UFC Charging $59.99 For UFC 168, 169, & 170

They're signing a ton of new fighters to put on a ton of events next year. That shit costs money so i figured they'd raise prices. Besides, sports bars exist for a reason. Buying the PPV isn't the only way to view it.

Not everybody wants to watch it with some drunk guys yelling " Stand them up, fucking pussies laying on each other."

Wow what a bunch of cheap losers.

You bums out there realize that you could get like 12 of your friends, have them all chip in like 5-6$ and you could all huddle around a tv and watch it together right?

But I guess its more fashionable to complain on a forum. Cheap-asses.

Yea it's getting old now. I'm sometimes fat blob sitting in the basement, other times i'm a 120pound guy who doesn't understand cardio. I've been advised to delete my account, kill myself, and also to stop hating my life.

I've seen the Michael Jordan laughing gif about 30 times as a response to something I write. hah.

It's really getting old at this point. And I haven't even really been here that long.

Welcome to Sherdog, brohan. Been on here since 2009. Some things never change.

Will wait and see what UFC has to say if this is true or not, hope its not but understand if it is.

Boxing has also raised the prices, Floyd is 70-75, think Manny fight was 65 or more and the JMM/Tim fight was probably 60.

Not everybody wants to watch it with some drunk guys yelling " Stand them up, fucking pussies laying on each other."

Agreed. I stopped going to Tilted Kilt / BW3's because you're no more than 10 feet from a table of tapout bros, all fresh from their tanning beds and gym sesh. Tiny calves and all..

There's a cigar bar by my house w/ a BYOB rule. Generally 12-15 guys there on Saturday nights who just cheer during fights.

Wow what a bunch of cheap losers.

You bums out there realize that you could get like 12 of your friends, have them all chip in like 5-6$ and you could all huddle around a tv and watch it together right?

But I guess its more fashionable to complain on a forum. Cheap-asses.

Out of the 8 to 10 of us that used to watch all the PPV cards 2 years ago, now there are only 2 or 3 remaining.

A couple times this year I was unable to get any of them to attend.

People change.

Dana did anounce it is a one time thing, anyways it will just make more people streaming it for free, bad move.

if the numbers on that site are right, take out the 2 GSP events and you are at 350.5k buys per event. Just a slight drop from last year at 366.8k buys per event. I'm sure they did studies to find out what a $5.00 increase would likely do to the number of buys but to me it doesn't make sense. Seems as though it will encourage casual fans to watch the free events and skip PPVs which would just slow the growth of the UFC(MMA) because they miss seeing some of the elite fighters that want to stick to PPVs because of the bonus system.

I only really end up going to BWW for the events I really want to see. I mean if I'm going to plunk that much down for a night of fights I had better also get a bunch of beers and food along with the deal.

I get it for 168 and 169 because they both have two title fights, but 170 doesn't even have one. It should be cheaper if anything.

They should knock $5 off.

Where's your Christmas spirit, Dana?

UFC, particularly MMA is, (sad to say) on an overall decline.

What is this so-called decline? 2013 was a great year for MMA. Also, I believe after 168 there will have been more PPV buys this year than last year.

Losing cults of personality that they have banked on for years, like GSP and eventually, Anderson Silva will hurt it badly.

People said the same thing when guys like Liddell, Couture and Ortiz were stepping down. Others will come along. But I guess the UFC is more focused on expanding globally than marketing stars now.

Jones says he doesn't want to fight past 30. Ronda wants to do movies. None of this is what the UFC wants to hear.

Jones is 26, and he could always change his mind. So what about Ronda? The UFC just added a new division that has a number of attractive females, and their personalities likely aren't nearly as off-putting as Rousey's.

I'm not going to say much about the raise in price beyond 168 until it's confirmed.

ill be glued to sherdog PBP, shits all over watching it live anyways

Back