UFC 224, who you payin $65 to see?

definitely not this

giphy.gif
Who's ass

I really don't like to nitpick like that.
It is never one fighter who makes me fork U$60.00+, it is the overall card.

And I am sorry, but Vitor & Machida have A LOT of name power, and that counts for something.
They are fucking legends, and most people should happy to see these legends fight.
Kelvin & Jacare is an amazing fight that has top contender all over it.
The fact they are not even the main event only shows the card is not as bad as you would like to cry about.

If you compare with the average card we've been watching over the past few years, this is a good card.

I’m in the business of watching modern day competition. I’m a young competitor myself, I would rather watch and learn from today’s fighters.

I’m not star struck with ‘legends.’

It’s like, why would I pay to watch a bunch of old retired basketball players?

I’m in the business of watching modern day competition. I’m a young competitor myself, I would rather watch and learn from today’s fighters.

I’m not star struck with ‘legends.’

It’s like, why would I pay to watch a bunch of old retired basketball players?
the problem with your theory is that:
1) they are not retired.
2) you learn from veterans, not from young guys who lack experience.
3) If you are a competitor, you watch those who can show you something, not someone that, like you, are learning.

please, go back and tell me which cards were that much better than Vitor, jacare, Machida, Kelvin, Nunes. Pennington, Lineker and Thales Leites (all fighters who main evented PPV cards before)...

I really think you are either forgetting the cards we had or we have a very different view on what are good fighters....
The last fight card to fall apart other than 223 (seems like the last few have fallen apart) UFC 222 was a much better card on paper. There are quite a few more names on this card compared to 224. Most of them being ranked. Even this card doesnt meet my critera though cause really only 2 of these fights could headline a fight night, the co-main and main event. Again were not talking about good fighters, were talking about PPV Quality fights. There are lots of good fighters that dont belong on a PPV main card YET. The time will come for some of these fighters but again, the ufc is asking me to pay for this so they need to give us top 10 matchups.

Like I stated earlier, this card would be MUCH better if RDA vs Covington was on it, but he talked so much shit he couldnt find the balls to fly down to brazil and now needs security to fight in the states.

Women's Featherweight Cris Cyborg (c) def. Yana Kunitskaya TKO (punches) 1 3:25 [a]
Featherweight Brian Ortega def. Frankie Edgar KO (punch) 1 4:44
Bantamweight Sean O’Malley def. Andre Soukhamthath Decision (unanimous) (29-27, 29-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Heavyweight Andrei Arlovski def. Stefan Struve Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 30-27) 3 5:00
Women's Bantamweight Ketlen Vieira def. Cat Zingano Decision (split) (28-29, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Women's Strawweight Mackenzie Dern def. Ashley Yoder Decision (split) (28-29, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00
Lightweight Alexander Hernandez def. Beneil Dariush KO (punch) 1 0:42
Bantamweight John Dodson def. Pedro Munhoz Decision (split) (28-29, 30-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Middleweight C. B. Dollaway def. Hector Lombard DQ (illegal punches) 1 5:00 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_222#cite_note-14
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Welterweight Zak Ottow def. Mike Pyle TKO (punches) 1 2:34
Bantamweight Cody Stamann def. Bryan Caraway Decision (split) (28-29, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00
Light Heavyweight Jordan Johnson def. Adam Milstead Decision (split) (29-28, 27-30, 29-28) 3 5:00

The last fight card to fall apart other than 223 (seems like the last few have fallen apart) UFC 222 was a much better card on paper. There are quite a few more names on this card compared to 224. Most of them being ranked. Even this card doesnt meet my critera though cause really only 2 of these fights could headline a fight night, the co-main and main event. Again were not talking about good fighters, were talking about PPV Quality fights. There are lots of good fighters that dont belong on a PPV main card YET. The time will come for some of these fighters but again, the ufc is asking me to pay for this so they need to give us top 10 matchups.

Like I stated earlier, this card would be MUCH better if RDA vs Covington was on it, but he talked so much shit he couldnt find the balls to fly down to brazil and now needs security to fight in the states.

Women's Featherweight Cris Cyborg (c) def. Yana Kunitskaya TKO (punches) 1 3:25 [a]
Bantamweight Sean O’Malley def. Andre Soukhamthath Decision (unanimous) (29-27, 29-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Heavyweight Andrei Arlovski def. Stefan Struve Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 30-27) 3 5:00
Women's Bantamweight Ketlen Vieira def. Cat Zingano Decision (split) (28-29, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00
Women's Strawweight Mackenzie Dern def. Ashley Yoder Decision (split) (28-29, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00
Bantamweight John Dodson def. Pedro Munhoz Decision (split) (28-29, 30-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Middleweight C. B. Dollaway def. Hector Lombard DQ (illegal punches) 1 5:00
Bantamweight Cody Stamann def. Bryan Caraway Decision (split) (28-29, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00
Light Heavyweight Jordan Johnson def. Adam Milstead Decision (split) (29-28, 27-30, 29-28) 3 5:00
One thing I realized about the matchups above, most of these fighters are new guys fighting ufc veterans so that may sway my opinion some and gives name recognition up and down the card which is something that is important to me.

the problem with your theory is that:
1) they are not retired.
2) you learn from veterans, not from young guys who lack experience.
3) If you are a competitor, you watch those who can show you something, not someone that, like you, are learning.

