UFC 223 does 210k-360k PPV buys

What do you expect? It probably would’ve hit close to 500k if iaquinta wasn’t main event and tony showed up.
I'm sure Tony would've drawn 5M, just like his other PPVs. 500k is a rookie number for him.

Dana lies all the time.

How many times have we heard:

"We broke a/our record"

210 to 360 is a pretty big gap. How about getting a better estimate.

it's like telling a girl my dick is between 2 and 9 inches.

@FrankieNYC About how long will it take for the official number for 223 to come out? Also about how close do the estimates tend to be?

Like I said before, what do you expect? He was fighting Kevin lee haha.

Tony vs khabib together would draw over 400k man

The last PPVs that have done 400k+ have been

- GSP/Bisping
- Jones/Cormier II
- Ronda/Nunes

After Tony/Max fell out, and Chiesa/Pettis, Al/Felder, & Borg/Moreno were off I'm sure many ppl with lives said F it.

Not me, I have no life. I streamed tho, would've gladly bought and had a few friends throw down. The same group who I had ready to buy 209 as well. Tony/Khabib is a fight casuals I know care about. None of them know Iaquinta

The most compelling fight for me on this card was Ferguson vs Khabib.

I am probably the only person who purchased the card because of the brouhaha related to Conor. My brother, who is a filthy casual but otherwise a decent man, heard about Conor getting arrested via Facebook or wherever. It piqued his interest and so he came over and we had some beers and watched the fights. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have watched, because my interest level was deflated by the mess.

Overall, it was a decent card with several good fights despite the uncompetitive main event.

Gone are the days of the PPV model in the UFC. Make fightpass all inclusive and charge a few hundred a year for it for diehards or $50 per "ppv quality card" for non subscribers.

UFC dying = confirmed

(again)

No wonder they are thinking of cutting down to 6 ppv/year

Well, that's been the plan since before it was sold to WME. They've been shifting away from PPV for a while and moving towards network deals. More consistent revenue. Less dependent on volatile stars

They put less into PPVs so it's not a surprise they have been on the decline.

that's actually good considering the main event was thrown together at the last minute and no one (who even knew he was) really thought Iaquinta had much of a chance.

They pulled 4 fights off the card and the main event was not as advertised.. what do you expect? So many people were streaming it that nobody noticed when it switched from the TV card to PPV and kept posting in the prelim thread.

Lol what you mean losing the main event and a bunch of other fights hurt more than Conor's golden touch helped? Color me shocked. /s

Back