UFC Boxing Edition Version 3

Its funny how Werdum/Miocic made the front page of NBC, not a peep from boxing. Nothing on Canelo/Khan.

The media and public just arent interested in boxing right now

MMA is bigger here in the states, has been for a while. Boxing is much bigger globally though.

MMA is bigger here in the states, has been for a while. Boxing is much bigger globally though.
MMA has only been bigger for 1 year (since Mayweather vs Pacquiao).

I cant see boxing truly recovering from that, mostly because both Floyd and Pacquiao started in an era when boxing was actually bigger than MMA.

Outside of Floyd's comeback, I think MMA will always be the bigger sport than boxing from now on, permanently. I wouldnt say boxing will die out like kickboxing, but it definitely takes 2nd place to MMA.

Damn you guys are annoying as fuck, everything is nothing but negativity. It's every fight card. Then cry when people from the heavies come into boxing threads and shit on boxing, bunch of hypocrites. You obviously don't like mma, stick to watching boxing. Stop taking shots at a sport you don't like.

Damn bro. Is it that time of the month?

Let's be honest it was a pretty shitty card.

The main event ended by one of dumbest ways possible. I'm not mad dude won. He chased him 2 times, like I'll just keep running at you. Wtf

Side note. Re watched some pride. Fuck I got spoiled more we get this watered down shit and call it the best

Let's be honest it was a pretty shitty card.

The main event ended by one of dumbest ways possible. I'm not mad dude won. He chased him 2 times, like I'll just keep running at you. Wtf

Side note. Re watched some pride. Fuck I got spoiled more we get this watered down shit and call it the best

Yeah, two top 5 HW's and MW's is watered down, makes a lot of sense. The card had two top ten WW's on the fucking prelim card lol It definitely wasn't a shitty card, the undercard was great, Alves vs Barbarena was a scrap, Shogun looked better than he has in years, Cyborg made her debut and got a first round KO, Jacare beat the shit out of Vitor in dominating fashion and Miocic had a beautiful counter punch KO. There was a ton of excitement on the card, nothing shitty about it. This is mma, not boxing, it's not the same sport.

Nah, but this shit is tired as fuck and played out. It's the same shit every fight card. Same guys come in here and talk shit and spew hate and take cheap shots.

I was fine with everything really but Werdum fought extremely dumb

Yeah, two top 5 HW's and MW's is watered down, makes a lot of sense. The card had two top ten WW's on the fucking prelim card lol It definitely wasn't a shitty card, the undercard was great, Alves vs Barbarena was a scrap, Shogun looked better than he has in years, Cyborg made her debut and got a first round KO, Jacare beat the shit out of Vitor in dominating fashion and Miocic had a beautiful counter punch KO. There was a ton of excitement on the card, nothing shitty about it. This is mma, not boxing, it's not the same sport.

Shogun is a complete shell of himself. And please don't talk about rankings when the ufc has anderson Silva ranked and hasn't won a fight in years.

Vitor is old and busted.

Werdum was the only elite hw and he fought like a rookie.

The hw division is so bad right now fucking arloski almost got a title shot. Arloski is nowhere near his prime.

The way the hw div looks fedor could come out and whoop everyone.

This is the worst I've seen mma in awhile. Pride shits on these fights

Chuck liddell should come out of retirement. He would probably be ranked 7th. Since ufc rankings are shit

I was fine with everything really but Werdum fought extremely dumb

He did, he normally fights much more composed and measured than that. He blitzed like that once or twice before that and landed some hard right hands, I don't know if he felt he got catch him and knock him out if he pushed him back in straight lines or what. He has good muay thai and an excellent clinch but boxing isn't his strength. HW mma it only takes one.

Shogun is a complete shell of himself. And please don't talk about rankings when the ufc has anderson Silva ranked and hasn't won a fight in years.

Vitor is old and busted.

Werdum was the only elite hw and he fought like a rookie.

The hw division is so bad right now fucking arloski almost got a title shot. Arloski is nowhere near his prime.

The way the hw div looks fedor could come out and whoop everyone.

This is the worst I've seen mma in awhile. Pride shits on these fights

Vitor had only lost to Jones, Silva and Weidman in the last ten years. Jacare can do that to almost anyone, especially someone who doesn't have a great guard. Shogun isn't nearly what he was in 2010 but he put on a good performance, he landed two knockdowns and fought a technical fight. He isn't going to fight for a title or anything but he had a nice performance over a young up and comer. Anderson Silva lost to Weidman twice, and lost a razor close decision to Bisping in a fight where he knocked him dead and the fight should have been stopped. If he loses to someone much lower ranked then yeah, bump him down. I don't think you understand how rankings work, if you lose to top 5 guys you don't drop, nor should you. Pride was a bunch of freak show fights, some of which were fixed. Cro Cop was one of the top guys in the world there and got knocked out by everyone in the UFC. They has some great fights, a lot of fun ones. But the majority of them were one fights where guys had huge holes in their game which got exposed badly, a bunch of one dimensional fighters. MMA fighters are better and more well rounded than they ever have been, the sport has evolved over the years.

He did, he normally fights much more composed and measured than that. He blitzed like that once or twice before that and landed some hard right hands, I don't know if he felt he got catch him and knock him out if he pushed him back in straight lines or what. He has good muay thai and an excellent clinch but boxing isn't his strength. HW mma it only takes one.

I thought maybe he hurt himself. That would be the only reason if there was one

Dissapointing card imo, only exciting thing was seeing Cyborg debut, despite of the blow out, and seeing Shogun get a win.

This is the type of stupid shit I'm talking about, completely uncalled for and childish.

Don't blame me. Blame the ufc for theRe shit rankings. Completely retarded.

You don't need to be there cheer leader. We know you love them but you have to unbiased at times.

Shit is shit no matter what reasoning you use to pretend it's better.

I was happy Shogun won and glad Vitor lost, hes a cheat. The main was a let down for me. I only watched the main card, I cant watch all the fights for a PPV anymore it bores me. That goes for boxing too. I guess Im a casual.

Nah, but this shit is tired as fuck and played out. It's the same shit every fight card. Same guys come in here and talk shit and spew hate and take cheap shots.
Cmon, I said the cyborg fight was a snoozer because she knocked her out before she entered the octagon. Note to reebok white, don't shout "fuck you I came here to do a job and I did it" when your boss was pretending the fight was a challenge.

I missed when Belfort was meant to be good. He's 6-4 in the last 5 years. But didn't expect such an early finish.

Werdum can't strike, either that or his coach was Usain Bolt.

Now coming in on the next
Day .

1. The card was as bad as I expected
2. Maia deserves a title shot.
3. Werdum was influenced by the crowd
He should stick to counter striking and his ground game.
5. Happy for Cyborg want to see what's next for her.

Next card should be very good and I expect that one to be a good ppv card worth buying

I was happy Shogun won and glad Vitor lost, hes a cheat. The main was a let down for me. I only watched the main card, I cant watch all the fights for a PPV anymore it bores me. That goes for boxing too. I guess Im a casual.

Nothing wrong with that . It's the promoters job to get you to get excited for the undercard if they don't it's there fault

Its crazy how this card did the same amount of trends and tweets as Canelo/Khan (200k). Just goes to show how big the UFC is, when their lowest card matches boxing's biggest card.

Then that doesn't bold well for this card since Lawyer vs Conduit did a guesstimate of 300 ppv buys.

Back