UFC Boxing Edition Version 3

When I just said I've watched his fights why are you telling me to look at his resume?

When you say something like it was embarrassing, I say look at who he's beaten. He's not a great boxer, but he's a great fighter which is all that matters.

When you say something like it was embarrassing, I say look at who he's beaten. He's not a great boxer, but he's a great fighter which is all that matters.
That's what made his performance embarrassing. The fact he had no business getting caught like that.

He just signed with Bellator, was supposed to fight yesterday but he had an illness or something. I think Sergei was one win away from fighting in the olympics?

I think he was. Had he won gold in that final bout instead of settling for silver at the Asian Championships in 2004 then I believe he would have qualified. His amateur boxing accomplishments are leaps and bounds better than what Miocic did. Or any dedicated MMA fighter really.

That's what made his performance embarrassing. The fact he had no business getting caught like that.

You're right, he fell into a trap. That straightforward blitz worked before and allowed him to land a few hard shots, but Stipe adjusted and with HW's it only takes one. Werdum is much better when he stays at range, like he did against Travis Browne and Cain. He doesn't do very well in boxing range. I think either Rothwell or Barnett would be good fights for him next.

I think he was. Had he won gold in that final bout instead of settling for silver at the Asian Championships in 2004 then I believe he would have qualified. His amateur boxing accomplishments are leaps and bounds better than what Miocic did. Or any dedicated MMA fighter really.

I'm surprised he didn't pursue a pro boxing career, he has a good style and really heavy hands.

I'm surprised he didn't pursue a pro boxing career, he has a good style and really heavy hands.

He may have done okay in the pros if he was dedicated to it enough. Who knows. With some good matchmaking he could have been positioned for a couple of big paydays if he had the right people behind him. He beat some guys in the amateurs who went to the pros and had some mild success. Being the tough brawler type with some good power his style was better suited to the pro game than amateurs like you allude to.

So older fighters can't be quality fighters? That's what you're saying? Anyone over 33 should be discounted then I guess.

There is a big difference between still being a capable fighter and being the centerpieces of the greatest card ever. To call a card great because it features shogun and Vitor in 2016 just does not make any sense to me at all.

Vitor is a shell of himself at this age without his steroids, that guy has been juiced since I was a kid. Shogun is completely shot, he looked awful out there with Nog.

Silva was on the card, but he's 1-3 in his last 4.

So that means the card relies on Cyborg, who is exciting to see in the UFC, and Werdum the crafty old guy.

People were really saying this was one of the greatest cards ever, off pure name recognition. I have no idea what to make of that.

There is a big difference between still being a capable fighter and being the centerpieces of the greatest card ever. To call a card great because it features shogun and Vitor in 2016 just does not make any sense to me at all.

Vitor is a shell of himself at this age without his steroids, that guy has been juiced since I was a kid. Shogun is completely shot, he looked awful out there with Nog.

Silva was on the card, but he's 1-3 in his last 4.

So that means the card relies on Cyborg, who is exciting to see in the UFC, and Werdum the crafty old guy.

People were really saying this was one of the greatest cards ever, off pure name recognition. I have no idea what to make of that.

I never said it was the best card of all time, I just thought it was a very good card. Vitor isn't a shell of himself, he's always struggled on the ground and in the last ten years has only lost to 4 guys who were all monsters. Silva 1-3 in his last 4, lost to Weidman twice who is a top ten p4p guy and knocked bisping out when they fought. Shogun fought well last night, landed two knockdowns and fought a technical fight, good tdd and grappling for the most part. He's not as good as he was in 2010 but that was a quality showing last night. The card relied on the HW title, two top 5 MW's and the debut of cyborg. It also had a good prelim card with Maia vs Brown and Lineker vs Font on there. There were quality match ups throughout the card. I thought the card was about an 8 on paper, and played out as about a 7 or 7.5, that's my opinion.

Not sure who you give the next MW title shot to, could go to either Yoel Romero or Jacare.

Not sure who you give the next MW title shot to, could go to either Yoel Romero or Jacare.

Regardless of circumstances surrounding the whole ordeal, you can't give it to Romero coming off a suspension for having a banned substance in his system. It's got to be Jacare if it's one of those two.

Jacare.

I never said it was the best card of all time, I just thought it was a very good card. Vitor isn't a shell of himself, he's always struggled on the ground and in the last ten years has only lost to 4 guys who were all monsters. Silva 1-3 in his last 4, lost to Weidman twice who is a top ten p4p guy and knocked bisping out when they fought. Shogun fought well last night, landed two knockdowns and fought a technical fight, good tdd and grappling for the most part. He's not as good as he was in 2010 but that was a quality showing last night. The card relied on the HW title, two top 5 MW's and the debut of cyborg. It also had a good prelim card with Maia vs Brown and Lineker vs Font on there. There were quality match ups throughout the card. I thought the card was about an 8 on paper, and played out as about a 7 or 7.5, that's my opinion.

Silva was stopped twice by Weidman and lost to Bisping fair and square. Why do you keep saying he knocked Bisping out? Being unhappy with the result does not change what happened.

Vitor got steamrolled by Weidman without his juice, then beat up a 45 year old.

Shogun was the walking dead against Nog. He was once very good, but he's shot. He can still have his fun, and people can watch, but he's not capable of adding value to a PPV in my opinion.

Cyborg needs some opponents. She could be a lot of fun. Get her in there with Holly Holm as soon as possible.

I like Stipe winning. A younger, healthier champion. The heavyweight division needs more explosiveness.

Rob Will try to filibuster why every card is good to amazing . No other opinion is valid .

I had low expectations for this card and it delivered right were I expected except the main card .

Very amateurish and it hurt mma to casual fans . Lots of casuals just laughed because Werdum was being described as the best heavyweight of all time then saw him running face first only to face plant

I don't see Miocic having a long reign if any title defense .

Currently mma heavyweight division is in a bad spot neither in the rebuilding faze nor a long reigning champion in its helm .

Regardless of circumstances surrounding the whole ordeal, you can't give it to Romero coming off a suspension for having a banned substance in his system. It's got to be Jacare if it's one of those two.
Jac deserves that shit over everyone

Jacare is next in line, followed by Whittaker (who likely faces Bisping next.)

Knock Knock.
Hi Im Rob Jenkins, can I talk to you about the Word of Dana and how for $59.99 each month you can watch the greatest MMA (Door Slams)
Lol this too funny

Knock Knock.
Hi Im Rob Jenkins, can I talk to you about the Word of Dana and how for $59.99 each month you can watch the greatest MMA (Door Slams)

Bet you bought that Berto fight and had a semi the whole time, hop off my dick pussy. And fuck you Marc for liking that.

I didn't think the card was great or anything special, just a good card that was exciting.

Back