UFC announced Tony/Khabib will NOT be for the REAL belt at UFC 223. Press conference this FRIDAY.

How long of a camp does that give Khabib after Ramadan?

Seems like its rigged for Conor to have a better chance
I don’t know how long Ramadan is compared to when they want the fight in September but my guess is there will be enough time. Probably helps khabib too. Less time for him to put on weight so he doesn’t have much of a chance to miss it.

I wouldn’t call it rigged. I would call it the UFC being smart and placing the unification bout in Russia vs Brooklyn

Honestly I don't really care, Khabib and Tony have proven a lot more at LW so whether its for the interim or "real" belt its the best fight to make at LW so as long we get to see it I'm happy.

I don’t know how long Ramadan is compared to when they want the fight in September but my guess is there will be enough time. Probably helps khabib too. Less time for him to put on weight so he doesn’t have much of a chance to miss it.

I wouldn’t call it rigged. I would call it the UFC being smart and placing the unification bout in Russia vs Brooklyn
I think Ramadan is sometime in late spring or early summer.

Without question it is. The money they stand to make from having the eventual unification bout in Russia vs Brooklyn is ridiculous. If khabib wins the interim belt, the PPV and gate record get broken again. Russia will go bananas.
What time of day would they have to air that ppv though.

Wow... I can't say I'm shocked though. Sad that this is the state of this division, that a healthy champ refuses to defend his belt against any contender.

Such a joke.

What a fucking joke. Khabib and Tony should boycott the UFC.

This makes me so happy!!!!

Seeing the triggered sherdorks makes this even better: )

Conor was going to fight the winner anyway, so what does it matter if he keeps the belt? Nothing has changed. I like it better this way, so if/when Conor beats Khabib/Tony, it will be considered an official title defense. Then haters will have nothing left to use against Conor. "Bu bu but title defense" will finally end and be no more. Amazing times !

Is that worth it if they lose fans and market share for stunts like this?
Would you really stop watching the UFC just because Khabib vs Tony is for the interim belt? I honestly don't care what they call the belt, I'm just hype we finally get to see this fight. These two guys have two of the best runs at LW, champ or not, so its one of the best LW title fights ever even though its for an interim belt. That's how dope LW is, the interim title fights are better than many legit title fights in other divisions.

No. UFC just announced Tony defends his interim title
Tony's wins in UFC LW division: 13, 10 fight win streak(longest in UFC history)
Khabib's wins @LW: 9, undefeated
Conor's wins @LW: 1

Don't matter what they call the belt, Khabib and Tony are the two best LWs in the UFC right now.

Why not Tony vs Khabib( both real mma fighters) in Russia ? I know Conor sells but he's a fraud who's been protected by Sean shelbty and Dana ,Joe Silva , Conor's act is Bs He's just a big mouth never fought real competition only where's he's had advantadge over his opponents beating up on midgets

There you go with your MMA prowess again...
Doing nothing more than sucking Irish taint, over and over, and over.
This shit IS rigged.....

I know it’s in the summer time but I don’t know how long it lasts vs the time in September they plan to have the fight
Its between the dates May 15th to June 14th, give or take a day.

They will still Air it for 10 pm est. it will just be during the day in Russia most likely. They’ve had ppvs in Australia and in The Middle East. Russia will be no different

Conor is training currently. Fact.
Conor has stated his next fight will be in MMA. Fact.
Conor wants a fight in Russia. Fact.
Dana’s words point to a Conor return in September in Russia. Fact
every time you use the word fact everything you say gets a little bit less credible

Back