News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk was agreed for April 29 in London, but it’s not happening after all

Who wins?

• Total voters
Look at his resume today though. It's the deepest in the division bar none. The rest of the pack's resumes are a far cry from it. AJ has fought or at least tried to fight everybody. It's not his fault Fury wasn't serious.

I'd say in terms of elite opponents in the pros...

Joshua
  1. Usyk II
  2. Usyk I
  3. Wlad
  4. Povetkin
  5. Ruiz II
  6. Ruiz I

Usyk

1. Joshua I
  2. Joshua II
  3. Briedis
  4. Gassiev
  5. Bellew

Wilder

1. Fury III
  2. Fury II
  3. Fury I
  4. Ortiz I
  5. Ortiz II

Fury

1. Wilder II
  2. Wilder I
  3. Wilder III
  4. Wlad

338881563_3505013256489529_5853937872418552279_n.jpg

Proper fucked his brand.
And here I thought Furocity was a fitness program. It's his energy drink. I'll be damned. That's where it belongs at this point, in the bargain bin. Until he fights Usyk and/or AJ. But 3 pounds per case sounds like a steal.

Yes I agree Kovalev's "Man Bag" and listrahtes; I did an analysis on Wilder's KO % a few years back, as it was far higher than previous "big punchers" of old. What I found was that in the early part of many of the old celebrated punchers' careers, they had similar KO % to Wilder, and then when they faced champions back to back or got to the tail end of their careers their KO % diminished. This is why Wilder's KO streak makes him look like the best puncher ever, while it is yet to be seen whether that is real or largely a result of weaker opposition. Arguably the Fury fights already discredit his power to a large or small degree.

I don't see Wilder stopping Joyce for example, more likely the other way around. Usyk he's also very unlikely to stop, it would be a mad storyline if he managed it though.
I don't question Wilder's power but I do think those one-punch KOs will be much more difficult to pull off against the most elite and durable fighters in the division. As you said that's been shown historically. Fury was able to survive if only by the skin of his teeth. Yeah, the biggest punchers' KO percentages do drop when fighting the top guys consistently and toward the end of their careers. No puncher, regardless of how ridiculous their power might be, is running the table against elite opponent after elite opponent every time out. Otherwise, it wouldn't be called a puncher's chance it'd be a game of Duck Hunt.

The only thing I disagree about is Wilder vs Joyce. I think Wilder KOs Joyce. Both are very hittable but you can't be that easy to hit against Wilder. Especially considering Wilder is much faster and has a slight reach advantage in his favor. He's more likely to get to Joyce first. It'd be interesting to see if Joyce can survive that vaunted one-shot power though. If he can then that would change everything as far as I'm concerned. Because now you'd have a guy that absolutely can hurt Wilder while having the ability to absorb his most dangerous weapon. Regardless of how that match-up would play out we do need to see Wilder's power tested against guys like this. That way we can learn more without having to rely as much on the eye-test.

"GET FURY V USYK ON!" | FRANK WARREN EXCLUSIVE | EP18 P1 | talkBOXING with Simon Jordan - YouTube

I don't trust anything Warren says but a couple of interesting points.

Saudi Money and available dates to make the most money.

it was FURY who wanted the rematch clause.

It looks like Fury reneged.

The original offer was one fight 70/30. Usyk agreed.

THEN Fury wanted a rematch clause and Usyk said on the same terms as Joshua Usyk.

First fight 70/30 then if Usyk won a 50/50 in the rematch. Fury declined this.

I'm a big Fury fan but this looks like either greed or ducking of the highest order.

Usyk is worth more now as the champion, he was the challenger in the first Joshua fight so 70/30 seemed right. The same terms as the Joshua fights are more than fair to Fury imo and Usyk was willing to accept that.

I do think Fury will fight him at some point but I think he is playing games.

Usyk is 36 and relies a lot on his mobility. If when fighting his mandatories he looks like he is slowing a step I think fury will take the fight. He's younger, bigger and fresher. He has time on his side.

If Usyk ends up fighting Dubois, Hrgovic and Joyce by that time he will be 38. I think he will beat them but he would have had a long career.

In the wbc rankings I see Ruiz and Joshua. I don't see Fury having an issue with them.

Then in two years time Usyk will have done his mandatories, Fury beats joshua twice for a shit load of cash and someone Chisoraesque as a voluntary.

I just think there is to much money on the table for Joshua/Fury and fury will be happy to let Usyk age out a bit before fighting him.

That's my conspiracy theory re this fight.

Anyone might have problems with Ruiz....IF will attempt to stop him in distance .....yeah...
While if will execute gamplan to move a lot and keep distance ....then safe UD for Fury will be most likely warranted.
AJ?
He does have flaws but he isn't Wilder...because he is lesser predictable and does have 2 hands capable to debilitate opponent ....

