from.

Backing Walker is terrifying to me, although I see where you're coming from.

Smith hasn’t KO’d anyone in half a decade. And those were the ghosts of Shogun & Rashad. His recent wins aren’t good either. Devin clark, ryan spann, and Jimmy crute are Bellator level fighters. I expect Walker to get finish similar to how Santos finished Smith several years back with a liver shot. Smith has a decent chin, but his body is weak and his liver is wide open to get hit

Going into the Blaydes/Pavlovich fight, the easy (and quite obvious) lock was that the main wouldn't go the distance, and I was ready to bet even with bad juice. When I saw DK had it at -1200, even I had to stop and say no.

I have to imagine the line won't be a whole lot different on this main event, I'm very curious to see it.
If Lavar Johnson vs Schaub and Ngannou vs Black Beast can go to the scorecards, anything is possible.

Not sure why nobody is talking about Matt Brown being a +185 underdog. Should be even odds in my opinion even though I have money on him.

Not sure why nobody is talking about Matt Brown being a +185 underdog. Should be even odds in my opinion even though I have money on him.

Everybody loves Matt and tries to see it realistic as possible though hard to see McGee beating the ones Matt lost. Court also lost to Saunders and Lima who Brown knocked out.

Everybody loves Matt and tries to see it realistic as possible though hard to see McGee beating the ones Matt lost. Court also lost to Saunders and Lima who Brown knocked out.
Saunders loss was a robbery to be fair. I'd say that the more worrying loss for Court is the Condit one, in which he didn't seem competitive from what I recall.

If Lavar Johnson vs Schaub and Ngannou vs Black Beast can go to the scorecards, anything is possible.

It sure is... I sometimes end a post with it... I know I did for my Andrade post last week... certainly didn't see a KO happening... as always, "anything is possible"... but this one looks very much like a finish.

Ian Garry is legit right? The next McGregor or something?
More likely Paddy Pimblett level. I think this is a favorable matchup for him tho. DRod is lowkey getting old.

The co-main seems pretty straightforward to me. I think Johnny Walker has so many advantages against Smith. Athleticism, strength, speed, power, size, reach, youth, momentum, striking. I also like where Johnny Walker is mentally. He’s matured a lot.
Walker definitely rounded up his game but I don't like the way he celebrated a decision loss to geriatric Thiago Santos.

Smith is also a bum and I'm his biggest hater in Sherdog but dude often find ways to win and Walker often find ways to lose.

Saunders loss was a robbery to be fair. I'd say that the more worrying loss for Court is the Condit one, in which he didn't seem competitive from what I recall.

Hmm cant recall the fight except it was close....

upload_2023-5-10_20-9-48.png

I'd say media had it in the middle.

The judges don't like Matt Brown.
If he doesn't get a finish, then he loses the decision.
Court McGee is not an easy fighter to finish, especially for Matt Brown.

Matt got robbed against Condit imo.

Smith hasn’t KO’d anyone in half a decade. And those were the ghosts of Shogun & Rashad. His recent wins aren’t good either. Devin clark, ryan spann, and Jimmy crute are Bellator level fighters. I expect Walker to get finish similar to how Santos finished Smith several years back with a liver shot. Smith has a decent chin, but his body is weak and his liver is wide open to get hit

Is it as weak as Cejudo’s though? That is the question.

It just doesn't take much to hurt Walker, that's all. I would lean him winning still.

Because McGee is bigger, has much better cardio, and is more durable especially at this stage in their respective careers. Brown’s only path to victory is a knockout whereas I could see a knockout, decision, or even a submission for McGee.

Is it as weak as Cejudo’s though? That is the question.

That’s funny , I would say yes. Cejudo impressed me, I didn’t expect him to look so good after a 3 year layoff. Or maybe sterling is overrated? Who knows

It just doesn't take much to hurt Walker, that's all. I would lean him winning still.

He’s been in the UFC for 5 years. Only got knocked out once to the current champion. The other finish was standing TKO to Corey Anderson which is no shame. Corey has legit power. Also didn’t Santos land clean on Walker? I’m not ever rewatching that fight but that was a sparring match from what I remember

You sure do love talking about livers!

We also shouldn't forget that Crute was giving Smith all he could handle and taking him down for fun in that first round. The kicks were good but that was a fluky finish. Ever since the absolute mauling he took from Glover I've had a real hard time with him. He seems to have selective memory and is way too confident in his skills. Also, Factory X is a horribly overrated team.

Back