News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk was agreed for April 29 in London, but it’s not happening after all

Who wins?

• Total voters
70/30 called his bluff :cool:
Or so we thought? If Fury actually does sign and shows up for the fight then it wasn't a bluff. I'll remain skeptical until then because in the past he managed to find ways to get out of fights. Even ones that were signed/contractually obligated. It isn't official yet but it just might happen after all. Just not on April 29th. That's next month. There simply wouldn't be enough time to promote it and, unless they're already both in camp, that isn't quite enough time to get a full one in (assuming an 8 week camp, there's a little less than 7 weeks to go).

Sounds good, if true. As the poster above me pointed out, that doesn't leave enough time to trane and promote, really. I hope Fury sticks to boxing boxers. He is a beast and a bully. I enjoy watching his work in the ring. Bad news for Francis. The more time that elapses after he relinquished the belt, the more his stock goes down, and with it any chance of a money fight.

It's not happening. Absolutely no way they fight that soon, they wouldn't have a press tour let alone a full fight camp.

Sounds good, if true. As the poster above me pointed out, that doesn't leave enough time to trane and promote, really. I hope Fury sticks to boxing boxers. He is a beast and a bully. I enjoy watching his work in the ring. Bad news for Francis. The more time that elapses after he relinquished the belt, the more his stock goes down, and with it any chance of a money fight.
Ngannou might have other plans
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/francis-ngannou-in-talks-with-glory.4280298/

Yeah, I saw that. I think I posted in that thread saying they don't have enough money and that his knees would get worked. I don't see how that happens when he has better options with Bellator(?) and the Wilder thing, but I'm not sure that will actually happen. I'm just glad Fury is keeping active, instead of retiring, because he seems to be something special, even if it is mostly that he is a yuge bully.

Yeah, I saw that. I think I posted in that thread saying they don't have enough money and that his knees would get worked. I don't see how that happens when he has better options with Bellator(?) and the Wilder thing, but I'm not sure that will actually happen. I'm just glad Fury is keeping active, instead of retiring, because he seems to be something special, even if it is mostly that he is a yuge bully.
Yeah if you’re a champion or big name GLORY pays good money.
They paid their fighters a total of €1.625 million for the Badr Hari vs Alistair Overeem event (9 fights on the card), and I assume Badr and Reem took the lion’s share of that money. Also, this number doesn’t include PPV-points.

Both Badr Hari and Rico Verhoeven live a very wealthy lifestyle. So yeah I’m sure GLORY could and would pay Ngannou an insane amount of money in terms of kickboxing pay, but that would probably still not be the kind of money Ngannou is looking for since he wants to get paid like Tyson Fury.. so yeah I doubt GLORY will pay him what he wants.
Not having an exclusive contract would be interesting for him though. That would also play in Francis’ vision of being his “own” boss…

As a fan I would love to see it happen, but solely money-wise there’re probably better options for Ngannou. Let’s see what happens:D

I really wanna see Fury - Usyk though, and doing it in the UK makes it possible to attend for me

I hope it’s true but I am constantly disappointed as a Fury fan and fully expect to be again regarding this.

When he bullies Usyk and unifies the titles he will probably retire but still holding out hope he fights Joshua in the future.

Or so we thought? If Fury actually does sign and shows up for the fight then it wasn't a bluff. I'll remain skeptical until then because in the past he managed to find ways to get out of fights. Even ones that were signed/contractually obligated. It isn't official yet but it just might happen after all. Just not on April 29th. That's next month. There simply wouldn't be enough time to promote it and, unless they're already both in camp, that isn't quite enough time to get a full one in (assuming an 8 week camp, there's a little less than 7 weeks to go).
Usyk put up a vid on Youtube today saying he accepts a 70/30 split. my gut feeling is he has been training for Fury since a few weeks after the 2nd Joshua fight

Usyk put up a vid on Youtube today saying he accepts a 70/30 split. my gut feeling is he has been training for Fury since a few weeks after the 2nd Joshua fight
I know. I posted the video you're talking about within an hour of when it was published. Usyk is likely already in camp now but he couldn't have been training for Fury specifically. Especially considering that the fight was never guaranteed to happen. Lately it looked as if it wasn't going to. It's still not official yet because Fury's signature is needed. Hopefully we do get it but there's no way it happens on April 29th. They would need a good few months to promote it and they haven't got that. April 29th is less than 7 weeks away. Not enough time. If it is going to happen then they'll have to rebook Wembley for a later date. One that gives them a sufficient amount of time for them both to get full camps in and to promote a fight of this magnitude.

What version of Fury will we get I this is the date? He has a history of holding off on fighting when he is out of shape mentally or physically in the past. Fair play.

Yeah if you’re a champion or big name GLORY pays good money.
They paid their fighters a total of €1.625 million for the Badr Hari vs Alistair Overeem event (9 fights on the card), and I assume Badr and Reem took the lion’s share of that money. Also, this number doesn’t include PPV-points.

Both Badr Hari and Rico Verhoeven live a very wealthy lifestyle. So yeah I’m sure GLORY could and would pay Ngannou an insane amount of money in terms of kickboxing pay, but that would probably still not be the kind of money Ngannou is looking for since he wants to get paid like Tyson Fury.. so yeah I doubt GLORY will pay him what he wants.
Not having an exclusive contract would be interesting for him though. That would also play in Francis’ vision of being his “own” boss…

As a fan I would love to see it happen, but solely money-wise there’re probably better options for Ngannou. Let’s see what happens:D

I really wanna see Fury - Usyk though, and doing it in the UK makes it possible to attend for me

I guess, if you think he will take a pay cut and sign with Glory. This would mean that his whole plan failed, basically. That would be great if you got to see Fury fight Usyk, though.

IF Fury has got Usyk to accept 70/30 then Fury has played this beautifully. A lot of his critics would have had their ignorance shown up in neon lights

He blew possibly the biggest purse ever offered in history and you think he played this beautifully? LOL

The wembley fight had people suggesting Fury take a 50/50, or he is ducking, if he is able to get 70/30 instead, those people will never come out and say they were wrong, they will just complain about something else

Back