The biggest difference between Wilder and A.J and Ruiz is reality that they might have chance to TKO/ KO guy with any from their hands....Wilder for this task is boxer with 1 hand.....

"GET FURY V USYK ON!" | FRANK WARREN EXCLUSIVE | EP18 P1 | talkBOXING with Simon Jordan - YouTube

I don't trust anything Warren says but a couple of interesting points.

Saudi Money and available dates to make the most money.

it was FURY who wanted the rematch clause.

It looks like Fury reneged.

The original offer was one fight 70/30. Usyk agreed.

THEN Fury wanted a rematch clause and Usyk said on the same terms as Joshua Usyk.

First fight 70/30 then if Usyk won a 50/50 in the rematch. Fury declined this.

I'm a big Fury fan but this looks like either greed or ducking of the highest order.

Usyk is worth more now as the champion, he was the challenger in the first Joshua fight so 70/30 seemed right. The same terms as the Joshua fights are more than fair to Fury imo and Usyk was willing to accept that.

I do think Fury will fight him at some point but I think he is playing games.

Usyk is 36 and relies a lot on his mobility. If when fighting his mandatories he looks like he is slowing a step I think fury will take the fight. He's younger, bigger and fresher. He has time on his side.

If Usyk ends up fighting Dubois, Hrgovic and Joyce by that time he will be 38. I think he will beat them but he would have had a long career.

In the wbc rankings I see Ruiz and Joshua. I don't see Fury having an issue with them.

Then in two years time Usyk will have done his mandatories, Fury beats joshua twice for a shit load of cash and someone Chisoraesque as a voluntary.

I just think there is to much money on the table for Joshua/Fury and fury will be happy to let Usyk age out a bit before fighting him.

That's my conspiracy theory re this fight.
This stuff has already been covered inside the thread over the last week. The 70/30 offer was never genuine. It was designed to be refused. He bluffed. Fury never intended to fight Usyk in the first place and there's a mountain of evidence to support it. We know about the rematch clause as well. Fury did request it, Team Usyk agreed, and then Fury moved the goalposts again demanding that it be removed (allegedly with Warren ultimately convincing Fury to leave it in). If it sounds like a game of musical chairs that's because it was. Fighters that are serious about making big fights happen don't play them. When Fury declined the Saudi's offer, which was guaranteed to be extremely lucrative, it was a big tip-off that he wasn't actually interested in fighting Usyk. Remember, Fury's 70/30 bluff came after the fight was to be moved to the UK where far less money was on the table.

It was a clear duck. He had previously pulled shenanigans during negotiations with Joshua. Those were bad faith negotiations on his part in both cases. He'll fight Joyce this Summer at Wembley if Joyce beats Zhang. Beyond that who knows. I don't see him fighting Usyk or AJ for a while unless AJ looks like shit against Franklin. He might fight him then.

bing A.I absolutely fascinating outlook on the fight

It’s hard to say who would win between Usyk and Fury as both are great boxers. Fury has to get past Wilder again and then Usyk will have to win his return with AJ. But if both men do win, they could fight in what would be a hugely fascinating showdown some time in the future1. According to a poll on Reddit asking who would win between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk, most people voted for Fury2. However, it’s important to note that this is just a poll and doesn’t necessarily reflect the actual outcome of a fight.

just watched the live AJ/franklin with Hearn.

Hearn said the reason Fury/Usyk fell through was money. Without Saudi money there is not enough in the pot, in his words.

VERY FRUSTRATING. As fight fans we want an undisputed champ. Usyk and fury would both make fortunes but why fight for 10 million when you could make 30 or 40?

Why make 20 million to fight Usyk who is a nightmare when you can Make 40 million fighting Joshua?

These fuckers Fury and Joshua are going to freeze Usyk out. Make a fortune to fight each other and let Usyk get old Fighting mandatories for relative peanuts. Mark my words.

Hearn said the reason Fury/Usyk fell through was money. Without Saudi money there is not enough in the pot, in his words.

VERY FRUSTRATING. As fight fans we want an undisputed champ. Usyk and fury would both make fortunes but why fight for 10 million when you could make 30 or 40?

Why make 20 million to fight Usyk who is a nightmare when you can Make 40 million fighting Joshua?

These fuckers Fury and Joshua are going to freeze Usyk out. Make a fortune to fight each other and let Usyk get old Fighting mandatories for relative peanuts. Mark my words.

This is the issue with that Saudi money. It becomes the new standard because people are greedy.

