UFC 224, who you payin $65 to see?

My girl ABC.

worth a download boys.

Let the market decide. If the product is not up to snuff, let the owners know with your wallet.

I used to buy every PPV, because there were only 4 a year. I still believe there are only enough truly interesting match ups for 4 PPV a year. The other 40 cards belong on cable TV where fighters can grow fan bases and build contenders into PPV stars.

I’m not interested in the two Brazilian senior citizens fighting. They’re probably gonna be nice to eachother and it’ll be a boring decision.

Yep, "payday" fight. A bit embarassing, but if anyone deserves one, it's these guys.

I don’t like using streams cuz they will lag or fuck up in the middle of the fight and I miss the knockout or something.

I might just do that for this card though, since it’s a pile of shit and UFC doesnt deserve my money.

Bobby Cooper couldn’t figure out to sink in a RNC if her life depended on it. It was fucking pathetic watching her get confused on how to simply sink in hooks.

And now she’s PPV worthy? The bitch was 2-3 not long ago.

World-Class martial arts at its finest. They actually trying to sell that skill level of combat is atrocious

I was gonna order it until colby and rda was moved.

I mean I love mma but come on dude. Even the prelims are trash on this card, for a PPV. I think thats important to remember. This isnt a fight night card. Dern was just fighting in LFA 3 months ago and now shes main card worthy? Maybe the booty but cooper's fights have been SO BAD. she has heart but no talent.

A good test for PPV's is you should be able to take 2-3 fights from that main card and be able to make that fight a fight night headliner. If you cant, its not really a stacked card.
Come on now!
You are trying to tell me that picking the worst fights in a PPV card should be able to Main event a free card night? That's crazy talk! Show me what card this happens! Almost NEVER, bar some few events like NY/MSG or a couple of others in the past years!

Like I said, Machida, Vitor, Jacare, Kelvin... each one is main-event worthy on a PPV card, and you got all 4 plus a championship fight.
Now, I never said it was a great card, but this is far from terrible.

That is the first time i'm looking at this Main-Card, while thinking:"is it worth 65bucks??"

Hell naw man!

To be honest...the FightNight with Frankie, Cub, Justin and Dustin looked probably better

But i ain't paying 65 bucks anyway....so...i kinda feel bad for the ones who will...

But you never know!
Don't judge the card before you watch the card!

Come on now!
You are trying to tell me that picking the worst fights in a PPV card should be able to Main event a free card night? That's crazy talk! Show me what card this happens! Almost NEVER, bar some few events like NY/MSG or a couple of others in the past years!

Like I said, Machida, Vitor, Jacare, Kelvin... each one is main-event worthy on a PPV card, and you got all 4 plus a championship fight.
Now, I never said it was a great card, but this is far from terrible.
No, thats not what I said. Out of the 5 fights on the main card, 2-3 of those 5 should be top 10 fighters and should be able to be substituted for a UFC fight night card. Thats how you get stacked cards. A year or two ago they couldnt have a ppv card without all top 10 fighters on the main card. I just still expect the same to ask me to spend my money on the card, especially when you raise the price but drop the quality.

You could argue the linkeker and jacare fights meet this criteria, but would either of those fights be good main events for a fight night? It would be a tough sell but we have seen about equal.

No, thats not what I said. Out of the 5 fights on the main card, 2-3 of those 5 should be top 10 fighters and should be able to be substituted for a UFC fight night card. Thats how you get stacked cards. A year or two ago they couldnt have a ppv card without all top 10 fighters on the main card. I just still expect the same to ask me to spend my money on the card, especially when you raise the price but drop the quality.

You could argue the linkeker and jacare fights meet this criteria, but would either of those fights be good main events for a fight night? It would be a tough sell but we have seen about equal.
please, go back and tell me which cards were that much better than Vitor, jacare, Machida, Kelvin, Nunes. Pennington, Lineker and Thales Leites (all fighters who main evented PPV cards before)...

I really think you are either forgetting the cards we had or we have a very different view on what are good fighters....

65 bucks for a UFC card that will be available for free in HD 720p a hour and a half later

Even for five dollars I would still hesitate to purchase a UFC event with my fav fighters in it.

65 is the full price of a PS4 game that can give you up to hundreds of hours of entertainment.

65 is higher than a live concert ticket, hell, it's even higher than the first price of UFC live event tickets.

I spent 120 bucks for a VIP ticket at the K1 WGP third row from the ring when Cro Cop won the GP. I could hear each shot of the fight live.

That's the price of two UFC PPV's on a freakin TV screen. WTF

Anyone that doesn't buy this ppv is a damn casual that should be shot on sight

UFC 224? $65 would be better spent on a cheap hooker.

I'm going to say the Lineker fight is the best... Kelleher will fight with him & we all know Lineker is game. This has FOTN written all over it.

Nunes by KO rd 1... maybe rd 2 cause Pennington is pretty tough... but I don't see Pennington hanging with her & so this seems like a pretty clear domination.

I'm interested in Gastelum/Souza but this feels like a stall fest... however, I'd like to be wrong.

The old timers opening the card will be a fun OG match up. I hope they both show up. This would've been a headliner & super exciting a decade ago.

OMG Dern is on the PPV with that horrible striking from her last fight. :eek: I'm so embarrassed for her I can barely justify her being in the UFC much less on the main card of a PPV. I understand grappling is her thing... but the first real striker she faces will absolutely maul her. I was a little interested for her debut cause I never saw her, but now I have less than zero interest.

Not a chance. Very rare a PPV is interesting enough in 2018 to pay $65 with all the free MMA out there. 223 in its original form was the only card I can think of in 2018 with $65, but then we saw it fall apart the week of and it was on the level of a UFC on Fox card.

Glad I'm in UK, we get UFC events live on BT Sport which I get free with my internet connection :)

That card sucks and I wouldn't pay $6.50 for it never mind $65

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back