UFC Charging $59.99 For UFC 168, 169, & 170

I used to enjoy buying the PPV's from the early UFC's, all the way up till the end of Pride. They only reached as high as $20 or $30 and most of the matches were main event worthy.

Now, since the UFC has cornered the market, they've gradually increased their prices, while watering down the cards. It was only a matter of time til it blew up in thier face and I'll be glad if it does.

zuffa zombies eating the shit up and still praising their god.

Made me spit out Coca-Cola on my Desk ffs !! LOOL , legend ... Wait for it ... Dary comment !!

If there was a like button on here I would Like the f#c

Yea same here. Do you reside in Asia/Australia by any chance?

I think we're getting it a bit easy at this point. Like basically it's free sampling for us.

But that's not going to last sadly. I'm certain the trial period will come to an end once they're content with their status in the Asian Market.

European here. Yeah, true that.

Dont know how the things will go in here, because I feel that in Finland UFC isn't that popular and of course not too much potential" anyway due to low population, when comparing to Asian countries for example. But we shall see, in the worst case they will drop UFC from the channel offering, if UFC starts to ask for too steep price and the amount of viewers isn't pleasing the channel provider.

The owner of my local bar says he pays $1400 a PPV. He generally gets 20-30 people max on a PPV night so he hates Dana. The only time I've ever seen him make money was for Gsp/Hendricks where there was like 300 people there and they were literally turning people away at the door. Other than that the guy is taking hits every PPV

Then he's a very bad business man. If something isn't making you money stop doing it.

How do Yanks feel that in the UK and Ireland we get it live completely free?

It isn't "completely free" exactly. You still have to pay a license fee(in the UK), you still have to buy cable or satellite TV, you still have to have the biggest TV package on Virgin or subscribe to BT Sport on Sky.

That said if the US fans are unhappy follow the UK method, don't buy PPV's. The UK has never had a big PPV market unless it was a huge UK superstar boxer like Hatton or Lennox Lewis and they still had to start out on free TV until they got big. Even then a PPV is only around $20 sometimes less.

Even Football(soccer) failed with PPV matches and football is like a religion here.

Stop paying and they will have to find a another business model.

Good that you enjoyed.

Was pretty much expecting to get hated by someone, writing that comment using the usual provocative internets style.

Lol the Zombies will probably try hate on you later but just ignore them . It amused me because it's true .. Too many People on here think Dana is some kind of Deity .. When he's in fact a Boxercise coach who is an average to good businessman who has powerful friends .

Simon Cowell has the same blind followers .. A lot of things which bring success in any Business is who you know not what you know . And Dana Knew the Fertitta's .

I don't hate on Dana but I don't appreciate his unprofessional attitude either , you said it straight and I appreciate that . Had to clean My desk though Lol .. Rarely actually Laugh out loud to a comment but that one was a rib tickler . Cheers.

lol, spid3yo come on, defend zuffa for this choice. Tell us it will go to the fighters...lol

Wow what a bunch of cheap losers.

You bums out there realize that you could get like 12 of your friends, have them all chip in like 5-6$ and you could all huddle around a tv and watch it together right?

But I guess its more fashionable to complain on a forum. Cheap-asses.

Gonna guess your under 22 years old who has a starter job and lives with his parents, OR Dana white himself?

Gonna guess your under 22 years old who has a starter job and lives with his parents, OR Dana white himself?

I'm 21 got a full time well paying job and I live with my Girlfriend yet I still agree with you , he's the kind of guy that always does what Uncle Dana says .

You could raise the price by the $100 and some morons would still pay it.

They don't understand it's about the Principle not the Price . I just leave them to it since they cant contribute anything useful to the discussion .

Even if Jones retires at 30 that's still 4 more years of fighting for him with between 8-10 more fights for him, so its not like Jones is retiring tomorrow.

What about the people that have no friends? What are they going to do??

We'll get by.

Anybody wanna come over for a PPV? You don't have to bring any food or booze. I'll even spring for coke and hookers.

Hardcore MMA fans are like the fat guy at the buffet no will power.

C'mon, man....you know you want to be a Dana White kinda guy. Borrow a couple of bucks from your bro or ebay some of those video games and cough up the extra change.

Life is Good

Dana White lies to the fans yet again, what a surprise. I guess he figures the suckers who buy these events will pay anything so why not rape them a little more.

UFC is also going to charge us to watch the lower tier overseas cards via new online network, they really love to nickel and dime us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back