UFC 212 - Aldo vs Holloway - Rio de Janeiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Carlos junior even at that price. Can't see spicely subbing him

Agreed. Spicily isn't subbing a guy that hasn't been subbed in MMA who is also a brown belt double gold world champion + recently flying triangled Garry Tonon lol. Spicely's primary strength will be nullified in this one

i think i fucking hate this card from a betting perspective.

i saw an interview recently where spicely said his gameplan was to defend takedowns and win via striking.

I'll gladly take a shot on Spicely at +160.

I'll gladly take a shot on Spicely at +160.
On the oppostie end here. I'm already 2.6u deep on Carlos Jr -210. I really have no idea how he loses this. He won't get out wrestled, his grappling is better, and he has a solid kicking game where as spicely has really nothing on the feet and his defense is not good.

Would be shocked if Carlos Jr lost

Surpised Eduardo is the underdog. If i remember correctly Lopez was losing against Gagnon before landing a shot? Eduardo is a great striker with TDD.

On the oppostie end here. I'm already 2.6u deep on Carlos Jr -210. I really have no idea how he loses this. He won't get out wrestled, his grappling is better, and he has a solid kicking game where as spicely has really nothing on the feet and his defense is not good.

Too many flaws in his game, imo. His wrestling and striking aren't good and he gets noticeably tired as the fight drags on. I don't think Spicely is the next champ or anything but I think Carlos Junior is way too juiced

I'll let the lines move, but I'm definitely adding to Oluwale and Assuncao.

Bambgose has some legitimate striking and speed. Borrachina's power puts him out if it lands, but Oluwale absolutely has the striking skills to avoid the big shots and take him out.

I think Moraes is legit, but I've got to take the proven high-level contender at these kind of odds

Rly?
He might get outboxed on the feet easily. I agree with u that Shoeface is the better grappler overall. I think Spiecelys luck runs out here.

I'll let the lines move, but I'm definitely adding to Oluwale and Assuncao.

Bambgose has some legitimate striking and speed. Borrachina's power puts him out if it lands, but Oluwale absolutely has the striking skills to avoid the big shots and take him out.

I think Moraes is legit, but I've got to take the proven high-level contender at these kind of odds
See, I originally had the same opinion regarding Moraes and Assuncao but there's really no reason not to believe Moraes is as good as he's looked, even against a step up in competition. I think I'll be on his decision line.

(disclaimer im a big Moraes fan)

You know I think max is just about crazy enough to beat Aldo, his confidence and age go a long way in this fight IMO

Oh damn Spicely on this card ;(

I'm not betting this fight if my life depended on it,
Boy do I fuck up betting against him,
He cost me over a grand when he beat Santos (seriously how)
And I think a couple hundo when he beat Alessio (who the fuck gets caught in a triangle in 2016/17)

Oh damn Spicely on this card ;(

I'm not betting this fight if my life depended on it,
Boy do I fuck up betting against him,
He cost me over a grand when he beat Santos (seriously how)
And I think a couple hundo when he beat Alessio (who the fuck gets caught in a triangle in 2016/17)
Santos hurt his knee in the fight

What do we know about borrachinna?

Obviously a power striker.

Grappling?
Cardio?
Camp?

I am looking to fade oluwale.

I don't think you can fade one power striker against another power striker if they're both this young. They're both known for round 1 knockouts; unless I'm missing something in the tape which makes Borrachinha the obvious pick, I'm dog or pass.

I don't think you can fade one power striker against another power striker if they're both this young. They're both known for round 1 knockouts; unless I'm missing something in the tape which makes Borrachinha the obvious pick, I'm dog or pass.
Big thing for me looks to be composure. Boreachina looked calm and aggressive while stalking mcellan. Only one fight but I can't get the image of oluwale throwing strikes at Ferreira from ten feet away. Ferreira was able to hit double legs wholeness both of oluwales feet were off the ground.

My notes on Silva and Medeiros:

Erick Silva: Good kicks. Good hand speed. Good scrambling. Looks to finish. Can be hit. Black belts in judo and BJJ. Good grappler. Has developed a good jab. Capitalizes on opponent's mistakes. Dishonorable weasel. Not as wild as he used to be. A bit heavy on his feet but not a plodder.

Yancy Medeiros: Reasonably light on his feet. Mediocre hand speed. Good Chin. Good kicks. I think he looks better as a welterweight than as a lightweight. Switch puncher.

I think Silva has the edge.

My notes on Silva and Medeiros:

Erick Silva: Good kicks. Good hand speed. Good scrambling. Looks to finish. Can be hit. Black belts in judo and BJJ. Good grappler. Has developed a good jab. Capitalizes on opponent's mistakes. Dishonorable weasel. Not as wild as he used to be. A bit heavy on his feet but not a plodder.

Yancy Medeiros: Reasonably light on his feet. Mediocre hand speed. Good Chin. Good kicks. I think he looks better as a welterweight than as a lightweight. Switch puncher.

I think Silva has the edge.
What are your thoughts on Silva's chin? Anything of note?

- Claudia trains at Jackson's 2 days a week for sparring (huge variety of sparring partners)
- Primarily has her own head coach/muay thai/boxing/wrestling coaches for as much individual attention as possible (also lives with her boxing/MT coach during camp)
- Female training partners are scarce in Poland. KK sparring with guys a lot
- KK focusing on wrestling as expected. Shown drilling leg sweep counters when opponent has the single leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back