No, that makes no sense. Fury wouldn't have fought Usyk for any amount. Hearn is wrong. If it was just about the money then Fury would've accepted the Saudi's offer. Usyk accepted his offer immediately. Fury turned down what was thought to be the biggest offer ever made in the history of the sport in terms of guaranteed pay (rumored to be around $100 million).

If that was the plan then surely AJ dropping the WBO and knocking someone out while Fury vs Wilder 3 happened would have been the obvious plan.

AJ doesn’t take back to back losses and still fights Fury for the majority of the belts.

No, that makes no sense. Fury wouldn't have fought Usyk for any amount. Hearn is wrong. If it was just about the money then Fury would've accepted the Saudi's offer. Usyk accepted his offer immediately. Fury turned down what was thought to be the biggest offer ever made in the history of the sport in terms of guaranteed pay (rumored to be around $100 million).

Agreed. Greedy Belly clearly doesn't fancy the job against a true elite boxer in Usyk.

Agreed. Greedy Belly clearly doesn't fancy the job against a true elite boxer in Usyk.
I don't want to ever hear him talk about being a "real fighting man" again. As you said Usyk is half his size and isn't even considered a puncher. It's a very bad look for Fury. King of the Gypsies my ass.

Hilarious how little they mentioned usyks name yesterday. Insane popularity in the uk 'hum hum, sure thing'. Almost seemed like Dillian Whyte is a raigning champion the way they talked future matchups

Hilarious how little they mentioned usyks name yesterday. Insane popularity in the uk 'hum hum, sure thing'. Almost seemed like Dillian Whyte is a raigning champion the way they talked future matchups
Why would they want to advertise the fact that Usyk beat their marquee fighter consecutively? Plus it's not news. Anyone that follows boxing even casually already knows it. I've also never heard anyone say that Usyk was insanely popular in the UK. More popular since beating Joshua twice, sure, but that's to be expected.

Fury is not 300 pounds nor is he 6'9. In reality he's 6'7 and his heaviest weight against Wilder he was in the 270s. The fact is Fury has never had a granite chin. His recovery is special but his durability is not on Usyk's level. A feather-fisted cruiserweight like Cunningham couldn't put Usyk down even if he landed his best shot. Against Fury he did. Usyk isn't special? He's been in almost 380 total bouts and never been knocked down from a shot to the head. The guy has been in with murderous punchers to boot. AJ has dropped or knocked out almost every fighter he's faced but Usyk took his best shots. Usyk's knees did buckle but he was never close to going down. One one occasion he even walked directly into a big shot from AJ yet he remained upright.

Wilder is a ridiculous puncher. I haven't ever seen one-punch power quite like it at heavyweight, but, to date the best guy he's knocked out is Ortiz. While Ortiz is a good fighter he's never won a world title and was significantly older. He damn near knocked Fury out but look at Fury's resume. It has very little on it and his defense isn't nearly as tight as you say. Usyk is much better defensively and he's also a lot more mobile and faster. Fury is a good big man but Usyk is a great little man. It's impossible to know how Usyk would handle Wilder's power until we see them fight. Anything else is purely speculation.

You’re arguing semantics at this point with fury’s size.. he’s 6-7 or 6-9 he’s a gigantic man with skills.

Uysk was hurt by aj on a few occasions. It’s heavyweight. Anything can happen. Also, Steve Cunningham knocked down a young Tyson fury who was what 23? That fight happened ten years ago and the Tyson of today is much much better defensively.

I think Tyson will have a hard fight with Uysk btw.

also numerous Hws say added weight helps them take punches. Andy ruiz

You’re arguing semantics at this point with fury’s size.. he’s 6-7 or 6-9 he’s a gigantic man with skills.

Uysk was hurt by aj on a few occasions. It’s heavyweight. Anything can happen. Also, Steve Cunningham knocked down a young Tyson fury who was what 23? That fight happened ten years ago and the Tyson of today is much much better defensively.

I think Tyson will have a hard fight with Uysk btw.

also numerous Hws say added weight helps them take punches. Andy ruiz
A fighter being two inches shorter and around 30 pounds lighter than advertised here isn't semantics. Fury is a huge guy with skills but so is AJ. He's just not as big or skilled as Fury. It was a long time ago that Cunningham dropped Fury but he's never had the best chin. His recovery is what's special. Added weight can help fighters take punches better but not necessarily. If that fighter never had much of a chin in the first place then it may not help. But, since you mentioned Ruiz as evidence of heavier fighters taking damage better, know that the heavy version of Ruiz was dropped by AJ. That didn't happen to a much lighter Usyk despite going 24 rounds against the same guy.

fury vs aj, followed by wilder vs usyk, culminating in clash of the champs, its what we need and the saudis might just pull it off ..

Back