They should be retired, if it wasn’t for the terrible fighter pay.

Which veteran would you like me to learn from? You want me to fight with my hands down and chin up like Machida? Or try to punch out of full mount? They’re old and feeble, there’s no point in watching them fight. I can learn from them in a gym setting but not while they’re performing.

I can learn plenty from the new generation like young Max who’s footwork allows him to avoid being taken down. They’re ahead of learning curve.

You got shit backwards. I’ll go about my opinions and I don’t see why you think I’m not allowed to have one?

Middleweight C. B. Dollaway def. Hector Lombard DQ (illegal punches) 1 5:00

so you are claiming Cat & Ketlen Vieira can main event a Free card??? in what world is this better than any of the fights ion the Nunes card??
I mean, I can see it being at the level of Amanda Bobby Lee Cooper vs Mackenzie Dern, but come on now!
then the rest are about the same level.
AA & Struve is equal or less than Machida & Vitor.
Ortega & Frankie about the same as Jacare & Kelvin

so you are claiming Cat & Ketlen Vieira can main event a Free card??? in what world is this better than any of the fights ion the Nunes card??
I mean, I can see it being at the level of Amanda Bobby Lee Cooper vs Mackenzie Dern, but come on now!
then the rest are about the same level.
AA & Struve is equal or less than Machida & Vitor.
Ortega & Frankie about the same as Jacare & Kelvin
Damn dude you dont read at all, was hoping to have a legit discussion but this is sherderp. I said the co-main and main event were really the only two FN headliner worthy fights of 222. Instead of trying to argue, why dont you read what people respond to you with?

65 bucks for a UFC card that will be available for free in HD 720p a hour and a half later

Even for five dollars I would still hesitate to purchase a UFC event with my fav fighters in it.

65 is the full price of a PS4 game that can give you up to hundreds of hours of entertainment.

65 is higher than a live concert ticket, hell, it's even higher than the first price of UFC live event tickets.

I spent 120 bucks for a VIP ticket at the K1 WGP third row from the ring when Cro Cop won the GP. I could hear each shot of the fight live.

That's the price of two UFC PPV's on a freakin TV screen. WTF
way to support mma

They should be retired, if it wasn’t for the terrible fighter pay.

Which veteran would you like me to learn from? You want me to fight with my hands down and chin up like Machida? Or try to punch out of full mount? They’re old and feeble, there’s no point in watching them fight. I can learn from them in a gym setting but not while they’re performing.

I can learn plenty from the new generation like young Max who’s footwork allows him to avoid being taken down. They’re ahead of learning curve.

You got shit backwards. I’ll go about my opinions and I don’t see why you think I’m not allowed to have one?

I am sorry, but you are the one who started responding to my post trying to impose your opinion on me.

The problem is that with your asinine answer, I formed an opinion on you.
You are definitely not smart if you think you can't learn from Vitor's os Machida's experience.
You are also obviously too stupid ifto assume they are so flawed (since their history in this sport shows they were always considered elite fighters and ranked at the top of the rankings throughout their careers).
It is amazing that fighters who are sure to become HoF'ers are viewed by clowns such as you as old and feeble. Kid, you couldn't beat them if you life depended on it.
Actually you are obviously so far behind, you couldn't get a fight against them. You wouldn't qualify.

But yes, you are allowed to have your opinion, much like I am allowed to have mine. Only you are too stupid to understand that you are the one trying to impose your opinion over mine... and failing miserably at it.

I love watching nunes fight, ill tune in forsure. Wont buy though

Damn dude you dont read at all, was hoping to have a legit discussion but this is sherderp. I said the co-main and main event were really the only two FN headliner worthy fights of 222. Instead of trying to argue, why dont you read what people respond to you with?
Sorry bud, but I am not trying to argue.
You are.

I asked you to find me an event that had better fighters than the ones on the card you are complaining about.
You found a card that is on par with it.

So what exactly are you complaining about? You are the one trying to change the discussion at hand from one point YOU tried to prove.

Lol@ "paying"

UFC 225 AND 226 are the only truly PPV worthy cards on the horizon. The rest can fuck off.

Sherdoggers;

'Fans' who won't pay for PPV's and then say Dana is the one screwing the fighter.

?

If a company is worth 4 billion and you pay the bunch of your employees (yeah, that's what they are) a wage they can not save up anything on it despite risking and losing their health while making 400mio for the boss... dude, w/e you say.

Back