News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk was agreed for April 29 in London, but it’s not happening after all

Who wins?

• Total voters
And that’s his problem right there. He’ll either be gun shy because he can’t get the shot off, or he’ll be throwing off balance, where he’ll lose much of it’s power and leave himself vulnerable. It’s clearly a dangerous fight for usyk but stylistically it’s a nightmare for wilder, worse than fury. Would love to see it though, but I doubt this one will happen
Wilder almost certainly will connect with his right hand at some point but, as you said, he'll be off-balance most of the fight. Usyk will turn him, force him to constantly reset, and make it very difficult to line him up and get full power on his signature shot. While Usyk being a southpaw could make it easier for Wilder to connect this is no ordinary southpaw. Usyk was trained by Anatoly Lomachenko who taught him the same step-around that Vasyl uses against right handed opponents. I could see Usyk hitting that side-step all night and countering Wilder with sharp straight left hands when he attempts to throw his right hand. Fury has never been a good counterpuncher. Usyk is, he's better defensively, and clearly the better boxer/mover. Not to mention Usyk is a generational talent. You don't become one by not being very special.

I would give Wilder around a 30% puncher's chance (assuming Usyk can't take his power). If they fight 3 times Wilder may knock him out once. Most big punchers don't get anywhere near that. As Moz said earlier, usually it's only around 10%-20% tops.

Last edited:
Wilder's right hand isn't going to be there forever. He's 38 and possibly damaged from the Fury fights.

Earnie Shavers also lost the steam in his fists at one point, I'm sure @mozfonky knows this.

Wilder's right hand isn't going to be there forever. He's 38 and possibly damaged from the Fury fights.

Earnie Shavers also lost the steam in his fists at one point, I'm sure @mozfonky knows this.
He's 37 right now but he'll be 38 at the end of the year. Yeah, we'll have to see what his punch resistance looks like after suffering those stoppage/KO losses to Fury. The Helenius fight was over in 3 minutes and he took no damage so we didn't learn anything about it. Historically, what we do know is that even the biggest puncher's chance isn't all that great. There are no heavyweights to compare to Wilder in terms of one-punch power that I've seen in the pros but there were at the lighter weights. I know Wilder has been compared to Hearns but Julian Jackson also had that one-punch lights out power. Yet Jackson still went to decision a handful of times and all but one of them were against opponents that weren't even notable.

The more skilled and crafty the fighter is the harder they'll be to knock out. The genuine elites at the very top have to be harder to KO otherwise they wouldn't have gotten to where they're at and stayed there for as long as they have. What I'd like to see is Wilder's power tested against some highly durable elite fighters. Joyce, Usyk, and we could even throw in Ruiz. As I said earlier, Fury isn't all that durable he just has tremendous recovery to make up for it. His chin certainly isn't cast iron or granite.

Right. We'll say he's 38. He'll be that anyway if/when he fights Usyk. Both are considered late 30s which is getting up there even for a heavyweight.

Is it already signed? I stopped following after the planned fight against Greedy Belly fell through.
Last thing I read was that Usyks having a mandatory instead.

Is it already signed? I stopped following after the planned fight against Greedy Belly fell through.
Last thing I read was that Usyks having a mandatory instead.
That's what we'll be getting Usyk vs one of his mandatories. He'll be fighting Dubois next unfortunately. Even worse, he'll still have two mandatories left in Hrgovic and Joyce. The latter is a good fight but he'll likely have to deal with two of these guys back-to-back. So his schedule will be full. A fight with Wilder would have to be a voluntary defense if it were to happen. Chances are it wouldn't until sometime next year.

That's what we'll be getting Usyk vs one of his mandatories. He'll be fighting Dubois next unfortunately. Even worse, he'll still have two mandatories left in Hrgovic and Joyce. The latter is a good fight but he'll likely have to deal with two of these guys back-to-back. So his schedule will be full. A fight with Wilder would have to be a voluntary defense if it were to happen. Chances are it wouldn't until sometime next year.
Brilliant, dubois allready got murdered by joyce. And Hrovic barely got through Zhang. Just give Joyce his shot allready.

