UFC 212 - Aldo vs Holloway - Rio de Janeiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've put Gadeha in several parlays. I have more confidence in her winning than I've had in any other bet. That could be a bad sign.

anybody know much about this guy Brian Kelleher?

Trains out of a small gym, Maxum BJJ in NY, beat Andre Soukhamthath 2 years ago. Started training when he was 20 (30 now), quit his job 6 months ago to train full time. His main training partner is his southpaw brother, thinks it's a good imitation of Alcantara, also does a bit of cross training at Serra-Longo. Not a whole lot of recent footage out there, but you can see some of his older fights

all three of those are pretty freaking far from being "locks." I can easily see both dudes losing.

How do you see Shoeface losing? Just curious. I don't think he's a lock but his loss to Dan kelly looks better in hindsight and he should have the size, striking, and grappling advantage. His cardio is not the best but he went hard with Vettori in his last fight and won the cardio battle.

Trains out of a small gym, Maxum BJJ in NY, beat Andre Soukhamthath 2 years ago. Started training when he was 20 (30 now), quit his job 6 months ago to train full time. His main training partner is his southpaw brother, thinks it's a good imitation of Alcantara, also does a bit of cross training at Serra-Longo. Not a whole lot of recent footage out there, but you can see some of his older fights

How's his wrestling?
Yuri struggles with wrasslers more than not.

gadelha NSC is -145? man, it opened -130? KK has no finishing skills.. i think this line is an overreaction to her hurting JJ with a punch in rd 4.. she hasn't had a single finish since invicta debut etc

i do like KK DEC +472, tho, for sure. IMO there's no value betting the +250 moneyline when KK dec is +472

i'm hitting these two things. if KK gets a finish, just lol @ me.

I favor aldo.

Aldo versus Edgar 2 was about as masterful a performance inside the octagon as you will see.

Holloway is as tough as they come and talented in his own right, but I simply think he is outmatched here.

Holloway on points.

I feel Max is simular style to Korean Zombie and KZ had some success against a prime Aldo . Max is better than KZ and after McGregor, Max is the best striker Aldo will have faced .

Holloway on points.

I feel Max is simular style to Korean Zombie and KZ had some success against a prime Aldo . Max is better than KZ and after McGregor, Max is the best striker Aldo will have faced .

What leads you to believe Aldo is no longer in his prime? He looked as good as he ever has to me in his last fight against Edgar. He is only 30 and has not taken a ton of damage in most of his fights.

Keep in mind that Aldo broke his foot in round 1 of the KZ fight and still seemed to be cruising to a decision win before KZ got hurt.

-----

UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway

JUNE 3, 2017

Jeunesse Arena | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Main Card - (PPV, 10 PM ET)

---

Featherweight Title Unification Bout

-

Max Holloway +100

Jose Aldo -130

-

Over 4.5 -135

Under 4.5 -105

--

Karolina Kowalkiewicz +260

Claudia Gadelha -380

-

Over 2.5 -280

Under 2.5 +200

--

Nate Marquardt +145

Vitor Belfort -185

-

Over 1.5 -115

Under 1.5 -125

--

Oluwale Bamgbose +165

Paulo Borrachinha -215

-

Over 1.5 +135

Under 1.5 -175

--

Yancy Medeiros +140

Erick Silva -180

-

Over 1.5 -175

Under 1.5 +135

--

Preliminary Card - (FS1, 8 PM ET)

---

Raphael Assuncao +125

Marlon Moraes -165

-

Over 2.5 -245

Under 2.5 +175

--

Eric Spicely +165

Antonio Carlos Junior -215

-

Over 2.5 -130

Under 2.5 -110

--

Johnny Eduardo +110

Matthew Lopez -150

-

Over 2.5 -115

Under 2.5 -125

--

Brian Kelleher +175

Iuri Alcantara -245

-

Over 2.5 -135

Under 2.5 -105

--

Preliminary Card - (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 PM ET)

---

Jamie Moyle +130

Viviane Pereira -170

-

Over 2.5 -305

Under 2.5 +225

--

Jim Wallhead +125

Luan Chagas -165

-

Over 2.5 -125

Under 2.5 -115

--

Marco Beltran +135

Deiveson Alcantra -175

-

Over 1.5 -180

Under 1.5 +140

-----

jesus. I don't like any openers here.

EDIT hit Moraes -165 and E.Silva -130 though

Last edited:
Hit Oluwale and Assuncao at +165 and +160, missed the +145 on Marquardt by a minute. Small on Oluwale though since I feel like the public will bet up Borrachina

omg opening odds this early, i was out getting breakfast before the ufc, grrr

i hit moyle pretty hard at +130 while driving, lol

prolly should've bet marquardt line

i like lopez -150, too, tho idk how it'll move, playing small

should've prolly hit U1.5 on the costa fight, hehe

omg opening odds this early, i was out getting breakfast before the ufc, grrr

i hit moyle pretty hard at +130 while driving, lol

prolly should've bet marquardt line
Regretting not hitting Nate and Moyle. Just kept eyeing them but didn't take long for lines to shift before I made up my mind. Oh well should prob rewatch Pereira's last fight anyway

Regretting not hitting Nate and Moyle. Just kept eyeing them but didn't take long for lines to shift before I made up my mind. Oh well should prob rewatch Pereira's last fight anyway

take a quadruple shot of espresso before you rewatch it, or you'll pass out

What inspires the confidence in Moraes?

Assunçao is legit and the UFC debuts of these can-crushers don't always go smoothly. Remember how Will Brooks has been looking?

Assunçao is legit and the UFC debuts of these can-crushers don't always go smoothly. Remember how Will Brooks has been looking?
Moraes work rate is great, he is a plus athlete, and he will have a speed advantage

I believe that Moraes is legit but I'm staying away from this fight for exactly the reason you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back