*** UFC 297: Sean Strickland vs. DDP - Who Did You Think Won Mega Thread ***

Who did you think should have won the fight?

• Dricus

Votes: 196 48.9%
  • Strickland

Votes: 205 51.1%

• Total voters
for me, strickland won, barely but he did

Lol I got shocked with Twitter comments and buffer decision.
I had it 4-1 Strickland.
DDP barely touches him in the 1st, in the 2nd he pressure just for the last 30 seconds, 3 could be either way, but I got Strickland.
4th was the best for DDP, and 5th could go to either too, but I scored for Sean.
That's a big robbery in my opinion

On first watch, thought it was a robbery from Strickland. Just had a proper rewatch:
-Strickland won rounds 1 & 5
-DDP won rounds 2 & 3
-Round 4 was a real tossup

Strickland really wasted rounds 2 & 3. He defended about 80% of DDP’s offense, but barely gave anything back. DDP didn’t win those rounds through activity; Strickland lost those due to inactivity. Sean could have stolen those rounds if he tried harder.

Big waste from Sean, and not a robbery

On first watch, thought it was a robbery from Strickland. Just had a proper rewatch:
-Strickland won rounds 1 & 5
-DDP won rounds 2 & 3
-Round 4 was a real tossup

Strickland really wasted rounds 2 & 3. He defended about 80% of DDP’s offense, but barely gave anything back. DDP didn’t win those rounds through activity; Strickland lost those due to inactivity. Sean could have stolen those rounds if he tried harder.

Big waste from Sean, and not a robbery
4 round was the only clear rounds for DDP DeSean won 1 and 5 easily 2,3 were close but Imo Sean

No you.

Make a poll.

Who won 5th.

Easy to score. Sean actually opened up in the 5th.
I suggest you rewatch the fight and stop reinforcing your biased interpretation of the fight.

You literally think that Covington beat Edwards, so you should probably just stop scoring fights and just enjoy the ride.

lol @ the people pretending that running away and jabbing is enough to win a convincing decision

Strickland fans are letting their political opinions warp their perception of reality IMO

It was a close fight. I would definitely like to see it again. I feel like I'm in the minority of thinking this was a exciting fight.Both dudes came to fight even with seeing in one eye

most of stricklands significant strikers where on rd 1
after that he went downhill
rd 2 3 4 clear ddp rd
the agressor who throws more powerful punches
sean backpedal for almost 4 rds

It was a close fight. I would definitely like to see it again. I feel like I'm in the minority of thinking this was a exciting fight.
I don't know about that. It won Fight of the Night and most reasonable MMA fans enjoyed it IMO.

1 - Clear Stickland
2 - Close, gave it to DDP as he started to find his groove
3 - DDP but close
4 - Clear DDP
5 - Pretty clear Strickland

I suggest you rewatch the fight and stop reinforcing your biased interpretation of the fight.

You literally think that Covington beat Edwards, so you should probably just stop scoring fights and just enjoy the ride.

I never said Colby beat Edwards.

Why lie? As a man, you have to stand on truth.

If you think DDP won the 5th round, you're lying again.

Great projection of who you are onto others, champ.

Go ahead, make the poll about the 5th round.

I never said Colby beat Edwards.

Why lie? As a man, you have to stand on truth.

If you think DDP won the 5th round, you're lying again.

Great projection of who you are onto others, champ.

Go ahead, make the poll about the 5th round.
5th round was a hell of a lot closer than you seem to think it was. Du Plessis doesn't need it though.

Du Plessis 2,3,4

imo... a TD is about the scoring equivalent of a solid strike to teh head.

DDP embodied teh folly with the scoring system, saying that he felt like his TD's easily won him the fight, and he was confused as to why it was split.

Problem is that he didn't do jack shit with his TD's. You get zero points for "control." You get a moderate credit for the TD itself. From there, you have to strike, attempt submissions, or at the least advance your position in order to score more.

Anyone calling it a robbery is being a drama queen.
A debatable decision, yeah. A robbery? Not even close.
Anyone calling someone else a drama queen is projecting. A calculated response? With some juice thrown in it? Sure. Drama Queen? That's how you perceive it, Drama Queen Machado.

I had Strickland but it’s too close to call.

I feel like the champ should get the benefit of the doubt if it’s this close
Scored round by round makes this borderline cheating the score cards.

Anyone calling someone else a drama queen is projecting. A calculated response? With some juice thrown in it? Sure. Drama Queen? That's how you perceive it, Drama Queen Machado.
HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A DRAMA QUEEN????

I had Strickland 1-3-5 but it was a really close fight. Overall, I felt like Sean had the rounds to win but DDP looked better over the overall fight, so I don’t mind the decision much. Point fighters need to learn to take it out of the hands of the judges rather than complain whenever they’re on the wrong side of a close fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back