Then let’s hope Joyce knocks fury out, takes his belt (not that likely imo). I’m sure he’d rematch usyk for a shot at all the belts

Then let’s hope Joyce knocks fury out, takes his belt (not that likely imo). I’m sure he’d rematch usyk for a shot at all the belts
Joyce would definitely rematch Usyk. He's been itching to for several years now. Let's hope that does happen. Realistically Fury should outbox him rather handily. Joyce might be able to catch him late and hurt him though. Fury's recovery is exceptional so I'm sure he'd just get back up.

Brilliant, dubois allready got murdered by joyce. And Hrovic barely got through Zhang. Just give Joyce his shot allready.
I agree but unfortunately that's not how it works. Most mandatories are garbage defenses anyway. They only get a title shot because these sanctioning bodies say they're deserving. Well, those rankings are a joke. I'd much rather see Usyk vs Joyce than Dubois but that's not what we're getting next. Usyk and Dubois are already in negotiations as we speak.

Oh man now the Wilder fantasies again. That guy fought a who is who of journeyman and was the most protected champ at HW ever with very few legit fights. His legacy fights vs Fury were all lost. There is a reason why he avoided any high level opponent near all his career. Only reason he choose Fury was because Tyson was a fat coke slob no one thought could come back. UsKwould box him silly and finish that. Wilder will never take that fight in a million years.

Oh man now the Wilder fantasies again. That guy fought a who is who of journeyman and was the most protected champ at HW ever with very few legit fights. His legacy fights vs Fury were all lost. There is a reason why he avoided any high level opponent near all his career. Only reason he choose Fury was because Tyson was a fat coke slob no one thought could come back. UsKwould box him silly and finish that. Wilder will never take that fight in a million years.
Haha yeah, lets not pretend as if AJ faced a murderers row before the klitschko fight. Molina, Breazeale and Charles Martin haha.

Haha yeah, lets not pretend as if AJ faced a murderers row before the klitschko fight. Molina, Breazeale and Charles Martin haha.
Look at his resume today though. It's the deepest in the division bar none. The rest of the pack's resumes are a far cry from it. AJ has fought or at least tried to fight everybody. It's not his fault Fury wasn't serious.

if this shit isnt happening let Joyce fight Usyk or Fury. dude's getting older and doesnt have a whole lot of time. plus he's got a fun, fan friendly style. after Joyce goes through Zhang he should call out Fury. after all, Fury said Joyce is the 2nd best HW currently so why wouldnt he want to fight him?

if this shit isnt happening let Joyce fight Usyk or Fury. dude's getting older and doesnt have a whole lot of time. plus he's got a fun, fan friendly style. after Joyce goes through Zhang he should call out Fury. after all, Fury said Joyce is the 2nd best HW currently so why wouldnt he want to fight him?

Agreed. Joyce is obviously limited - any HW is - but he is no easy fight for anyone. It is his time indeed.

That's the plan reportedly. Fury vs Joyce this Summer at Wembley. Provided Joyce beats Zhang of course.

Yes I agree Kovalev's "Man Bag" and listrahtes; I did an analysis on Wilder's KO % a few years back, as it was far higher than previous "big punchers" of old. What I found was that in the early part of many of the old celebrated punchers' careers, they had similar KO % to Wilder, and then when they faced champions back to back or got to the tail end of their careers their KO % diminished. This is why Wilder's KO streak makes him look like the best puncher ever, while it is yet to be seen whether that is real or largely a result of weaker opposition. Arguably the Fury fights already discredit his power to a large or small degree.

I don't see Wilder stopping Joyce for example, more likely the other way around. Usyk he's also very unlikely to stop, it would be a mad storyline if he managed it though.

338881563_3505013256489529_5853937872418552279_n.jpg

Proper fucked his brand.

338881563_3505013256489529_5853937872418552279_n.jpg

Proper fucked his brand.

I can't see your image for some reason, but assuming you're talking about Fury it's crazy how now he seems like the fake one and AJ and Eddie are the "real" ones when it was the polar opposite until about a year ago.
Still Team fury but fucked if I don't feel like a prick for it sometimes haha.

Back